PDA

View Full Version : Thou Shalt Not Steal!!!

Adidas410s
04-08-2007, 08:26 AM
My car was broken into while at dinner last night and I had various items stolen including my iPod and accessories, golf shoes, and a few other misc items. I wonder why my alarm didn't go off. Do car alarms go off when a window is busted in??? :thinking:

Regardless, the things can be replaced and nobody was hurt so that is the upside in the matter. Gotta try and do something to keep things in perspective. Please remember to be safe...it's a jungle out there!!! ;)

Happy Easter all and remember the reason for the day!!! :)

ILS1
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
What kinda alarm do you have? If you have a factory alarm most of these alarms are Theft Deterrent. Which usually means that it has a light showing that you have an alarm and it protects the items INSTALLED by the factory. Now, mind you it took me awhile to figure this out basically by trial and error. I was wondering why my alarm didn't go off when my nephew accidentally threw a basketball VERY HARD against the back window. I went to the manual and read up on it. It would ONLY would go off if I had the windows rolled down and the doors locked. Then someone reached in and stuck their hand inside the vehicle and manually unlocked the door and then opened the door. That was the ONLY TIME my alarm would go off. That was on a 2005 Chevy Silverado I used to own. Never tried it on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. If was just a factory alarm I HIGHLY recommend you get an after market alarm.

:( :(

mustang59
04-08-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm really sorry that happened to you, but you've got the right perspective in that the things in our life can be replaced. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Think about it this way, what goes around comes around and the person who did this just earned themselves some really bad karma.
Losing your iPod really sucks.

piratebg
04-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I had my car broken into about 2 years ago. Luckily all they took were my CDs because I only keep junk in my work car.

Adidas410s
04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
ttt for Phil :(

kaorder1999
04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Sue the car manufacturer or the alarm manufacturer!!!!

AP Panther Fan
04-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by mustang59

Losing your iPod really sucks.

So does losing your favorite pair of golf shoes. :dispntd:

Sorry this happened to you, but I guess they could have stolen the car too!:mad:

burnet44
04-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Golds here in Waco has had a lot of car break-in in their parking lot.
My truck has nothing in it.
They have done it in broad daylight and on Sundays
no punishment=a lot of crime

police departments are so busy and overloaded
that crimes like this go unpunished

and the criminals know that

kaorder1999
04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
which is leading to the rising costs of auto insurance!!!

Phil C
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I am sorry about your loss Ad. :(