PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

pantherpop
04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Now that David Carr is officially gone and playing with Carolina next year, what are your thoughts about his future in the NFL. Don't judge him by his Texans career only.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I think the Texans were at fault for placing the blame on him. One player can only do so much when an offensive line sucks that bad. Instead of correcting the source of the problem, they went elsewhere. I think Carr will have a successful career.

pantherpop
04-06-2007, 11:26 PM
OK, OK, OK, I'll start it off. Even though I was the happiest person in the world to see him go I really think he will be a better than average QB. I'm still bitter about not getting Vince Young and for some reason I still hold that against David Carr.

burnet44
04-07-2007, 02:01 AM
figure this

the texans could have

Bush
Young
Lineart

they have Schaub

who is better than the above?

when u draft a DE
you better keep your qb
not dump him the next year

the ship has no captian
sailing in circles

keep carr or
draft a qb

dont trade for one
after you keep carr

who is running the store?

g$$
04-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
figure this

the texans could have

Bush
Young
Lineart

they have Schaub

when u draft a DE
you better keep your qb

the ship has no captian
sailing in circles

keep carr or
draft a qb

dont trade for one
after you keep carr

Jay Cutler just may end up better than all of the above, as I have posted previously on here. No doubt the Texans have had lots of troubles on the field & in management. Give Kubiak (2nd year) a chance to work with new GM Rick Smith & then draw conclusions. The jury is out on Schaub, but NFL people like his upside & smarts.

On Carr, he has ability but IMO lacks leadership & the intangibles to be a top-shelf qb in the NFL. True, they never surrounded him with talent (esp. O-line), but he created some of his own problems too. He was not respected as the "man" on that team if you have heard some players' comments since he was released. They did not believe in him. I think he is destined to be a back-up & journeyman qb for his entire career.

piratebg
04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
He's better off with another team that can protect him and allow him to show his true potential. He never really had a line worth a damn that could give him time on a consistent basis. I don't know what' been going on in Houston, but the o-line is and has always been a problem over there. It doesn't matter if they have Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or heck Barry Sanders, if they don't have fair to good line then they don't have an offense.

smustangs
04-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
figure this

the texans could have

Bush
Young
Lineart

they have Schaub

when u draft a DE
you better keep your qb

the ship has no captian
sailing in circles

keep carr or
draft a qb

dont trade for one
after you keep carr

the funnies thing about it all is there 2nd round lb won rookie of the year and not the guy they passed up all three of those to get

someone said when they passed on bush and young it was like they were holding the winning hands to a million dollar hand of poker and said "Oh, lets give it to the Saints and Titans they're nice people."

carter08
04-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Bush wouldn't have fit into the zone blocking scheme

smustangs
04-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by carter08

i think i could have found a way to make it work if i was kubiak for a player like bush

Macarthur
04-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Is this a joke?

crzyjournalist03
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Is this a joke?

I see where he's coming from...the Texans have NO blocking...nobody really fits in their scheme...

carter08
04-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I see where he's coming from...the Texans have NO blocking...nobody really fits in their scheme...

Bush is too small to work with the zone blocking scheme.
It's all about running between the tackles
Bush would get broken

crzyjournalist03
04-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Bush is too small to work with the zone blocking scheme.
It's all about running between the tackles
Bush would get broken

Have fun with Ahman Green....:rolleyes:

carter08
04-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Have fun with Ahman Green....:rolleyes:

I want Lundy and Taylor to share the main role. Green is an ok back, but I don't see him doing good

Who-dun-it!!?
04-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Vince Young would have fit perfectly.

bulldogman06
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I want Lundy and Taylor to share the main role. Green is an ok back, but I don't see him doing good

Green was an excellent back, lundy and taylor are half of what he was. i know, the key word there is WAS. and zone blocking doesnt mean you need a back with size, you need one with vision, to see the cutback lane and explode through it.

Old Tiger
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
My take on David Carr is that mentally he wasn't in the game. His o-line improved since his first two years. He made late decisions and caused the sack himself by sitting there too long instead of being decisive. He was smart to go to Carolina because Delhomme has his ups and downs and Seattle is a lock with Hassleback there. So if Delhomme starts screwing up the fans could rally around car and he could possibly obtain the starting position there once he gets used to the new offense. I think Matt Shaub will be awesome. I thought after this year Vick would be gone out of Atlanta and Shaub would be the starter in that new offense.

That's just my two sense on David Carr.

g$$
04-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Green was an excellent back, lundy and taylor are half of what he was. i know, the key word there is WAS. and zone blocking doesnt mean you need a back with size, you need one with vision, to see the cutback lane and explode through it.

Excellent post. Zone blocking (or track blocking) has everything to do with vision & cutting back. It is one cut & get downhill. Lundy & Taylor are nothing more than roster guys. Green can still help but I don't expect him to be an All Pro.

Texans will be better. Let's give Kubiak & Smith a chance to clean up the mess by Casserly & others.

g$$
04-10-2007, 03:41 AM
ttt