PDA

View Full Version : steroids......

necks_c/09
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
why dont they let everybody take steroids so the playing field is even again.....?

c'mon....think about it.....

80 hr's in MLB.....

70 goals in NHL

45 ppg in NBA

3000 rushing yds in NFL

pitchers could throw 115 mph

and who knows what else......

if everybody took steroids then the playing field would be even again and there would be no contreversy (sp.)

sports would be more exciting and barry could shrink his man stuff as much as he wanted too......along w/ gary mathews, sosa, mcGuire, grimsley and all the others......

think about it.....

interseting scenario....

im just tired of all the bull associated w/ steroids

p.s.

i know this will prolly never happen and rightfully so but they have to do something such as adopt olympic testing standards
to make it fair......b/c if not people will juice their self and hit 73 hr's like bonds and sosa(however many he hit)

Diocletian
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
if you ever had a family member die from not knowing how to safely use steriods, to try to be "like" one of those great players with all those stats....then you prob would never have posted that

it's all about the abuse of steriods that counts, making them legal to use would increase the amount of abuse, therefore increase the amount of deaths with younger aspiring adults

drinking beer is legal at a certain age for maturity to play an important roll in the decisions around it, even though minors still drink it and die from it every day.....this is a perfect example...if beer was illegal to drink there would be less young deaths associated with drinking it, and you would see many older people getting arrested for drinking it just like using steriods

if 10 people break the law and there is only 1 cop in front of them how many people get arrested?

smustangs
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
if you ever had a family member die from not knowing how to safely use steriods, to try to be "like" one of those great players with all those stats....then you prob would never have posted that

it's all about the abuse of steriods that counts, making them legal to use would increase the amount of abuse, therefore increase the amount of deaths with younger aspiring adults

drinking beer is legal at a certain age for maturity to play an important roll in the decisions around it, even though minors still drink it and die from it every day.....this is a perfect example...if beer was illegal to drink there would be less young deaths associated with drinking it, and you would see many older people getting arrested for drinking it just like using steriods

if 10 people break the law and there is only 1 cop in front of them how many people get arrested?

im pretty sure he was being a smart alleck and not seriously trying to hurt anyone

carter08
04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
im pretty sure he was being a smart alleck and not seriously trying to hurt anyone

if you mean necks_c/09, he was probably being serious. He doesn't think before he talks.

Sadly, he is a conservative Republican

DU_stud04
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
steriods might make you more "aggresive", but in basketball they arent needed, that extra juice will throw off even jordans shot.

necks_c/09
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
yea....too set the record straight i was being kind of a smart A$$.......and i was talkin about post players.....not guards......

more dominant in the paint.....know what im sayin?.......

and true....i have never had a family member die from juicin it up......i honestly didnt think anybody was that dumb.....no offense