PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Showdown Update April 4, 2007

Phil C
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
The score is now Texas 6.5 Texas A&M 5.

The sports left are Men and Women's Tennis for one point each.
Mean and Women's Golf for one point each.
Softball for 1/2 point.
Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field for one point each.
Baseball for one point.

It takes 10 points to win. If the two teams tie at 9.5 points Texas is the winner since they won it last year. I still think they should give an extra 1/4 point to the winner of the football game in case of the 9.5 tie but State Farm thought it was a ridiculous suggestion.

Anyway the point for Men's Tennis is to be fought out this Friday at 6 P.M.

What I think is going to happen is that Texas will sweep Men and Women's tennis but it could be close since the men have to play at College Station and remember that the Lady Aggies upset UT in women's tennis last year at College Station. But this year the match is in Austin.

I think that the Aggies will get the sweep in golf even though the Men's Golf could possible be close.

I think the Texas softball team has done their job in getting a 1/2 point earlier in Austin. I think the Lady Aggies will get that one in College Station.

I think Texas will win the Men's Outdoor Track and Field point while A&M will win the Women's Outdoor Track and Field point.

If the results above happen then it means that UT will already have 9.5 points and the Aggies 8.5 points when baseball comes. In that case if the Aggies win the Baseball point then they tie even though UT is considered a (a most unsatisfactory) winner. If UT wins the baseball point then UT wins it 10.5 to 8.5 in a very competitive year.

We will have to wait and see though. Each point is critical and there have been surprise winners such as UT in soccer and the Lady Aggies in swimming and diving.

Adidas410s
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
have the Ags ever won the Lone Star Showdown?

Phil C
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
No Ad. It has only been on two years previously and it was 14.5 to 4.5 in favor of UT the first year and UT won again the second year 14 to 5.

Phil C
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I hope the link works on giving you information for the State Farm Lone Star Showdown. Bear in mind it has not been updated for the first softball game that UT won so UT has 1/2 point more than shown. You can also get the results of the two prior years too.

http://lonestarshowdown.net/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=6

Phil C
04-04-2007, 04:57 PM
If you look at the link in the prior post you will see by adding just 1/4 (or .25) a point to football that it would not have changed the outcome except in case of a 9.5 to 9.5 tie. But State Farm wouldn't hear me.

:(