PDA

View Full Version : Hey As a remarkable thing in Sinton last night!

Phil C
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I was at the softball game but there was so much going on there. You could stand at a right spot and could see both the softball and basetball games with Ingleside and also could see the Sinton Junior High Track meet being held on the track at the high school football stadium. Three events going on at once right by each other that one could see. Remarkable indeed!

SintonFan_inAustin
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was at the softball game but there was so much going on there. You could stand at a right spot and could see both the softball and basetball games with Ingleside and also could see the Sinton Junior High Track meet being held on the track at the high school football stadium. Three events going on at once right by each other that one could see. Remarkable indeed! dont forget if u got there early u could also see two little league teams practicing so 5 events going on at the same time:)

Adidas410s
04-04-2007, 11:51 AM
The only thing that could've made it any better would be if somebody hit a homerun at the softball field!!! :eek:

Maroon87
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The only thing that could've made it any better would be if somebody hit a homerun at the softball field!!! :eek:

Or if they had a big screen showing Dawn at Socorro. :D

Gobbla2001
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM

yah, against that big Norwegian transfer with the beard..

maroonpirate04
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
The Pirate Band was also hosting band competition inside Sinton High School they also will continue today. and the Sinton Choir is attending a competition at Rockport Fulton High School today

GOFOR2
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
and the kids at the CDO were having a contest to see who could fly their kites the highest.

Johnny Utah
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
And, one time at band camp....

GOFOR2
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I heard the coaches in the press box were having a fajita eating contest during the track meet.

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
LMAO guess the announcer was SOL on that deal since we couldn't hear our softball announcer over the track dude :cool:

Johnny Utah
04-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Track has an announcer down there, so does softball? WOW, that is BIG TIME!!!!

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
You know it! That track announcer was smooth - wonder if he is available for softball announcing next year? :thinking:

GOFOR2
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
He said he was gonna let Phil C handle that chore.

Phil C
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM

That isn't going to happen this year Ad. Well maybe an inside the fence home run but there won't be one going over the fence.

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

:eek: :eek: I don't know if Phil C could contain his excitement if he were the announcer for the softball games!!! :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Since Rockdale's new field no one has hit a home run in a game. This is it's 3rd year.

Phil C
04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

No way. :)

I must be in the stands cheering for the team.

One time a few years ago another fan asked me if I wanted to help in the snack bar there so the parents could be free to watch the game. I asked the players if they wanted me to do that or to be sitting in the stands cheerfing for them and they unanimously said I belonged in the stands.

Sniff sniff - I was so happy.

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM
You can still cheer from the concession stand. We need all the help we can get.

Phil C
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Since Rockdale's new field no one has hit a home run in a game. This is it's 3rd year.

Hey Tiger any reason for it. Maybe the field is a little longer or something. The reason it doesn't happen in Sinton is because of the wind that blows in here from the east at late evenings and nights. The batters face east into that wind. I have seen a few hits that I think might have gone over this year but that wind catches them every time and keeps it this side of the fence.

Phil C
04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You can still cheer from the concession stand. We need all the help we can get.

Too late. The girls have spoken. In the stands or by them I stay. :)