PDA

View Full Version : OU is gonna get in trouble!!!

Funk-d-fied
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
TULSA, Okla. -- A former Oklahoma football player who was kicked off the team with former quarterback Rhett Bomar says he believes his dismissal was unfair.

"All I did was take cash. I didn't break any laws and I get kicked off the team, but there's people on the team that are breaking laws and failing drug tests and stuff like that, and there's nobody getting kicked off the team for that type of stuff."
-- J.D. Quinn

Former offensive lineman J.D. Quinn and Bomar were permanently dismissed from the team the day before the start of practice last fall for taking money for hours they did not work at a Norman auto dealership.

Quinn, who transferred to Montana, told the Tulsa World he didn't understand why he and Bomar were kicked off the team Aug. 2.

"All I did was take cash," Quinn said. "I didn't break any laws and I get kicked off the team, but there's people on the team that are breaking laws and failing drug tests and stuff like that, and there's nobody getting kicked off the team for that type of stuff."

Quinn declined to provide details of his allegations about other players, but said it was not necessarily about players on the OU team.

"I was just saying around the country. I wasn't saying it in the context of Oklahoma. There's just people I've heard of doing things."

Bomar, now at Sam Houston State, declined comment through a university spokesman.

OU football coach Bob Stoops also declined comment, other than associate athletic director Kenny Mossman saying, "the university has turned over all of our material to the NCAA and we stand by that dialogue."

OU goes before the NCAA Infractions Committee in Indianapolis on April 14 to defend itself on an allegation that the university failed to adequately monitor the employment of athletes at the Norman car dealership.

A university investigation determined Quinn was paid $8,137.17 and Bomar $7,406.88 beyond the hours they actually worked.

The NCAA forbids student-athletes from receiving benefits that are not also available to non-student-athletes, including benefits from off-campus employment.

Both players were ordered to pay restitution to a charity of their choice as terms of their reinstatement and both lost one season of eligibility.

Quinn, of Garland, Texas, said he donated $5,000 to the Dallas chapter of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and will donate the remainder of his restitution to the same foundation when he gets the money.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Macarthur
04-04-2007, 11:05 AM
There's more and more stuff leaking out about OU. There are those that believe they are the dirtiest program in the Big 12.

Funk-d-fied
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I hear Arkansas football is in trouble as well.....

JasperDog94
04-04-2007, 11:08 AM
We'll soon see if the NCAA does anything about them.

kaorder1999
04-04-2007, 11:08 AM
uh oh!

Funk-d-fied
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
The NCAA just requested the television contracts from OU this Monday, looks like they are looking over what they could punish them for.

coach
04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
There's more and more stuff leaking out about OU. There are those that believe they are the dirtiest program in the Big 12.

is this really true or is this just another way texas and aggie fans getting mad bc ou steals all the atheletes in the state of texas

Gobbla2001
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by coach
is this really true or is this just another way texas and aggie fans getting mad bc ou steals all the atheletes in the state of texas

I'm a UT fan, but think that is a very good question...

I'm pretty sure it's true, but from reading the article I don't think it's that big of a deal...

burnet44
04-04-2007, 11:34 AM
trust me
none are clean

some just wash a little better

Phil C
04-04-2007, 11:34 AM
A stupid punishment indeed if that is the case. They are punishing everyone and we won't get to see the UT vs OK game on tv!

If they are going to punish them why not limit scholarships or something like that. Why punish everyone?

:mad:

HM33
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Sad thing is that this is going on at a majority of colleges and universities around the country. Yes, might not be as big and what not, but it is happening whether you believe it or not. There is no one real way to make all of this stop besides giving drug test to EVERY player once a month but that would cost way way to much and it can still be beaten...

JasperDog94
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Sad thing is that this is going on at a majority of colleges and universities around the country. Why else would anyone want to go to Oklahoma?:D :D

Emerson1
04-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A stupid punishment indeed if that is the case. They are punishing everyone and we won\'t get to see the UT vs OK game on tv!

If they are going to punish them why not limit scholarships or something like that. Why punish everyone?

I don\'t think it would prevent anyone from seeing the game in Texas, that would make no sense. To much money to be loss for the opposing school.

lepfan
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I just heard some BIG poop on UT's football program!:D

Gobbla2001
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I just heard some BIG poop on UT's football program!:D

yah, but we poop out in the open...

lepfan
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah, but we poop out in the open... Only if it is legal...I hear they are trying to get an agricultural degree program at UT.

sahen
04-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A stupid punishment indeed if that is the case. They are punishing everyone and we won't get to see the UT vs OK game on tv!

if they strip scholarships then OU might not be as dominate after the scholarship restrictions and then the NCAA would lose some money....i think its funny that the NCAA is as corrupt as the teams it tries to govern....atleast they cut out those indian names though! :rolleyes: