Who's going to win it?

Tiger? Phil?

kaorder1999
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Its going to be all Tiger!

Chris Hart
04-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Its going to be all Tiger! Agreed! Gonna be another record breaking year for Tiger. He's what now? 8 of his last 9 or something along those lines? That's insane in today's world of golf. The man is a freak...:eek:

PHS Wildcats
04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm rooting for Phil!!:clap:

injuredinmelee
04-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Jim Furyk! You heard it here first.

shankbear
04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
anybody want to give me the field against Tiger?

JasperDog94
04-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Golf on TV = Great Nap!:thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 08:22 AM
I have no respect for Tiger Woods and hope he never wins another golf match in his life.

JasperDog94
04-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I have no respect for Tiger Woods and hope he never wins another golf match in his life. No respect or no love? It's hard not to respect his accomplishments.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I have no respect for Tiger Woods and hope he never wins another golf match in his life.
considering that tournaments like these aren't matches...you're going to see him do plenty of winning! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No respect or no love? It's hard not to respect his accomplishments.

Well, when he came out and said that he wanted to spend one day in the Army just to, "see what it was like," it was insulting to everyone who has served our country, and more importantly everyone who died fighting for our freedoms. So yes, it is a lack of respect. Respect is reserved for men such as Pat Tillman, who felt like his obligation to his country was more important than the game he played or the money he received for it. I'm not saying if a person has not served in the armed forces I don't respect them, but just to give it a try and see what it is like is disrespectful, that's just my opinion.

CenTexSports
04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
WOW, BBDE, Tiger is the poster boy for your generation. Bi-racial parents, bi-racial marriage, bi-racial future kid, rich beyond need, and probably a staunch Democrat. What more could a liberal Demo want? He will probably run for President some day.

I am not a Tiger fan but I respect his golf game because it is amazing. I will be rooting for Retief, Ernie, Jim, and Mike.

It should be a great tournament. Golf is the most exciting game to watch on television.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
WOW, BBDE, Tiger is the poster boy for your generation. Bi-racial parents, bi-racial marriage, bi-racial future kid, rich beyond need, and probably a staunch Democrat. What more could a liberal Demo want? He will probably run for President some day.

I am not a Tiger fan but I respect his golf game because it is amazing. I will be rooting for Retief, Ernie, Jim, and Mike.

It should be a great tournament. Golf is the most exciting game to watch on television.

I wouldn't vote for him if I had the one and only vote in a tie-breaker between him and George W. Bush.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, when he came out and said that he wanted to spend one day in the Army just to, "see what it was like," it was insulting to everyone who has served our country, and more importantly everyone who died fighting for our freedoms. So yes, it is a lack of respect. Respect is reserved for men such as Pat Tillman, who felt like his obligation to his country was more important than the game he played or the money he received for it. I'm not saying if a person has not served in the armed forces I don't respect them, but just to give it a try and see what it is like is disrespectful, that's just my opinion.

Got proof?

He actually spent 4 days training with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command. Here's the link to that. Link (http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15474)

Seeing that his dad was a Lt. Col. in the Army...I'm sure he has much respect for the Army and the military in general.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Got proof?

He actually spent 4 days training with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command. Here's the link to that. Link (http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15474)

Seeing that his dad was a Lt. Col. in the Army...I'm sure he has much respect for the Army and the military in general.

Okay, four days, and proof of what exactly? Going and training and not enlisting is crap. If you want to experience the armed forces, sign up and enlist. That's my opinion, you're not going to change it.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Okay, four days, and proof of what exactly? Going and training and not enlisting is crap. If you want to experience the armed forces, sign up and enlist. That's my opinion, you're not going to change it.

I'm not trying to. I was simply asking for proof of what you said that he said. And I believe that the four days was something that his dad wanted him to do....if you'd read the article.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
So you can hate on Tiger for not enlisting...but when have you signed up yourself? Judge not lest you be judged my friend...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm not trying to. I was simply asking for proof of what you said that he said. And I believe that the four days was something that his dad wanted him to do....if you'd read the article.

I never quoted him. See my original statement, don't put words in my mouth, and have a nice day.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
I never quoted him. See my original statement, don't put words in my mouth, and have a nice day.
So why put something in quotation marks if you weren't quoting him? :thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM

:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, when he came out and said that he wanted to spend one day in the Army just to, "see what it was like," it was insulting to everyone who has served our country

that isn't quoting him? Im confused!

Maroon87
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM

My opinion is, if you look hard enough for reasons to be offended, you're going to find plenty.

As far as the Masters, I hope Phil wins again. But don't forget Chris DiMarco...he's been close a few times.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Like everybody else...I would love to see Phil and Tiger in the final group on Sunday. I'm sure CBS wouldn't mind either! ;)

kaorder1999
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
I didnt know about that with Tiger but I have no problem with it. I look at it as a sign of respect to just get a taste of what the soldiers go though. Him doing that is better than me sitting on my butt in front of the TV and complaining about whats going on with the government and the War and the job our President is doing.

coach
04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Jim Furyk! You heard it here first.

u act like thast an unbelievable pprediction

coach
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
u always have to concider vijay and ernie

injuredinmelee
04-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by coach
u act like thast an unbelievable pprediction

Furyk has trouble with the greens at Augusta on the weekends. He has been close a few times hopefully he can keep towards the top going into Sundays round and make a push on the back side. The front is so hard to make a move up the leaderboard on.

EricDraven
04-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Amen brother, amen.

kaorder1999
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM

:clap: :clap:

BuffyMars
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Golf is the most exciting game to watch on television.

Oh my! If that isn't a matter of opinion I don't know what is! I feel just the opposite! I think golf is the most absolute BORING game on the PLANET!

And its boring to play as well. I have so much more fun with miniature golf. Maybe if they put a big clown face put on the 9th hole then I would play.

I would rather watch paint dry!

:tongue: :D

kaorder1999
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
its only boring to play if you dont have the skill to play!!! ;)

BuffyMars
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
its only boring to play if you dont have the skill to play!!! ;) Sorry I don't see the fun, in standing around ll day swinging a club to hit a ball, then going to find you ball only to do it again. I could be the world's greatest golfer, but I still wouldn't like it.

:hand:

kaorder1999
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
honestly....when you make that first Par or hit that first good shot you will want to go do it again. It can get addicting!

JasperDog94
04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I would rather watch paint dry!

:tongue: :D I would rather watch you watch paint dry.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by coach
u always have to concider vijay and ernie
Ernie is still recovering from surgery...I think I saw him at +4 through 6.

44INAROW
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Like everybody else...I would love to see Phil and Tiger in the final group on Sunday. I'm sure CBS wouldn't mind either! ;)

talk about ratings........ mercy...........:cool:

coach
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Ernie is still recovering from surgery...I think I saw him at +4 through 6.
phil is +5 through 7

Txbroadcaster
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Sorry I don't see the fun, in standing around ll day swinging a club to hit a ball, then going to find you ball only to do it again. I could be the world's greatest golfer, but I still wouldn't like it.

:hand:

HAHA that is funny:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
So why put something in quotation marks if you weren't quoting him? :thinking:

Apparently you misread my intentions, that was not me quoting him directly. Did you see anywhere where I put Tiger said? No, because I didn't, it's kind of like when a person uses those finger quotes when they're talking. But I guess everyone on here is a genius and knows exactly what I'm thinking and has to assert their correctness in every situation, even whenever they're not in the conversation.

themsu97
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
my problem is not with Tiger... it is as always with the media... during an event we see everything Tiger does except for going to the bathroom... it is nauseating...
but the media loves to say he is the best ever... I disagree... he is the best of his era...
I also hate that the media wants to call him the greatest athlete... please, he is a golfer...

all of this has nothing to do with Tiger... I will watch regardless because I love golf... I am a purist...
I would love to see a Tiger/Phil showdown but I would love to see DiMarco win

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Apparently you misread my intentions, that was not me quoting him directly. Did you see anywhere where I put Tiger said? No, because I didn't, it's kind of like when a person uses those finger quotes when they're talking. But I guess everyone on here is a genius and knows exactly what I'm thinking and has to assert their correctness in every situation, even whenever they're not in the conversation.
You didn't have to write Tiger said...because you wrote, "Well, when he came out and said that he wanted to spend one day in the Army just to, "see what it was like," it was insulting to everyone who has served our country, and more importantly everyone who died fighting for our freedoms.

Anybody with half a brain can read that and know that you were saying "Tiger said this...":rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
You didn't have to write Tiger said...because you wrote, "Well, when he came out and said that he wanted to spend one day in the Army just to, "see what it was like," it was insulting to everyone who has served our country, and more importantly everyone who died fighting for our freedoms.

Anybody with half a brain can read that and know that you were saying "Tiger said this...":rolleyes:

No, that wasn't what I was saying. I think I already stated that. But thanks though, I love how you have to put your two cents into every conversation and express your supreme ability to be correct about everything. You're a role model to us all.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
No, that wasn't what I was saying. I think I already stated that. But thanks though, I love how you have to put your two cents into every conversation and express your supreme ability to be correct about everything. You're a role model to us all.
Aww...poor Gary was proven wrong by many a poster...and he doesn't know how to admit it...

Big shocker indeed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And I'm pretty sure I've been a part of the conversation the whole way. You were just dumb enough to open your mouth and provide additional conversations...just like you have many other times.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Aww...poor Gary was proven wrong by many a poster...and he doesn't know how to admit it...

Big shocker indeed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And I'm pretty sure I've been a part of the conversation the whole way. You were just dumb enough to open your mouth and provide additional conversations...

No, you misinterpreted what I read, and once I tried to clarify, you won't just say okay and let it go.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM

Correct.

So if you're saying that you didn't quote Tiger, than it is you that is putting words in Tiger's mouth.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
No, you misinterpreted what I read...

I'd like to see the source.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Correct.

So if you're saying that you didn't quote Tiger, than it is you that is putting words in Tiger's mouth.

No, once again, I didn't put it into the words that I wanted to and you misinterpreted it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I'd like to see the source.

What I wrote. Excuse me.

Adidas410s
No, once again, I didn't put it into the words that I wanted to and you misinterpreted it.

We can't misinterpret what you don't write...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Proven wrong? I'm sorry, the only thing that I had incorrect was the amount of time that he had the army experience.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Correct.
^
^
^
^
^

It's like Jeopardy...you gave the answer...and then gave the question/statement! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
We can't misinterpret what you don't write...

Yes, but you did a fine job of misinterpreting what I did write. Instead of asking for clarification, you jumped to conclusions. I fail to see why nobody can let it go, it's just an opinion, but as always, people try to assert why theirs are more correct than others.

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
come on Gary...don't get so worked up over nothing. I'm just picking on you because you'll get defensive...over everything!!! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
come on Gary...don't get so worked up over nothing. I'm just picking on you because you'll get defensive...over everything!!! ;)

What do you expect? Look at the name. :mad:

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
It was a bold statement to make without having the facts to back it up.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
It was a bold statement to make without having the facts to back it up.

Well, let's look at the facts, he did in fact go and train for four days to live the army experience. I find that disgraceful and the notion of it bothers me. That's my opinion, get over it.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Well, let's look at the facts, he did in fact go and train for four days to live the army experience. I find that disgraceful and the notion of it bothers me. That's my opinion, get over it.

Seeing that his dad was an Army retiree and wanted him to do it....I see your point. Why the hell didn't he tell his, "Dad, Mr. ex Lieutenant Colonel, I can't do this...it would shame the men and women who serve this country....you of all people should see that."

I'm over it. I just wanted to base my own opinion based on facts and not your false statement.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Seeing that his dad was an Army retiree and wanted him to do it....I see you're point. Why the hell didn't he tell his, "Dad, Mr. ex Lieutenant Colonel, I can't do this...it would shame the men and women who serve this country....you of all people should see that."

I'm over it. I just wanted to base my own opinion based on facts and not your false statement.

False statement of what? You have poor reading and comprehension skills, because I've already came out and admitted that I was wrong on the length of time. And you're right, he should have said that, because it was a shame.

Ranger Mom
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Correct.

LOL!! We don't call him fencepost for nothing, ya know!!:D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! We don't call him fencepost for nothing, ya know!!:D :D

With muscles :mad:

coiled2strike
04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
i always watch the master's...just to hear hootie

Adidas410s
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
i always watch the master's...just to hear hootie

Hootie is no longer the chairman...

kepdawg
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Tiger is going the wrong way on the leaderboard today.

8 shots back at +5

Adidas410s
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
the long putt Tiger just made on 12 for bogey could be helpful. He turned it into a long, solid drive on 13 and he's about to go for the green in 2. It's one of the few fairways he's hit today.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
the long putt Tiger just made on 12 for bogey could be helpful. He turned it into a long, solid drive on 13 and he's about to go for the green in 2. It's one of the few fairways he's hit today.

Unfortunately he wound up going short and right of the green and went in the water. Ended up with a par though.