PDA

View Full Version : Psych evaluation ordered for Supernaw

Reds fan
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Psych evaluation ordered for SupernawWed Apr 4, 8:46 AM ET

BRYAN, Texas - Troubled country singer Doug Supernaw was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation after he told a judge he was the subject of a police conspiracy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Supernaw is best known for his 1993 hits "Reno" and "I Don't Call Him Daddy," but has been beset by legal problems in recent years, mostly related to drug and alcohol offenses.

He was in court Tuesday for trial on a misdemeanor charge of evading arrest. The charge stemmed from a 2004 confrontation with a police officer. Supernaw could face up to six months in jail if convicted.

In a pretrial hearing, Supernaw, 46, listed off police agencies that he said had beaten him to ruin his recording career and his chances at a baseball career.

"It has been a political economic conspiracy, and I have proved it time and time and time again," he told Brazos County Court Judge Jim Locke. Supernaw said the abuse started when he was "held hostage in Paris" in a "mentally retarded home for terrorists" for two weeks in 2002.

Locke sent the jury pool home after the statements from Supernaw, who also claimed that he was a "test monkey" to see if someone could smoke marijuana and play baseball at the same time.

Supernaw was arrested in November on a marijuana possession charge in Humble. In 2005, he was sentenced to 115 days in jail and a $300 fine for marijuana possession in Amarillo when he was in town for a minor league baseball game.

This guy used to live in Bellville

:eek: :eek:

Bull's-eye
04-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Was he a good baseball player?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Doug Supernaw, was in the stands tonight for the Bellville vs Smithville Baseball game.

Reds fan
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

No clue about his baseball abilty but he sounds like a first class nut.

Bull's-eye
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Doug Supernaw, was in the stands tonight for the Bellville vs Smithville Baseball game.

Was he singing 21-17?

Reds fan
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM

Guess the jury is still out on Doug:D

How'd the baseball and softball go tonight?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan

Locke sent the jury pool home after the statements from Supernaw, who also claimed that he was a "test monkey" to see if someone could smoke marijuana and play baseball at the same time.

Now thats funny!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

Only in his mind.:D

g$$
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Only in his mind.:D

Seriously, could he play at all once upon a time for you Bellville people? Was he a decent guy? Must have just lost it along the way.

Reds fan
04-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Seriously, could he play at all once upon a time for you Bellville people? Was he a decent guy? Must have just lost it along the way.

Don't know anything about his baseball or if he played ball in Bellville or grew up there for that matter. What is a shame is he has great musical talent but he has thrown it all away for drugs and booze.:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Must have just lost it along the way.

That would make sense. He was Married to a former Miss Oklahoma, very good looking woman, seems to have lost it after she left.

g$$
04-06-2007, 12:57 AM
That would make sense. He was Married to a former Miss Oklahoma, very good looking woman, seems to have lost it after she left.

Sad deal, maybe he can get some help now before he's dead on the street somewhere. Sounds delusional from the quotes.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
What is a shame is he has great musical talent but he has thrown it all away for drugs and booze.:(

He had a great voice, shame he is not playing anymore. maybe he will have a comeback!!!

Maroon87
04-06-2007, 08:38 AM
The father of one of my HS classmates plays (used to play?) keyboards for Supernaw and was one of the 2 dozen or so co-writers of "Reno." Also, a former co-worker of mine used to work for his road crew when he was "big." It's a sad story...I still listen to his CDs every so often.:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The father of one of my HS classmates plays (used to play?) keyboards for Supernaw :(

Saw him a few years back at the Austin Co Fair playing keys for someone else. Is he still with the same group?

pirate4state
04-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Now thats funny!!!!!!! I thought so too. :D

JJ7997
04-07-2007, 02:22 AM
Dang that is a shame. I liked his music way back when, and still listen to it now. I never knew what had become of the guy.

WOSgrad
04-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is a Houston Press article that I saw a couple of months ago that chronicles Supernaw's troubles:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-02-08/music/fadin-renegade/

Maroon87
04-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Here is a Houston Press article that I saw a couple of months ago that chronicles Supernaw's troubles:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-02-08/music/fadin-renegade/

Man...I got tired just reading all of that. :eek:

I never heard about that incident with the Aviators. That's crazy..

Maroon87
04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Saw him a few years back at the Austin Co Fair playing keys for someone else. Is he still with the same group?

Not sure. I didn't keep up with him after Supernaw's career faded.

BuffyMars
04-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I have never even heard of this guy. :nerd: