PDA

View Full Version : That's a lot of weed!

kepdawg
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Traffic stop nets massive marijuana bust

06:43 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Associated Press

AUSTIN - Texas Department of Public Safety troopers seized over 8,900 pounds of marijuana from inside a tanker truck Monday in what authorities said is the second-largest pot bust by the DPS during a routine traffic stop since 1997.

DPS spokesman Tom Vinger said the truck was stopped Monday on Highway 285 about three miles east of Hebbronville in South Texas.

Troopers said the truck bore fictitious markings, and an inspection revealed 864 plastic-wrapped bundles with a street value of $4.5 million. Authorities suspected the cargo was being taken from Starr County in the Lower Rio Grande Valley to Houston.

Reynaldo Hovey Jr., 24, of La Joya was arrested after troopers found the marijuana. He is expected to appear in federal court to face drug possession charges.

The largest bust DPS bust recovered 11,896 pounds on July 16, 2004, in Bee County, Mr. Vinger said.

lepfan
04-11-2007, 07:14 PM
They must have been headed to Austin....spring practice. (sorry I couldn't resist);)

Old Tiger
04-11-2007, 07:19 PM
sounds like a party to me...

tree8400
04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
see if they had the trans texas cordidor(ms) they whould not have gotten caught. Can not wait till they take my land to build it :hairpunk:

Old Tiger
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by tree8400
see if they had the trans texas cordidor(ms) they whould not have gotten caught. Can not wait till they take my land to build it :hairpunk: I hope that was sarcastic! That thing is no good for small town people!

lepfan
04-11-2007, 07:52 PM
see if they had the trans texas cordidor(ms) they whould not have gotten caught. Can not wait till they take my land to build it :hairpunk: I am sure you will get market $$$ for your land...they won't just "take it"....right?

KTA
04-11-2007, 08:01 PM
just assuming that its all sold in quarter sacks ($25), four quarter sacks make a ounce ($100), and sixteen ounces make a pound ($1600)...thats $14240000.00 worth of weed!!!

maestro
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
that's alot of false bottom drinking mugs..

:)

GreenGobbla
04-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by KTA
just assuming that its all sold in quarter sacks ($25), four quarter sacks make a ounce ($100), and sixteen ounces make a pound ($1600)...thats $14240000.00 worth of weed!!!

dang, that must be some good stuff

g$$
04-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by KTA

You seem well-versed on the subject...

burnet44
04-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Nate was driving

Fotbol
04-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Nate was driving Actually this load was for Ricky Williams, he's back in Austin Training for the Dolphins, and Mack Brown Ordered it for Ricky to make sure he had a smooth Transition:smoker: :D :devil: :flaming:

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Actually this load was for Ricky Williams, he's back in Austin Training for the Dolphins, and Mack Brown Ordered it for Ricky to make sure he had a smooth Transition:smoker: :D :devil: :flaming: Hahahaha!!!! :clap: :clap: :D

Hansum Stranger
04-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I am sure you will get market $$$ for your land...they won't just "take it"....right?

You don't actually believe that do you? The governemnt never offers market value when they take someone's land. Just ask the people in Arlington who lost their property when the city took it to build the new Cowboy Staduim.

Casey, you don't know how it will affect the small towns. When the FM roads were built everyone was crying then about hurting the small towns. It turns out that the FM roads are the best thing that has happened for the small towns.

What we need is an honest and open dialogue(sp) with the government to find out where it is going, who is gonna pay for it and who is going to own and operate it.

CHS_CG
04-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Actually this load was for Ricky Williams, he's back in Austin Training for the Dolphins, and Mack Brown Ordered it for Ricky to make sure he had a smooth Transition:smoker: :D :devil: :flaming:

thats the first thing that i thought

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
You don't actually believe that do you? The governemnt never offers market value when they take someone's land. Just ask the people in Arlington who lost their property when the city took it to build the new Cowboy Staduim.

Casey, you don't know how it will affect the small towns. When the FM roads were built everyone was crying then about hurting the small towns. It turns out that the FM roads are the best thing that has happened for the small towns.

What we need is an honest and open dialogue(sp) with the government to find out where it is going, who is gonna pay for it and who is going to own and operate it.

I just fear that the signage that will go up around the road will resemble the crap that you see everywhere when your driving the interstates in the South and into Northern Florida. It looks like absolute crap...

tree8400
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
if it goes where they are planning to put it, it would go right thru the middle of my parents land. So what are my parents supposed to do with the land on either side of it. They can not put a convient store becuase Texas has already sold the rights to some other company.

Hansum Stranger
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
if it goes where they are planning to put it, it would go right thru the middle of my parents land. So what are my parents supposed to do with the land on either side of it. They can not put a convient store becuase Texas has already sold the rights to some other company.

They can put up a convient store on their property. It just most likely won't have an off ramp or easy access close to it.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You seem well-versed on the subject...

I was thinking the same thing....

I remember back when a dimebag was 8 bux, LOL!