PDA

View Full Version : Dwade returns

Emerson1
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
2/7 shooting, 4/8 freethrows including one to send it into OT. 6 turnovers late in OT

Keith7
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
it'll prolly take him alittle time to be 100%, just wait until the playoffs that is where he comes to life

Emerson1
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
He has to hope he doesn't re-injure himself. If he is smart he won't flop very much or forearm guys in the chest.

Keith7
04-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He has to hope he doesn't re-injure himself. If he is smart he won't flop very much or forearm guys in the chest.

ya but that is wade's game and though people hate it, esp. Maverick fans who are upset about blowing the finals last year, it is affective..

Didn't he have his arm fully extended when he dislocated his shoulder?

Emerson1
04-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ya but that is wade's game and though people hate it, esp. Maverick fans who are upset about blowing the finals last year, it is affective..

Didn't he have his arm fully extended when he dislocated his shoulder?
Does your forearm disappear when you extend your arm? I guess it was more of a clothesline though.

Keith7
04-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Does your forearm disappear when you extend your arm? I guess it was more of a clothesline though.

you must be one of those upset maverick fans.. but after looking at pictures of the incident i'm still not sure what you are talking about :confused:

maybe another incident?

http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0221/nba_ap_wade_195.jpg

Emerson1
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
you must be one of those upset maverick fans.. but after looking at pictures of the incident i'm still not sure what you are talking about :confused:

maybe another incident?

http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0221/nba_ap_wade_195.jpg

Still should of been a foul either way. He knew the refs won't call anything on him, if he knew the refs would call fouls on him, he never would of tried to clothesline him.

JR2004
04-08-2007, 08:38 PM
You know for awhile I was really impressed with Wade and his ability to play through injuries, but to be honest I've grown tired of the guy. First he's cashing in on the injuries with those commercials about "Fall down 7 times, get up 8"...That was lame enough...

What finally got me was the final injury where the guy is crying like a 5 year old and has to be taken off the court in a wheelchair. At some point it just got out of hand and that wheelchair deal (why did he need a wheelchair when he could've walked off that court?) was the last straw with me on hoping to see him ever do anything good. I could understand if he had hurt his leg and couldn't walk, but neither leg was hurt. He needs to drop this woe is me stuff and stop this victim act he's got going on.

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2007, 08:52 PM

maybe another incident?

http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0221/nba_ap_wade_195.jpg Who's the dude on the left that looks like he's about to cry?

JR2004
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Who's the dude on the left that looks like he's about to cry?

Shane Battier. He's a former Blue Devil...Crying is what they excel at!

Big Papa
04-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

What finally got me was the final injury where the guy is crying like a 5 year old and has to be taken off the court in a wheelchair. At some point it just got out of hand and that wheelchair deal (why did he need a wheelchair when he could've walked off that court?) was the last straw with me on hoping to see him ever do anything good. I could understand if he had hurt his leg and couldn't walk, but neither leg was hurt. He needs to drop this woe is me stuff and stop this victim act he's got going on.

oh i guess you mean anything good like winning a NBA championship and i think finals MVP?????:thinking:

JR2004
04-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
oh i guess you mean anything good like winning a NBA championship and i think finals MVP?????:thinking:

Oh I guess you must mean how the referees were calling fouls when people would get in his vicinity last year during the Finals against Dallas? If ever there was a championship and Finals MVP that was tainted more than the asterisk title from a few years back, this was it. Wade's victim act is tiresome and old.

And no I'm not a Mavericks fan.

bandera7
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
please tell me that you arent referring to the Spurs title?

big daddy russ
04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
please tell me that you arent referring to the Spurs title?
I think they're talking about the Heat title last year.

Anyone else think D-Wade's overrated? I've been saying it since last year, but I don't think anyone else wants to listen. IMO, he's going to have to develop his mid- to long-range jumper to be a truly elite player. I've always thought that Shaq, even as much as he's declined, is largely responsible for a lot of Miami's success.

I think Wade's very good, but don't think he's great. I'd rather have T-Mac or Jason Richardson (one of the most underrated players in the league) than Wade.

Old Tiger
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
What finally got me was the final injury where the guy is crying like a 5 year old and has to be taken off the court in a wheelchair. At some point it just got out of hand and that wheelchair deal (why did he need a wheelchair when he could've walked off that court?) was the last straw with me on hoping to see him ever do anything good. I could understand if he had hurt his leg and couldn't walk, but neither leg was hurt. He needs to drop this woe is me stuff and stop this victim act he's got going on. lol...i think the same thing!

Emerson1
04-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Anyone else think D-Wade's overrated? I've been saying it since last year, but I don't think anyone else wants to listen. IMO, he's going to have to develop his mid- to long-range jumper to be a truly elite player. I've always thought that Shaq, even as much as he's declined, is largely responsible for a lot of Miami's success.

I think Wade's very good, but don't think he's great. I'd rather have T-Mac or Jason Richardson (one of the most underrated players in the league) than Wade.
Dallas rolls if the heat don't have shaq, after a few hard hits players on any team realize hit presence and won't drive the lane anymore.

Phil C
04-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I think sometimes Wade pretends like he is injured. Wolf wolf!

:D

Keith7
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I wouldn't call 28 points and 8 assists per game plus NBA finals MVP overrated.. sure he doesn't have a great long range shot, but he is the best in the league at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the basket..

big daddy russ
04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't call 28 points and 8 assists per game plus NBA finals MVP overrated.. sure he doesn't have a great long range shot, but he is the best in the league at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the basket..
Not saying he's not good, just saying that he's not one of the five best players in the league, like many other people have (seemingly) come to believe. I'd give him a spot in the top 20 and think he's great at getting to the rim and creating his own shot. At the same time, Ron Mercer used to score aabout 20 a game. Didn't make him a great player, just the best offensive player on a horrible team.