PDA

View Full Version : Another great DVD at Wal-Mart for $1.00

Phil C
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
:eek:

I couldn't believe my eyes but they had the 1979 movie for that price. The movie was She Came to the Valley which is about South Texas in the early 20th century. The World Premier was in Kingsville, Texas when I lived there at the Texas Theatre and I went to see it. It stars Ronee Blakely as Willy, Dean Stockwell (Al in Quantum Leap) as her husband Pat, Scott Glenn as Bill Lester and the great Freddy Fender as Pancho Villa. It is a great movie and Freddy Fender is great and also sings the title song. He should have got an oscar nomination for his great performance.

As a bonus the DVD also includes the great 1974 made for tv movie The Gun and the Pulpit with Slim Pickens as Billy One-Eye, Pamela Sue Martin as Sally Underwood and Estelle Parsons as Sadie Underwood.

A great movie indeed and I am sure now that you are all planning your rush upon Wal-Mart to get your copy of this dvd. A treat indeed.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

I couldn't believe my eyes but they had the 1979 movie for that price. The movie was She Came to the Valley which is about South Texas in the early 20th century. The World Premier was in Kingsville, Texas when I lived there at the Texas Theatre and I went to see it. It stars Ronee Blakely as Willy, Dean Stockwell (Al in Quantum Leap) as her husband Pat, Scott Glenn as Bill Lester and the great Freddy Fender as Pancho Villa. It is a great movie and Freddy Fender is great and also sings the title song. He should have got an oscar nomination for his great performance.

As a bonus the DVD also includes the great 1974 made for tv movie The Gun and the Pulpit with Slim Pickens as Billy One-Eye, Pamela Sue Martin as Sally Underwood and Estelle Parsons as Sadie Underwood.

A great movie indeed and I am sure now that you are all planning your rush upon Wal-Mart to get your copy of this dvd. A treat indeed. is this in color or black and white?

g$$
04-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Good stuff Phil, & for a $1 it's worth a shot. Thanks!

Highschoolfan78
04-11-2007, 06:50 AM
I took your advice and bought the other one.. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I may have to give this one a shot

Originally posted by Phil C

A great movie indeed and I am sure now that you are all planning your rush upon Wal-Mart to get your copy of this dvd. A treat indeed.

Phil C
04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
is this in color or black and white?

Beautiful color

Phil C
04-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Good stuff Phil, & for a $1 it's worth a shot. Thanks!

Thank you too g$$. They aren't classic movies but they are good when you have a couple of hours spare time with nothing else to do and like you said they are pretty good movies and for $1 you are getting cheap entertainment that can be rewatched in the future if you wish.