PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Coaching Changes

kepdawg
04-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Quick in, Forrester, Farrar out on Bulldog football staff
Seven-on-seven participation looms

Jasper Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Thomas Brooks announced last week a couple of changes to the Bulldogs football staff.

Ty Quick has assumed the offensive coordinator duties for the team replacing Patrick Forrester, who has accepted a position with Elgin High School with former coach Danny Lauve.

Quick, who has previously served as head coach for the Bulldogs, has already jumped into action this week as he started implementing his offensive scheme with off-season players.

Last year's defensive coordinator Eric Farrar is also leaving Jasper. He has accepted a position as defensive coordinator for Class 5A Garland Lakeview Centennial Patriots.

Brooks said he is currently interviewing coaches for this position but added that he might assume the position utilizing his defensive background.

"I came through the ranks as a defensive coordinator," Brooks said. "That is all I have done in my 24 years of coaching."

He said he expects to have the position filled within the next week.

Another exiting change to the football program is that Brooks announced the team would participate in a seven-on-seven league this summer with other teams in the area.

"We are going to host some tournaments and get into some leagues," Brooks said. "We're going to get in as much football as we can because we are a little behind right now."

JasperDog94
04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I have never understood why Jasper didn't participate in 7 on 7 in the past. It's about time.

Astrosdawg07
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Man I hate to lose Farrar. But I guess he did good by going to a 5A, hope it works it for him.