PDA

View Full Version : 04-10-07 Softball Results (merged)

3aSoftball4Mom
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Sealy 1 Sweeny 0
Columbia 3 Columbus 0
Wharton 13 Stafford 1
Needville 17 Royal 0

Records as of 4/10:
Sealy 9 - 2
Needville 7- 4
Sweeny 7- 4
Columbia 7- 4
Wharton 7- 4
Columbus 5 - 6
Stafford 2 - 9
Brookshire Royal 0 - 11

flowerchick
04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Columbia score was 3-0 if you would like the correct score. Great job Sealy website as usual. Am I crazy or are the umpires horrible this year...... Just wondering....

3aSoftball4Mom
04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by flowerchick
Columbia score was 3-0 if you would like the correct score. Great job Sealy website as usual. Am I crazy or are the umpires horrible this year...... Just wondering....

Yep, it's always better to have the right score. The Erwins from Sweeny told my husband, now that means it could be, he got it wrong or they just got an earlier score. Thanks!!!

Thank you for the compliment on the website!

Umpires this year??!!!! Oh.....you should have seen the ones we had tonight.
I'd say 6 or more missed calls by the base umpire.
over-ruled 3 or 4 times and one time he even over-ruled himself!!! can they do that??

Did Bailey pitch for ya'll? what happened with the umps in your game?

Reds fan
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

Did Bailey pitch for ya'll?

Yes, Bailey pitched.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom

Did Bailey pitch for ya'll?

Yes, Bailey pitched.

Good for her! Sounds like she did great, as usual.

We heard from the Sweeny parents that Cami is sick. Hope she gets to feeling better.

g$$
04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Tough one for Sweeny. Hang in there & make the playoffs.

How did Sealy score? Did Sweeny have chances? Congrats to Sealy for winning a good one.

Thanks for the information.

18handicap
04-11-2007, 01:45 AM
It's not just in AAA that we've had some interesting (and that's a nice way of putting) umpiring lately. It's occurring in the AAAAA games too. We had an umpire pulled right before our game with Bryan because they just figured out that he hadn't paid his TASO or local dues yet. He called all year, but now they waited until right before the JV game to do this. Thank goodness the replacement was on our preferred list or we would have had to delay or postpone the game. Then tonight on the road.......well.....I had better not say.

Phil C
04-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Sinton defeated West Oso in five innings 10 to 0. With this win the Lady Pirates cinched the District 30AAA Championship. They are 9 - 0 in District with only one game to play and all the other teams have at least one loss.

Reds fan
04-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Navasota over Smithville 8-0
Bellville over La Grange 4-1 (from chron.com)
Giddings over Caldwell 11-2

Johnny Utah
04-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Beware of the Howling bear???

pirate4state
04-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Beware of the Howling bear??? Yeah, there was ONE howling bear that was very annoying :twitch: :twitch:

piratebg
04-11-2007, 09:20 AM
One more to go. Congrats Lady Pirates!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
One more to go. Congrats Lady Pirates!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: Well one more to go before the 3rd season starts ;) hopefully they have ALOT more games to play. :cheerl:

pirate4state
04-11-2007, 09:27 AM
:clap: Congrats to Sealy on their win last night!!! That was a big win for you guys. Had Sweeny beat ya'll in the first go round?

txkmom
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
LE over Pittsburg 4-0, undefeated in district so far, clinches 16-3A crown. They have one more against Pleasant Grove Friday night. Lacey (P/3B) is 17-1. Ashley Johnson (SS/C), just returned from a partially torn ligament in her hand, hit her first varsity home run.

Johnny Utah
04-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Beware of Rifle Arm?

Phil C
04-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Aransas Pass beat Orange Grove 7 to 3 last night. With that win Aransas Pass is 7 - 2 in District 30AAA and has very likely cinched second place. I don't know the records of the other teams but probably it is a fight for third place between Ingleside, Orange Grove and West Oso.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Aransas Pass beat Orange Grove 7 to 3 last night. With that win Aransas Pass is 7 - 2 in District 30AAA and has very likely cinched second place.

Right you are. Our overall record is 18-7-1. The Lady Panthers will finish out district play at home on April 20th against the Lady Bears from West Oso.

:)

pirate4state
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Beware of Rifle Arm?

Eh?

Speaking of Riflearm - how did Ingleside do against Mathis last night? Anyone know? I didn't see a score in the paper and that has me worried :eek: :eek:

OnceABucJr
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Mathis postponed their Ingleside game until 6PM tonight (Wed.). Said it was too wet?

buff4ever
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I saw it somewhere on here already, but I was at the game. Giddings won 11 to 2 over caldwell. I went back and forth btwn the softball and baseball games. Side note, our boys 10 runned em in 5 innings.

pirate4state
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Mathis postponed their Ingleside game until 6PM tonight (Wed.). Said it was too wet? Thanks for the update. Good luck to the Mustangs.

Phil C
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Mathis postponed their Ingleside game until 6PM tonight (Wed.). Said it was too wet?

Hey Once maybe they could play the game tonight at Sinton if the Mathis field is still too wet. :)

87 TIGER
04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Love the softball scores
Liberty Hill 2-0 over Hutto
Rockdale 9-2 over Taylor
Rockdale 6-1
Liberty Hill 5-1
Taylor 2-4
Hutto 1-6
Cameron 0-6
Liberty Hill & Rockdale should win out and have a play-off for 1st

3aSoftball4Mom
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: Congrats to Sealy on their win last night!!! That was a big win for you guys. Had Sweeny beat ya'll in the first go round?

Thanks! Yes it was a very big win for us. No, Sweeny lost to us in the first round. 4-0
Our two losses were to Wharton & Columbus, the first two games of District. We didn't think that we could get out of that hole. The Ladies dug down deep and showed what they are made of.

Originally posted by g$$
Tough one for Sweeny. Hang in there & make the playoffs.
How did Sealy score? Did Sweeny have chances? Congrats to Sealy for winning a good one. Thanks for the information.

Thanks. We scored off of a walk and single in the first inning. We had 7 hits and one walk. The Lady Tigers had several more times in the game to score, but couldn't put anything together to get our runners home.

Sweeny had 3 hits. Did not have any base runners until the 6th & 7th innings.

Overall it was a good pitching dual and defensive game for both sides. Sweeny is a great team, with a great group of young ladies.
Thanks for asking.

OnceABucJr
04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Ingleside beat Mathis tonight 5-0 and I believe that gives them 3rd place behind Sinton (1) and AP (2).

Reds fan
04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
Good for her! Sounds like she did great, as usual.

We heard from the Sweeny parents that Cami is sick. Hope she gets to feeling better.

It's good to see Bailey get a chance to pitch (sorry Cami is hurt), but Columbia was struggling and Bailey has seemed more effective.

softball_mom
04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
It's good to see Bailey get a chance to pitch (sorry Cami is hurt), but Columbia was struggling and Bailey has seemed more effective.

Cami is not HURT!! She is sick...with 2 very bad ear infections and a ruptured ear drum. She was at the game Tuesday...she plays sick. And has played alot sicker than she is this week! Thats just the type of kid she is! Yes..... Bailey pitched a good game.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by softball_mom
Cami is not HURT!! She is sick...with 2 very bad ear infections and a ruptured ear drum. She was at the game Tuesday...she plays sick. And has played alot sicker than she is this week! Thats just the type of kid she is! Yes..... Bailey pitched a good game.

Not the first time she's played sick. Didn't she pitch during one of the State tournaments with pneumonia??? She really is a tough athlete. Wish more of them were like her. We really hope she is feeling better soon. Any idea how long something like that takes to heal?

g$$
04-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Tough kid & fine player. Get well - pitching depth is NEVER a bad thing. This district will go down to the end. And once the playoffs start, everybody is 0-0. Best of luck to all.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And once the playoffs start, everybody is 0-0.

Isn't that the truth! :crazy1: :crazy1:

g$$
04-12-2007, 01:13 AM

Funny how when a team struggles a little bit, blame gets placed on the star player. I know it comes with the territory but it is not fair nor is it accurate. It's a TEAM game. Roger Clemens lost close games over the past 3 years in Houston & still won his 7th Cy Young & led the league in ERA. It happens to the best. Intelligent fans knew it was an anemic offense in Houston. Again, it is a TEAM sport & injuries, defections, & other internal things affect a team too.

Bailey Watts is a good player w/ lots of potential, no doubt & her time is coming quickly. But when you have a proven winner & big game pitcher in Cami Newsome (State Finalist, State Champs), you ride that horse. She has been All-State, All-Greater Houston, All-County, & All-District for a reason, plus being recruited to play in college. Pitchers lose tough games too. Everybody has a job to do. It is unfair to single out a kid for a team's struggles (they are still in the hunt), esp. on a message board. You implied that without coming out & saying it. I disagree with that methodology & consider it highly offensive to all involved. Just play the game & be thankful you have a good team in contention. Sounds to me like someone has an axe to grind...& I am not even from WC or related to anyone on the team. Just a neutral observer familiar with the team who hates that garbage because I have seen it way too many times (playing, coaching, umpiring, & observing). It's just not right. Surely someone like you, who seems knowledgeable, knows better than that. It serves no productive purpose in the long run.

hookandladder
04-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Funny how when a team struggles a little bit, blame gets placed on the star player. I know it comes with the territory but it is not fair nor is it accurate. It's a TEAM game. Roger Clemens lost close games over the past 3 years in Houston & still won his 7th Cy Young & led the league in ERA. It happens to the best. Intelligent fans knew it was an anemic offense in Houston. Again, it is a TEAM sport & injuries, defections, & other internal things affect a team too.

Bailey Watts is a good player w/ lots of potential, no doubt & her time is coming quickly. But when you have a proven winner & big game pitcher in Cami Newsome (State Finalist, State Champs), you ride that horse. She has been All-State, All-Greater Houston, All-County, & All-District for a reason, plus being recruited to play in college. Pitchers lose tough games too. Everybody has a job to do. It is unfair to single out a kid for a team's struggles (they are still in the hunt), esp. on a message board. You implied that without coming out & saying it. I disagree with that methodology & consider it highly offensive to all involved. Just play the game & be thankful you have a good team in contention. Sounds to me like someone has an axe to grind...& I am not even from WC or related to anyone on the team. Just a neutral observer familiar with the team who hates that garbage because I have seen it way too many times (playing, coaching, umpiring, & observing). It's just not right. Surely someone like you, who seems knowledgeable, knows better than that. It serves no productive purpose in the long run.

I think what he or she is saying that maybe for some reason unknowed that the team is playing better with Bailey pitching. I can tell when we won State, we had 2 very good pitchers. However as the season progressed 1 pitcher became more dominent. We would have never won State had that not happened. It is not often a High School Team will have 2 dominent pitchers, they both maybe dominent in District but when the playoffs start one will usually step it up. Sounds to me you are being a little sensitive to this issue. I know Cami won State for them last year as the pitcher but that was last year and if the team is playing better with Bailey pitching, as a coach you have to do what is best for the team. That may not make Cami happy but that's the way the real world works.

softball_mom
04-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Lol......who said Cami is not happy????? And who said the team plays better with one pitcher than the other? We beat Columbus with both pitchers!

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Love the softball scores

Rockdale 6-1
Liberty Hill 5-1

Liberty Hill & Rockdale should win out and have a play-off for 1st I think you're right about both winning out. Play-off for 1st should be a good one! :)

hookandladder
04-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Lol......who said Cami is not happy????? And who said the team plays better with one pitcher than the other? We beat Columbus with both pitchers!

I did not say Cami is not happy, don't even know her. I am saying if one is pitching better and the team plays better with one or the other, than that's the one I would go with in the playoffs. As I said before in District you can use 2 pitchers, which is good. But when playoff time rolls around, you go with the hottest pitcher. The Texas Longhorns softball team had 2 good pitchers last year, however when it came to the World Series you saw who got the ball every game. Just the way it is. Coaches get paid to win.

Reds fan
04-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Whoa, first let me say some folks are reading a lot more into what I said than I ever intended. I did in no way want to imply that any teams struggles are one players blame, it is absolutley, first and foremost a team game. I know from reading this board that Columbia did not return a lot of players from last year. The only time I have had a chance to see Columbia play this year was at a tournament. Both girls pitched and in that frame of time Bailey appeared more effective for whatever reason.

I am firmly of the belief that if you have two quality caliber pitchers, use them. La Grange did it to win state a couple of years ago. Bellville went pretty deep last year using three pitchers, including one that was signed at A&M. Both Cami and Bailey are being recruited for college ball and deserve to be.

This year La Grange is splitting time between two pitchers, one senior signed to play in college and a freshman with a lot of talent Bellville is doing the same with a senior signed to play in college and a sophomore that I am sure is being recruited as well. All I am saying is that a team blessed with more than one good pitcher should look at using them both as effectively as possible.

I surely have no axe to grind, I am not from that area and I have no interest except to follow high school sports as a fan. I certainly regret having provoked any sort of antagonism on this board, it was not my intention and I hope this clears up what was a poorly thought out original post.

Good luck to all teams seeking playoff berths! Have fun and play hard, but most of all stay injury free!

g$$
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I think what he or she is saying that maybe for some reason unknowed that the team is playing better with Bailey pitching. I can tell when we won State, we had 2 very good pitchers. However as the season progressed 1 pitcher became more dominent. We would have never won State had that not happened. It is not often a High School Team will have 2 dominent pitchers, they both maybe dominent in District but when the playoffs start one will usually step it up. Sounds to me you are being a little sensitive to this issue. I know Cami won State for them last year as the pitcher but that was last year and if the team is playing better with Bailey pitching, as a coach you have to do what is best for the team. That may not make Cami happy but that's the way the real world works.

"Unknowed"? That may say a lot too.

No, I am not being sensitive, as I don't care if it is Jane Doe or whomever. What I don't like is a teenage kid(s) being singled out on a message board. That is just flat wrong. All they are doing is working hard & doing their best for their community.

And, no single player, Cami included, wins state. It takes a TEAM. Did Texas ever win a National Championship with Cat Osterman? That answer is NO, they came close, but no cigar. Just let the kids & coaches do their jobs, that is all I am saying. Seems to me both have done fantastic jobs in WC over the past few years (1st team sport championship in school history...).

g$$
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Whoa, first let me say some folks are reading a lot more into what I said than I ever intended. I did in no way want to imply that any teams struggles are one players blame, it is absolutley, first and foremost a team game. I know from reading this board that Columbia did not return a lot of players from last year. The only time I have had a chance to see Columbia play this year was at a tournament. Both girls pitched and in that frame of time Bailey appeared more effective for whatever reason.

I am firmly of the belief that if you have two quality caliber pitchers, use them. La Grange did it to win state a couple of years ago. Bellville went pretty deep last year using three pitchers, including one that was signed at A&M. Both Cami and Bailey are being recruited for college ball and deserve to be.

This year La Grange is splitting time between two pitchers, one senior signed to play in college and a freshman with a lot of talent Bellville is doing the same with a senior signed to play in college and a sophomore that I am sure is being recruited as well. All I am saying is that a team blessed with more than one good pitcher should look at using them both as effectively as possible.

I surely have no axe to grind, I am not from that area and I have no interest except to follow high school sports as a fan. I certainly regret having provoked any sort of antagonism on this board, it was not my intention and I hope this clears up what was a poorly thought out original post.

Good luck to all teams seeking playoff berths! Have fun and play hard, but most of all stay injury free!

That's fair, have a good one. Best of luck too.

neck_06
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Baily has pitched against Stafford and Columbus....last time i checked neither team is really dominatiing. and against stafford a stat that not many people saw was 6 or 7 walks.

baily is a good pitcher, i just wish that everytime things aren't going as smoothly people would just leave it alone and wait for things to get better....not just jump ship on a great player.

but i guess people like to bitch and complain more than they like to praise people.....typical

themsu97
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
wow, Neck, you did learn something from me....;)

Phil C
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Last night in District 30AAA Ingleside beat Mathis 5 - 0.

I am not sure if this has cinched the third playoff spot for Ingleside. The winning pitcher was Kelsey Runk who pitched a one hitter so she has learned her lesson well from Riflearm.

In District 31AAA it was Falfurrias over San Diego 11 to 1 in five.

87 TIGER
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think you're right about both winning out. Play-off for 1st should be a good one! :) Do you know anything about where they might play? Rockdale plays Cameron Fri to end dist, Who does LH have left? Heard yall had a close one with Hutto Tue.

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Do you know anything about where they might play? Rockdale plays Cameron Fri to end dist, Who does LH have left? Heard yall had a close one with Hutto Tue. We have Taylor Friday & Cameron Tuesday. I wasn't able to make it to Hutto...since we had track yesterday, I didn't want to keep the boys out that late as one had morning events. I did make the game last Friday when they played Granger. They looked good then. I haven't heard where it might be for playoff, if needed.