PDA

View Full Version : Come on 3A downlow! Get with it!

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:35 PM
It is too late this year but next year I want everyone to support women's soccer. Go to at least one college game during the year and those of you that live within 60 miles of a college attend at least three games. Oh and watch them on tv when they are on to help ratings. If you don't have ESPN then get it! Oh and the summer olymphics are on so be sure to watch all of the women's soccer games especially when the USA is playing! Women's soccer needs to survive. Let's get with it! And be positive! I hope I can get Pirate4State and Sinton 66 to go with me to Austin to a game and maybe spend a few summer nights watching the women's soccer on the olymphics. We must all be in this together. Answer 3A downlow and be positive and supportive.

rholl
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I don't like soccer! sorry!! I will not be attending any games, men or women!

Phil C
Also I want the same thing to be done for women's basketball, softball and volleyball. Attend at least half of your girl's high school games and even junior high once in a while. Let's get with it!

Phil C
Rho I am talking about women's soccer.

PPHSfan
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I would rather sit thru a second grade band recital on a Friday Night in October in a room full of queers drinking Fresca, than watch womens soccer.

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Rho I don't even care if you like it or not. Just attend and be supportive and watch on tv.

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I understand PPHS but watch it anyway. It needs your support both live and on tv. Just watch it. You don't have to like it. Besides you might see the error of your ways and change your mind and become a big fan.

olddog73
12-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Sorry Phil, I support Girls volley ball, softball, basketball, track, cross country, swimming, hoola hooping, ect. but I have absolutly no interest in men or womens soccer. Just cant get into it.

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:45 PM
PPHS maybe you could meet Sinton 66, Pire4State, Rholl, and myself for a game in Austin next year.

rholl
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Phil..you don't care if I like it...but go anyway????
I will not support it...in person or on TV.....and jr high girls basketball???..
Sorry...you lose on this one!!!!!

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Old I understand. But just attend and watch on tv is what I am saying. You don't have to like it.

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Rho it needs your support. And why won't you go to a girls' junior high basketball game. I am going to be going to one tonight after supper. The girls like support. Women's soccer needs your support Rho so let's get with it!

Phil C
12-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Hey Old does Burnet HS have a girls' soccer team?

3afan
12-08-2003, 06:24 PM
this is forney's first year with a high school soccer program - i'll probably check out a game

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2003, 06:26 PM
3afan:
this is forney's first year with a high school soccer program - i'll probably check out a gameyeah...a lot of cute high school girls are playing...I might have to check out one game...

3ahunter2k4
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Phil C:
I understand PPHS but watch it anyway. It needs your support both live and on tv. Just watch it. You don't have to like it. Besides you might see the error of your ways and change your mind and become a big fan.is this guy for real. if no one wants to watch something boring they don't ahve to. back off

olddog73
12-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Phil C:
Hey Old does Burnet HS have a girls' soccer team?No Phil, as far as I know, no one anywhere near us does, Im sure they do in Austin though.

Keith7
12-08-2003, 07:03 PM
women's sports suck

sinton66
12-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Come on, Keith, tell us what you really think. wink

Old No. 7
12-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Girls softball only! Soc... socar.... succca......heck I can't even spell that S. word. :D :D

sinton66
12-08-2003, 07:35 PM
I just call it wussyball . :D (Bandera Ya Ya gets mad at me when I call it Communist Soccer.)

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bulldog92
12-08-2003, 09:05 PM
sinton66:
I just call it wussyball . :D (Bandera Ya Ya gets mad at me when I call it Communist Soccer.)But it is communist soccer! I'd rather watch grass grow. :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2003, 09:13 PM
sinton66:
I just call it wussyball . :D (Bandera Ya Ya gets mad at me when I call it Communist Soccer.)aww...that reminds me of some great topics...I wish I had thought of those when jason was talking about the top ten posts of all-time.

Bell_06
12-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks Phil for standing up and trying to encourage others to also support the female sports. Our school does not offer soccer but it is a fast growing sport in the Texas high schools. I think its great when anyone can watch and have some admiration for what our young athletes are doing. Any sport at collegiate level is worthy of respect, be it male or female.

Saddens me to hear some of what I am assuming are high school male students constantly downgrading anything the females are involved in... these sports programs are 'suppose' to be set up to enhance everyones participation level and academics.

Thanks again Phil, you've been the biggest proponet of women sports.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Well, Phil, if we had soccer, I would try to support. And yes, I know we're not that far from Austin, but between work, 7th & 4th grader's schedules and life in general, I honestly don't have time to go to Austin for soccer games. I do, however, go to as many of our volleyball, softball and girls b-ball games as time allows.

therealbulldogs
12-08-2003, 11:55 PM
olddog73:

Phil C:
Hey Old does Burnet HS have a girls' soccer team?No Phil, as far as I know, no one anywhere near us does, Im sure they do in Austin though.I'm pretty sure Wimberly has a soccer team and I know Bandera does.

Bulldog92
12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
I have absolutely nothing against women's sports. I just hate soccer.... :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-09-2003, 01:02 AM
No, Phil. No.

Phil C
12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Thank you for your support Bell and LH. For such nice compliments I gave both of you 5s and it is my policy that I only give 5s or don't rate. Thank you for the kind words Bell and please be sure to see my post on Female sports. Thank you to LH. You are doing more than your share so consider this post not aimed at you. Thank you all for your support. Especially those such as Sinton 66 and Sly who have hopefully seen the error of their ways and are searching the internet for women's soccer game tickets and ......
:)

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Bulldog92:
I have absolutely nothing against women's sports. I just hate soccer.... :D same here...

Phil C
12-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Jasper and Bulldog you both need to improve your attitude. :)

Bell_06
12-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Ahhh thanks for the 5's, not that I know what that means but I'm assuming high 5.

For the life of me I don't understand why people are not more supportive of female athletes and their efforts. Many of these same people have daughters, wives, and or girlfriends.. do they not want to see these women succeed when they set a goal? Is it simply cute to say, well if they perform near naked then we'll suffer through a female event? Or is this how our youth really views their female classmates and our adults their soulmates?

The scales are so incredibly unbalanced and I feel that some schools almost reinforce this way of thinking. Equality between the genders in school sports is a whole differnt issue, what we are talking here is basic common courtesy and support for our females. If you can't sit through a soccer game, so be it, but please relize how shallow-brained it sounds stating that in order to do so, some female would have to shred all dignity in order for you to recognize her efforts.

Thanks again Phil, I hope you continue to post upcoming events. When football season is over I think a conversation concerning female athletes and Title IX might be beneficial as an eye opener for some of the folks here.

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling that since I have a little girl at home now, I'll be attending my share of girls athletic events. As long as it's not soccer or cheerleading (not really a sport) I'm okay with it.

Honestly, no matter what she chooses to participate in, I'll support her. :D

Bell_06
12-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Slight correction JasperDog...Cheerleading is a sport and can be a very physical sport. And let me assure you, if your little girl decides to play soccer you too will become a soccer fan, because it's not the sport you love first but the person participating in it, and if it happens to be your child then there is no way you can not learn to love what she throws her heart into.

Phil C
12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Bell I agree that cheerleading is a separate sport. Nowadays they have to be athletic and do lots of athletic things. I get nervous when I watch them due to the injury possibilites. Also when I said I rated you a five it meant that I clicked on your profile and gave you five stars which you see under your name on the posts. I only rate people either five stars or none at all due to personal policy.

Old Cardinal
12-09-2003, 03:26 PM
I support the Girls athletics along with the Boys. My favorites for the girls is: Softball,CrossCountry and Track. I tolerate and support both boys and girls in Basketball, but they have turned Basketball into a very sorry sport. There is no finness and no charging calls at all. Bumping, banging and flying body blocks is not Basketball. I have not cultivated enough interest in soccer to want to follow that sport, but I do hope the schools expand an array of activities for the different interest of our youth.

Phil C
12-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I know what you mean Old. Plus sometimes basketball becomes basketstall and I dislike that even if it is my own team using it to their disadvantage. Now if it is the last two minutes of the game then that is another thing but not for nearly all of the fourth quarter like I have seen it done in the past.

Wildcat81
12-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Old No. 7:
Girls softball only! Soc... socar.... succca......heck I can't even spell that S. word. :D :D I have to agree Lady Wildcat Softball is the best.
State Champs.

Bell_06
12-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Where is Saratoga and what district would you be in?

Wildcat81
12-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Bell_06:
Where is Saratoga and what district would you be in?Near Beaumont!Saratoga is a 2A school.I'm grew up
in Kirbyville.