PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley BB Players---Hot Dogs For Sale!

Bandera YaYa
02-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Bandera hosted Wimberley tonite, beating us by about 20 points. It was a very rough game from start to finish. But, boy you can tell who the true champions were!! Yes, Wimberley has a bench full of talented boys. Too bad that's all they have! What a bunch of uncontrolled, bad mannered hot dogs. And I'm holding back!!!! Gosh, am I
so very proud that our boys don't strut around like they do! I'm not saying that we didn't push and shove back, it was a real physical game. And that's fine, it's part of what I love about the game. But when you have a player (#22--I think his name is Jerk) flip our crowd off behind the back of the ref (what a coward), it's a real shame and disgrace. Of course I didn't expect anything less from him, he had been thinking "he was all that" and a bag of chips , all night. He was the worst, and I'm sure that if he were to read this, it would only please him...he has no class. He is not a "champion" and when Wimberley reaches the playoffs, they will be knocked down by a less talented team, one who knows how real champions act. You can have all the talent in the world, but without the right attitude, you will go down in flames. Alot of the players thought they were "pretty and hot", and the coach just let them act like that. I have no respect for the coach and the parents who allow their kids to carry on like that. There is a HUGE difference between being happy and excited you are doing good and being cocky and snotty. Shame on you! You'll never reach the star we did, it takes much more heart than you have. And what's so sad, is that there is a HUGE amount of talent on that team, and if they acted half way decent,I'd be the first to shake their hands and wish them the best of luck. They say cheaters never win...well, they did worse than cheat, they shamed themselves, and they shamed their school. I know they could care less what I think, but this is a lot nicer than flipping off the home crowd. Way to go Wimberley... you really showed your true colors....hot

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-01-2003, 01:43 AM
That's unfortunate. Reminds me a lot of Rio Hondo. Although I wasn't at the game between Rio Hondo and Port Isabel this past football season, I spoke to several players, coaches, and fans from Port Isabel, all of whom said that the players, and coaches from Rio Hondo verbally assaulted Port Isabel's coaches and players during the pre-game warmups.

Fortunately, Rio Hondo had their butts handed to them and their season went down the drain after that loss. Just comes to show you, overconfidence and arrogance will come back and bite you sooner or later. In Rio Hondo's case, it happened sooner. Hopefully in Wimberly's case, since it did not happen tonight, it will happen later.

Bandera YaYa
02-01-2003, 01:53 AM
No , it did not happen tonite and because they are good, it might be awhile, but it will happen and later is better...it will hurt that much more!