PDA

View Full Version : Spurs take out Suns in playoffs

kepdawg
04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
And it comes down to Mavs and Spurs in the Western Conference Championship.

It should be fun!

Macarthur
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
I believe that's true. Barkley says it right.

When the playoffs roll around it's about defense and rebouding. NBA history has shown that if you can't do those two things you will not win deep in the playoffs.

It just amazes me that the national media continues to get on their knees for Phoenix (except for Barkley) every year.

Adidas410s
04-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Why is it that the Mavs don't slow down Phoenix on offense like the Spurs do? Is it maybe that Avery is trying to "not show his cards" in the regular season and then throw some new defensive looks at them in the playoffs? I would think he would test these things out now against the Suns when the games don't count.

Phil C
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
BEWARE OF STEVE NASH AND THE SUNS!

Macarthur
04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why is it that the Mavs don't slow down Phoenix on offense like the Spurs do? Is it maybe that Avery is trying to "not show his cards" in the regular season and then throw some new defensive looks at them in the playoffs? I would think he would test these things out now against the Suns when the games don't count.

Well, I'm not an NBA genius, but I do know it has to do with matchups. The Spurs just match up better with the Suns than Dallas does.

First, the Spurs play the best defense in the league. Period. Duncan is so good at helping on defense and Pop is a great coach. Where do you think Avery learned? Pop really knows how to coach help on defense. If you noticed last night, the Spurs really push out thier defense because they trust that every guy is going to hold their end of the help defense. Dallas isn't quite to that level yet.

As for the Suns, they are fun to watch, but they play no defense and are a horrible rebounding team. I think there is no excuse for them to not be better in those two areas. They are more than athletic enough. I can't stand Mike Dantoni. I think he is a whiney bitch and I don't think he's a good coach. One other thing that works against them is that they only have 7 guys. Nash will invariably wear down the deeper things get. They are just not built for the playoffs.