PDA

View Full Version : Movie Releases 2007

maroonpirate04
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
It's Good Friday which offically begins the Easter Holiday. And here's some great films opening this weekend to get through the holiday.

Are We Done Yet?- Here comes the follow-up to Revolution Studio's hilarious 2005 family comedy Are Were There Yet? and picks up where the last story left off. Now married to Suzanne and Nick Persons have brought a quiet suburban house to escape the rat race of the big city and to provide more space for his new wife and kids.

Firehouse Dog- Rex's luck- and Hollywood high life- runs out while shooting a commercial; an aerial stunt goes awry, leading Rex's handlers to presume he's dead. But Rex is merely lost- alone, fithy and unrecognizable in an unfamiliar city. Chased by animal control, he takes refuge in grubby abandoned lofts, a far cry from his former luxurious lifestyle.

Grindhouse- Will be presented as one full-length feature comprised of two individual films helmed separately by each director. Tarantino's film, "Death Proof" is a rip-roaring slasher flick where the killer persues his victims with a car rather than a knife, while Rodriguez's film explores an alien world eerily familiar to ours in "Planet Terror".

The Reaping-And finally the orignal 2006 release date was canceled due to the unsuspected turn caused by Hurricane Katrina which in fact forced production to shut down and almost didn't finish the film. Hilary Swank stars as a former Christian missionary, who lost her faith after her family was tragically killed, has since become a renowned expert in disproving religious phenomena. But, when she investigates a small Louisiana town that is suffering from what appear to be the Biblical plagues, she realizes that science cannot explain what is happening, and she must regain her faith to combat the dark forces threatening the community.

piratebg
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Grindhouse and The Reaping are the only ones that catch my attention. How can you go wrong with a movie made by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino?

maroonpirate04
04-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Can't wait to go watch" The Reaping" been waiting for this film to be released. :clap: :clap: Glad they finished the film after all. Even though it costed them alot for production shut down.

big daddy russ
04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I want to see "The Reaping" pretty bad, but I've always hated Tarantino movies. They're always cheesy and rarely get to the point.

Let me be the first to say it: Pulp Fiction was a horrible movie. So was Sin City. I don't know if most guys are just scared to admit it because these movies are gory and are supposed to be guy movies or what the deal is, but Tarantino's horrible. The only movie of his I can stomach is "From Dusk 'Til Dawn."

piratebg
04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I want to see "The Reaping" pretty bad, but I've always hated Tarantino movies. They're always cheesy and rarely get to the point.

Let me be the first to say it: Pulp Fiction was a horrible movie. So was Sin City. I don't know if most guys are just scared to admit it because these movies are gory and are supposed to be guy movies or what the deal is, but Tarantino's horrible. The only movie of his I can stomach is "From Dusk 'Til Dawn."

Well, he wrote From Dusk Til Dawn, but the movie was directed by Robert Rodriguez. Pulp Fiction was good, but Kill Bill I&II and Sin City were just awesome. And I also enjoyed that one CSI episode he directed.

big daddy russ
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, he wrote From Dusk Til Dawn, but the movie was directed by Robert Rodriguez. Pulp Fiction was good, but Kill Bill I&II and Sin City were just awesome. And I also enjoyed that one CSI episode he directed.
I've never been able to stand anything he's been a part of... directing, producing, or writing.

For example, Sin City was the biggest waste of $7 I ever spent, IMO. Even though I guessed right on how it all tied together (I had to look it up on the 'net), it still tied together loosely. I actually heard guys leaving the theater talking about how great of a movie it was, then asking their friends what the hell happened. Hell, I actually knew what happened and still thought it sucked. It dragged too much, and was entirely too cheesy.

Now go watch Frank Miller's new movie, "300." Sure, there's some cheese in there, and it was filmed/designed pretty much the same way as "Sin City," but it was a hundred times better. It actually had a storyline instead of several separate tripped-out stories that don't necessarily tie together or even really end, but lead into "Sin City 2."

Sorry man, but I don't see how anyone who didn't like "Pirates of the Carribbean 2" could like "Sin City." They're both 2-and-a-half-hour-long trailers for another movie.

Then again, that's just my opinion, and I also (usually) hate movies that run more than two hours long.