PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M switching to Adidas gear from Nike (old news to some)...

g$$
04-10-2007, 01:54 AM
From AD Bill Byrne about 1 month ago: fyi

At the end of business Tuesday, Nike advised us that they will not match the bid offered by adidas to become our apparel provider. We have to go through the remaining details required by the State of Texas before that contract can be officially awarded, including approval by our Board of Regents at their March session. Once that is approved, I will provide all the details of the contract to you.

(I have read only the track teams will continue to wear Nike gear by choice next year. All other teams will be wearing Adidas per the new contract. I am mixed on this until I see the new stuff. Nike IMO has more national appeal, but guess we will have to wait & see.)

Old Tiger
04-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Will they Ag's sport a new look in football?

g$$
04-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Will they Ag's sport a new look in football?

Honestly don't know, but I would expect Adidas to put their mark on it rather than just status quo. Probably subtle changes in lettering, piping, etc. I liked Nike stuff personally, esp. the basketball unis this past year. Maybe BBDE knows more...

When I worked there, we had to wear Nike even in Cain Dining Hall. Billy Pickard threw a fit if he saw you in anything else & made you change! Bill Byrne has a prior relationship with Adidas from Nebraska days.

Old Tiger
04-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Well....

Boobie Miles: God made black beautiful. God made Boobie beautiful. And when I knock someone out, I'm gonna knock 'em out in nikes and I'm gonna smile while I do it.
lol a bit of humor about Adidas and Nike

g$$
04-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Well....

lol a bit of humor about Adidas and Nike

That's pretty good. Had forgotten that quote from FNL.

HM33
04-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, my neighbor was the big nike seller to A&M, and we actually talked about this in like Feb. Adidas made one hell of a deal with A&M. They are giving them like 25% more than what Nike was going to. Its an amazing amount that Adidas is giving them. And I am pretty sure the Ags will have a similar look. Nothing really changes. Just everything is Adidas now.

g$$
04-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Well, my neighbor was the big nike seller to A&M, and we actually talked about this in like Feb. Adidas made one hell of a deal with A&M. They are giving them like 25% more than what Nike was going to. Its an amazing amount that Adidas is giving them. And I am pretty sure the Ags will have a similar look. Nothing really changes. Just everything is Adidas now.

That is why I said "old news to some". Thanks for the info. anyway.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure about what changes are going to be made to the uniforms, if any. I have heard a few rumors that we might be wearing a black jersey for at least one game, sort of like Notre Dame does with their green jersies, but that's just a rumor, I can't confirm it to be true. We have seen the new shoes that we're getting, and I think they will be good. I don't particularly like Nike shoes simply because I wear a size 10 1/2, which is small for my size, but I have wide feet comparable to a person who wears a size 12 or 13 shoe, and Nike's are a squeeze on my toes and not very comfortable. I've had much better luck with Adidas shoes anyways, so I'm kind of looking forward to the change in the whole shoe aspect of it.

CHS_CG
04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't particularly like Nike shoes simply because I wear a size 10 1/2, which is small for my size, but I have wide feet comparable to a person who wears a size 12 or 13 shoe, and Nike's are a squeeze on my toes and not very comfortable. I've had much better luck with Adidas shoes anyways, so I'm kind of looking forward to the change in the whole shoe aspect of it.

Nike shoes are way to narrow on my feet also. The most comfy ones I have found in terms of tennis shoes are New Balance.