PDA

View Full Version : Former UT player produces negative drug test

kepdawg
04-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Former UT player produces negative drug test

10:00 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News
chipbrown@dallasnews.com

AUSTIN – Former Texas cornerback Tarell Brown of North Mesquite was not using marijuana or any other street drugs when he was arrested on a misdemeanor drug possession charge March 22, according to Brown's attorney.

Jamie Balagia, Brown's Austin-based attorney, has produced paperwork from a drug screen urine sample submitted by Brown to Primacare Medical Centers in Mesquite on March 24 that shows Brown tested negative for marijuana and eight other street drugs.

Balagia said Brown was an innocent bystander in the car when Brown's cousin was pulled over in Williamson County last month.

Authorities pulled over the vehicle for not having a front license plate, smelled marijuana and searched the vehicle, recovering .3 grams of marijuana, according to arrest records.

Brown faces a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.

g$$
04-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Has he not learned his lesson from others? You roll around with dogs & you will end up with fleas! Poor judgement, again.

Old Tiger
04-12-2007, 03:18 AM
The charges will most likely be dropped but it is hard to tell because he was in Williamson county and they are STRICT!

g$$
04-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The charges will most likely be dropped but it is hard to tell because he was in Williamson county and they are STRICT!

Still just stupid & poor judgement. Kid has to know better. Wasn't he suspended before the Ohio State game too (Gatewood, Harris, etc.)?

And right before the draft? Guilty or not, kid has to make better choices.

Funk-d-fied
04-12-2007, 08:42 AM
He played for ut, they will be dropped as soon as the check gets there. " WERE TEXAS", what happens here effects the world.

kaorder1999
04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
He played for ut, they will be dropped as soon as the check gets there. " WERE TEXAS", what happens here effects the world.

:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
:rolleyes: Yep.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
The tests were negative! The man is innocent!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
04-12-2007, 08:58 AM
This is what Im confused about. Just because he didn't smoke it does it automatically mean he wasn't possessing it or selling it?

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The tests were negative! The man is innocent!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If the glove doesn't fit...then you must acquit!!! :):):)

injuredinmelee
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Why is riding around in the car with your family a bad choice? How is he suppose to know his cousin has weed in the car?

kaorder1999
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Why is riding around in the car with your family a bad choice? How is he suppose to know his cousin has weed in the car?

maybe im just an idiot but the smell of it is pretty obvious. If i got in anyones car that had marijuana in it im guessing I would be able to smell it. Now if it were hidden in some sealed container and hidden under the dashboard that is one thing. But if the stuff able to be smelled by the policemen then that is another thing!

JasperDog94
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
He played for ut, they will be dropped as soon as the check gets there. lame

kaorder1999
04-12-2007, 09:12 AM
believe me...i hate the fact it could have been a wrong place at the wrong time thing. But...when you have gotten in trouble before I would think that he would be a LOT more careful of who he hangs with and who he rides in cars with. Im guessing that he knew his cousin smoked weed. That's usually not something kept secret.

Phil C
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
believe me...i hate the fact it could have been a wrong place at the wrong time thing. But...when you have gotten in trouble before I would think that he would be a LOT more careful of who he hangs with and who he rides in cars with. Im guessing that he knew his cousin smoked weed. That's usually not something kept secret.

Now now ka. JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!

:)

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If the glove doesn't fit...then you must acquit!!! :):):)

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: