PDA

View Full Version : And the Bad Mouthing of Billy G begins

Txbroadcaster
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
From DMN College Blog

More on Gillispie ...
Talked to some folks with A&M's 12th Man Foundation this week who say administrators had grown tired of Billy Gillispie's totally transparent wanderlust - starting with Gillispie's decision to wear a Kentucky blue tie for the Aggies' victory over Louisville in Lexington in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Gillispie's sometimes prickly personality will be an interesting study at Kentucky. He couldn't take being second-guessed for things like failing to play more zone defense against Memphis in the NCAA Tournament, when the Tigers were destroying A&M with dribble penetration.

One thing is sure, Gillispie seems to get the most out of his players and that may be the greatest compliment for any coach. He's got his dream job. Maybe he'll do for Kentucky what Bob Stoops has done for Oklahoma football. With Gillispie, you should never underestimate him.

==========================================

This goes for ALL schools..Funny how the guy no one wants to leave SUDDENLY had become tiresome AFTER he leaves

BuffyMars
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Funny how the guy no one wants to leave SUDDENLY had become tiresome AFTER he leaves

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes:

smustangs
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
every school does it and will continue to, i agree though txb its sad that they like him when hes there but as soon as he leaves its katy bar the door on him

big daddy russ
This is the first time I've heard anyone talk bad about Gillispie, and I hope the rest of the Aggie nation doesn't fall into the fold. He was great while he was here and elevated A&M to an elite team. They should appreciate that and realize that with the team and monetary resources they have, they'll now be able to go after another great coach.

Old Tiger
billy g sucks he's the worst coach ever! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p