CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Have you heard about this???

Homicide On Northgate
Posted: 7:51 AM Apr 5, 2007
Last Updated: 11:29 AM Apr 5, 2007
Reporter: Ashley Lacewell
Email Address: news@kbtx.com

The College Station Police Department is presently investigating a homicide that occurred in the 100 block of College Main.

College Main from University Dr. to Church Ave., as well as Lodge St. from University Dr. to Church Ave., are closed while police investigate the crime scene.

Pedestrians are being directed to use the protected cross walk at Nagle St. in order to cross University onto the Texas A&M campus.

Stay tuned to News 3 and KBTX.com for more information on this story as it develops.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
No, this is a first. I'm assuming that it occured last night, because when I was walking back from lab there were a bunch of police cars with their lights on. I have no clue though.

CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
No, this is a first. I'm assuming that it occured last night, because when I was walking back from lab there were a bunch of police cars with their lights on. I have no clue though.

I went to go check the weather and BAM there the story was.

I just asked one of the guys I work with about it and he said it was a stabbing over there by where the groove and stuff is.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I went to go check the weather and BAM there the story was.

I just asked one of the guys I work with about it and he said it was a stabbing over there by where the groove and stuff is.

Well, that's where all the lights were. Hmm.

lepfan
04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Wow!!! This sort of this gives CS a bad rep. I am sure the media (and others) will take this and run with it :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Wow!!! This sort of this gives CS a bad rep. I am sure the media (and others) will take this and run with it :(

Yeah, one killing every how many months around here?

lepfan
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
College Station police on Thursday morning were investigating a stabbing death that happened in the early morning hours at Northgate, a popular strip of bars across from the Texas A&M campus.

Officers swarmed the scene after the incident was reported, roping off parts of College Main and Lodge Streets with yellow crime scene tape.

College Station police Lt. Mark Langwell would not release any information about what he described as a homicide investigation, saying he planned to send out a formal press release.

College Main and Lodge Street remain closed late Thursday morning from University Drive to Church Avenue. A part of Tauber Street was closed earlier Thursday but has since been re-opened.

Pedestrians headed to the A&M campus were being directed to the Nagle Street crosswalk.

CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
College Station police on Thursday morning were investigating a stabbing death that happened in the early morning hours at Northgate, a popular strip of bars across from the Texas A&M campus.

Officers swarmed the scene after the incident was reported, roping off parts of College Main and Lodge Streets with yellow crime scene tape.

College Station police Lt. Mark Langwell would not release any information about what he described as a homicide investigation, saying he planned to send out a formal press release.

College Main and Lodge Street remain closed late Thursday morning from University Drive to Church Avenue. A part of Tauber Street was closed earlier Thursday but has since been re-opened.

Pedestrians headed to the A&M campus were being directed to the Nagle Street crosswalk.

THAT IS CRAZY... WONDER WHAT IT WAS ABOUT.

lepfan
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
THAT IS CRAZY... WONDER WHAT IT WAS ABOUT. Well, obviously someone got pissed off. ;)

CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, obviously someone got pissed off. ;)

i get pissed off all the time.. i dont stab anybody!

DU_stud04
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
i get pissed off all the time.. i dont stab anybody! ....(that we dont hear about)

CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
....(that we dont hear about)

shut up... trust me enough people on this board know me.. yall woulda found out some how!

SintonFan
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM

What's funny about this is this was a crime of passion. Word is that an jealous ex-boyfriend stabbed his ex to death when he saw her with a new "friend".
I didn't know it was a crime to kill sheep, though.:confused:

lepfan
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Jonathan Bailey, a sophomore guard at Rice University, was stabbed to death this morning after a confrontation at a College Station bar. Bailey turned 22 on Wednesday.

Bailey, a transfer from Texas State and Beaumont West Brook graduate, and his twin brother, Janson, were found by College Station police at about 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of Lodge Street. The Bailey brothers, both of whom suffered multiple stab wounds, were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital by College Station Fire Department personnel.

Jonathan Bailey was later pronounced dead; Janson is undergoing treatment.

According to a preliminary investigation, the Bailey brothers had been involved in an altercation with other people inside the V-Bar at 110 College Main. Those involved were asked to leave the premises, but a fight erupted outside and continued down Patricia Street. and concluded on Lodge.

The suspects fled on foot eastbound towards Nagle Street. Two suspects were located about nine hours later and are speaking with detectives.

CHS_CG
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Jonathan Bailey, a sophomore guard at Rice University, was stabbed to death this morning after a confrontation at a College Station bar. Bailey turned 22 on Wednesday.

Bailey, a transfer from Texas State and Beaumont West Brook graduate, and his twin brother, Janson, were found by College Station police at about 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of Lodge Street. The Bailey brothers, both of whom suffered multiple stab wounds, were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital by College Station Fire Department personnel.

Jonathan Bailey was later pronounced dead; Janson is undergoing treatment.

According to a preliminary investigation, the Bailey brothers had been involved in an altercation with other people inside the V-Bar at 110 College Main. Those involved were asked to leave the premises, but a fight erupted outside and continued down Patricia Street. and concluded on Lodge.

The suspects fled on foot eastbound towards Nagle Street. Two suspects were located about nine hours later and are speaking with detectives.

I feel for the family.. Seriously.. to get drunk enough you fight in a bar then stab somebody... you are a lonely no good POS.

g$$
04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
What's funny about this is this was a crime of passion. Word is that an jealous ex-boyfriend stabbed his ex to death when he saw her with a new "friend".
I didn't know it was a crime to kill sheep, though.:confused:

Look buddy, someone is dead here & you are making childish, immature college jokes. Not the time or place. Show some maturity & let the police do their jobs. My goodness...I bet you attended neither school anyway.

(btw, a man is dead, not a girlfriend)

lepfan
04-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
My goodness...I bet you attended neither school anyway.

irrelevant:rolleyes:

g$$
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
irrelevant:rolleyes:

Agreed, just like his stupid comment. My point was his lame attempt at humor was just that, LAME & uncalled for at a time when someone is dead. It is usually the people who attended neither A&M nor Texas who make these remarks (sheep, Aggy, Corps, gay, hippie, liberal, etc.).

If someone dies in Austin, I assure you I am not going around making gay jokes or hippie jokes or anything stupid like that. That was my point.

SintonFan
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Look buddy, someone is dead here & you are making childish, immature college jokes. Not the time or place. Show some maturity & let the police do their jobs. My goodness...I bet you attended neither school anyway.

(btw, a man is dead, not a girlfriend)
Look buddy. How is my posting that get in the way of the police doing their job? Did you attend either school? Do you own a PhD in childishness or maturity to make that call? It was ill-timed no doubt and my prayers go out to that family, but don't get on here trying to call me out unless you are related or know the kid.
About UT? I joke about all colleges from time to time so don't let yourself feel too special there... buddy.
And finally, is it more relevant that a man died or an ex-girlfriend?:thinking:

SintonFan
04-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed, just like his stupid comment. My point was his lame attempt at humor was just that, LAME & uncalled for at a time when someone is dead. It is usually the people who attended neither A&M nor Texas who make these remarks (sheep, Aggy, Corps, gay, hippie, liberal, etc.).

If someone dies in Austin, I assure you I am not going around making gay jokes or hippie jokes or anything stupid like that. That was my point.
It looks like you never fail to over-react to many things posted on this board. Reading your past posts, it proves out very consistently. You'd be surprised how powerful a PM is but maybe you never learned how to use that function.
Just how arrogant are you when you post
"It is usually the people who attended neither A&M or Texas who make these remarks..."
They way you posted that leads me to understand that either my education isn't on par or I can't comment on a school because I didn't attend there. Freaking politically correct, isn't it?:eek: :eek:

g$$
04-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Look buddy. How is my posting that get in the way of the police doing their job? Did you attend either school? Do you own a PhD in childishness or maturity to make that call? It was ill-timed no doubt and my prayers go out to that family, but don't get on here trying to call me out unless you are related or know the kid.
About UT? I joke about all colleges from time to time so don't let yourself feel too special there... buddy.
And finally, is it more relevant that a man died or an ex-girlfriend?:thinking:

You new here?

Yes, I am a Texas A&M graduate, 1994, Cum Laude.
Worked in the athletic department (football) there for many years too.
Played college baseball, worked for the Houston Astros as well after college.

Have 4 nieces & nephews (2 athletes) at Texas right now. 2 other sisters are Longhorn grads too. My family has Aggies, Horns, Cougars, Bobcats, & others. And none of us is stupid enough nor childish enough to make assinine comments when a person is dead.

Don't bring that crap at me. You screwed up here, not me. Take your medicine & show some compassion for a senseless death. This is not about schools or loyalty. And no, I did not know the deceased. (you mentioned it was a girl, not me, because the article clearly stated who died).

Any more stupid questions?

g$$
04-06-2007, 01:16 AM
It was ill-timed no doubt and my prayers go out to that family,

That is all you need to say, so drop it. You touched a nerve. I am over it now. Move on.

SintonFan
04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You new here?

Yes, I am a Texas A&M graduate, 1994, Cum Laude.
Worked in the athletic department (football) there for many years too.
Played college baseball, worked for the Houston Astros as well after college.

Have 4 nieces & nephews (2 athletes) at Texas right now. 2 other sisters are Longhorn grads too. My family has Aggies, Horns, Cougars, Bobcats, & others. And none of us is stupid enough nor childish enough to make assinine comments when a person is dead.

Don't bring that crap at me. You screwed up here, not me. Take your medicine & show some compassion for a senseless death. This is not about schools or loyalty. And no, I did not know the deceased. (you mentioned it was a girl, not me, because the article clearly stated who died).

Any more stupid questions?

I see. You must come from such a prominent family that your steroid-addled brain keeps you from seeing that I have been a part of this board for quite awhile. I do spend some time here on occasion and enjoy it. But folks like you obviously feel your opinion is paramount against others.
I don't need to go into my family connections for both or ALL Texas Universities. I've have mentioned that several times my family is diverse and broad from around the state.
OK, you have seen my Apology thread right? And yet you say, "Don't bring that crap on me", just where do you get off with that ARROGANT attitude acting like you own this board? You don't, so don't act like it. I don't either and I know my place here is small. I'm a part of 2000 members here and treat everyone the same... poorly. But when I make a mistake I own up to it.
You go further and say:
You screwed up here, not me. .
Idiot you are, no doubt. Did you see my thread in which I apologized? Compassion is not your strong suit is it? Yet you ask me to show some compassion. You tell me to "take my medicine" but I think maybe you should go ahead and use yours responsibly. It seems it's past time to take your suppository since you are so anal-retentive about your responses here. Again, I apologized for my terrible blunder(sorry BBDE it was meant to draw a response from you and other Aggie fans, very poorly done, in fact done in a horrible fashion in which I'm truly sorry).
But I don't owe you gmoneymoney anything anymore.

SintonFan
04-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That is all you need to say, so drop it. You touched a nerve. I am over it now. Move on.
Always the control freak.

I am over it now.

Move on.
You touched a nerve, too. You are about as immature and arrogant as they come.

g$$
04-06-2007, 02:54 AM

I see. You must come from such a prominent family that your steroid-addled brain keeps you from seeing that I have been a part of this board for quite awhile. I do spend some time here on occasion and enjoy it. But folks like you obviously feel your opinion is paramount against others.
I don't need to go into my family connections for both or ALL Texas Universities. I've have mentioned that several times my families are diverse and broad.
OK, you have seen my Apology thread right? And yet you say, "Don't bring that crap on me", just where do you get off with that ARROGANT attitude acting like you own this board? You don't, so don't act like it. I don't either and I know my place here is small. I'm a part of 2000 members here and treat everyone the same... poorly. But when I make a mistake I own up to it.
You go further and say: .
Idiot you are, no doubt. Did you see my thread in which I apologized? I created a whole thread to do that. Compassion is not your strong suit is it? Yet you ask me to show some. You tell me to "take my medicine" but I think maybe you should go ahead and use yours responsibly. It seems it's past time to take your suppository since you are so anal-retentive about your responses here. Again, I apologized for my terrible blunder(sorry BBDE it was meant to draw a response from you and other Aggie fans, very poorly done).
But I don't owe you gmoneymoney anything anymore.

In response to the drivel above:

Prominent family? Heck no, very middle class from a small town.
Steroids? Work out yes, no 'roids, just sweat & vitamins.
Intelligence? Never been a problem, always trying to learn more.
Know right from wrong? Yes.
Better than others? No, but have a right to my opinions too.
Reason for listing schools/family? You asked me a question & I answered it.
Seen the apology? No I have not, glad you did one though.

Never called you an idiot either...you are the one tossing names out senselessly. I did say you acted immature & in a classless manner with your comments.

I sense insecurity on your part. All I ever said was that you were in the wrong making jokes when someone died in a senseless stabbing in CS. You made a classless joke about "sheep" when a family is in mourning (a Rice Owl, not even an Aggie). This is not about schools or loyalty anyway - a human being died. I found it classless & immature. I had moved on a long time ago & you keep bringing it back by taking shots at me. Giving $$ to the board does not buy you privileges like being classless in a time of death. Get over yourself, calm down, & grow up.

Sending me multiple PMs then blocking me - also classy friend. Seems you did not want to hear rational thoughts coming back at you. I NEVER made any threats whatsoever to you, & have the PMs saved for proof. See ya.

(Your other post just further proved your insecurities. No need to respond & fuel your fire any more.)

CHS_CG
04-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Both of you are being immature and stupid.. get it off my thread.. this is not a thread for you two to sit there and take cheap shots at each other, its was a question to Gary to see if he had heard anything about this. If you two lil girly men wanna keep that up... take it to a PM bc the rest of us dont really want to hear it. This is something that hits close to home with it being just up the road. College Station does not have things like this happen every day or week so its kind of shocking. D ya know we are friends but at a time like this that sheep comment was very very uncalled for.

bobcat1
04-06-2007, 08:14 AM
And I thought Carter was a Drama Queen.

g$$
04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Both of you are being immature and stupid.. get it off my thread.. this is not a thread for you two to sit there and take cheap shots at each other, its was a question to Gary to see if he had heard anything about this. If you two lil girly men wanna keep that up... take it to a PM bc the rest of us dont really want to hear it. This is something that hits close to home with it being just up the road. College Station does not have things like this happen every day or week so its kind of shocking. D ya know we are friends but at a time like this that sheep comment was very very uncalled for.

Hey, you said the same thing as I did in your last sentence. I am an Aggie too so back off me. We are on the same page here. He made his apology & I have moved on. Call him what you please, but to come at me is just off-base. All I did was defend myself from the name calling. "My thread" - public board & free speech too.

DaHop72
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey, you said the same thing as I did in your last sentence. I am an Aggie too so back off me. We are on the same page here. He made his apology & I have moved on. Call him what you please, but to come at me is just off-base. All I did was defend myself from the name calling. "My thread" - public board & free speech too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Pretty much what happened was two twin brothers were celebrating their 21st birthday together, got into an argument and kicked out of the club, and took it outside. Someone pulled out a knife and stabbed one of the twins in the heart, killing him instantly, and stabbed the other brother in the chest, puncturing a lung and putting him in ICU. A total of three people were stabbed from what I was told. Not a good incident no matter where it took place.