PDA

View Full Version : Great Coaches graduating from HS athletics

Old Cardinal
08-02-2003, 07:39 PM
I see where Hamshire-Fannetts' excellent, productive Baseball Coach, is now returning to the Television media newsroom. Knowing Jeff Barker, I am sure he will stay active coaching an area Select baseball team. His coaching activities cause a lot of folks to rely on his area and sports new reports....Hamshire-Fannett will not miss a step; however, 26 year old Chad Landry, as the Head Coach replacement, will keep that team as a Postseason threat. In fact, Landry has top past credentials as a College star and also as a young Coach. He may be the most sought after HS baseball Coach in Texas, in just a few years....There is a new trend started: Coach Sam Moore, who led Bridge City to 3 straight District Championships in baseball, has resigned and is now the Physical Fitness Director for a local Orange County growing Corporation. Part of Sam's duties is to coach a highly Select Travel team of the best HS, Orange County and surrounding area boys in year round Select team baseball! I think this trend will continue to grow as only the best cream-of-the-crop HS Coaches in Texas will gravitate to various Corporations that will sponser Select team baseball and maybe softball....What are your thoughts on this new trend?

<small>[ August 02, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

VWG
08-02-2003, 08:45 PM
I would have to say that coaches would probably rather stay with high school ball. Better facilities, and it's a full time gig. Select ball, at least in my experience, is just a part-time job. I do know of some good select programs in the North Texas/Metroplex area but these guys are full time select coaches with other jobs.