PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Mavs have clinched the NBA's best record...

kaorder1999
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
what does Avery do? Does he just reduce minutes? Sit them and give Barea and company some time or what?

Adidas410s
04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
He was reported as saying last night that if Dirk and Stackhouse even show up at the airport to fly to Minnesota that he'll fine them. You'll see a few of the regulars on the bench every night from here on out....

kaorder1999
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
its a double edged sword. The rest is nice. But it can also be a factor when they arent playing and the momentum is broken .

pirate4state
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I thought you were gonna ask how long it would take them to choke? :devil:

j/k - i don't care either way - i'm not a basketball fan

kaorder1999
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
having the best record at the end of the regular season isnt always a good thing. I dont think the majority of them have gone on to win a championship.

Emerson1
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Damp isn't playing tonight. Howard will probably get very little minutes, hopefully Kevin Willis can log 15-20 minutes or more against Kevin Garnett.

I feel bad for the people who paid outrageous prices for the Mavs/Suns game.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_beno_udrih.jpg

V.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_jose_barea.jpg

April 15th, IT'S ON!

Phil C
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I thought you were gonna ask how long it would take them to choke? :devil:

j/k - i don't care either way - i'm not a basketball fan

P4S I like basketball and softball. I also like the Tour de France.

Adidas410s
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Damp isn't playing tonight. Howard will probably get very little minutes, hopefully Kevin Willis can log 15-20 minutes or more against Kevin Garnett.

I feel bad for the people who paid outrageous prices for the Mavs/Suns game.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_beno_udrih.jpg

V.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_jose_barea.jpg

April 15th, IT'S ON!

This is why I sold my tickets for the Mavs/Spurs game early on. You could still see the Spurs playing their stars though if they're trying to get the #2 seed from the Suns by this Sunday.

BILLYFRED0000
04-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
This is why I sold my tickets for the Mavs/Spurs game early on. You could still see the Spurs playing their stars though if they're trying to get the #2 seed from the Suns by this Sunday.

I think you reduce minutes. He already knows what their seeding is now and he knows what works with his players. He has a deep bench but the truth is that you lean more on your star players in the playoffs because there are no back to backs. He wants his stars rested. The rust will come off quickly and I would take the mavs second string against the number 8 seed this year.

SintonFan
04-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what does Avery do? Does he just reduce minutes? Sit them and give Barea and company some time or what?
I'd play them starters sparingly and develop some depth even better than they do now have it.
Bigger question is:
Do yall play GS in the opening round?
If yes, then the Mavs win the title if they win the series.
If not(don't play GS), who knows...:thinking:

3afan
04-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Dirk, Stack & Damp are not making the triip to Minnesota for tonights game ..........

Adidas410s
04-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'd play them starters sparingly and develop some depth even better than they do now have it.
Bigger question is:
Do yall play GS in the opening round?
If yes, then the Mavs win the title if they win the series.
If not(don't play GS), who knows...:thinking:

If they play the Warriors (as is currently projected) then I would expect to see the starters play a few more minutes when they go to Golden State next week. As for the Spurs game this Sunday...the Mavs have nothing to gain. If they play their guys and win...they were supposed to. Play them and lose...then it becomes something to talk about during the playoffs.

Maroon87
04-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Spurs need to win out to have a chance to catch Phoenix. The Mavs are just trying not to get anyone hurt.