PDA

View Full Version : Alaniz named Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/alaniz_adrian_031006_300.jpg Adrian Alaniz

Alaniz named Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Longhorns' junior Adrian Alaniz was tabbed the Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week the league announced on Monday. It is Alaniz's second conference pitcher of the week honor in 2007 and the third of his career.

Alaniz held No. 17 Oklahoma to three hits in a complete-game, 3-1 win over the Sooners. He struck out five on the afternoon and improved his record to 8-1 on the season. The Sinton, Texas native allowed singles in the third and sixth innings before yielding a sun-aided triple that led to OU's only run of the game in the eighth inning. The performance was the second time this season that Alaniz allowed three hits or less in a game joining a two-hit shutout against Miami (Ohio).

With the performance against Oklahoma, Alaniz lowered his ERA to 1.17 in conference games and 1.75 overall. Both marks rank second in the Big 12 Conference.

The Longhorns return to action on Tuesday, hosting UT San Antonio at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. First pitch is slated for 6:05 p.m.

:clap: :clap: Congrats Big A!! He is really tearing it up this year!! :thumbsup: :)

Bull19
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
WHAT DOES UFCU STAND FOR? ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP UNIVERSITY?

TMer25
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHAT DOES UFCU STAND FOR? ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP UNIVERSITY?

University Federal Credit Union

SintonFan
04-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Alaniz named Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Longhorns' junior Adrian Alaniz was tabbed the Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week the league announced on Monday. It is Alaniz's second conference pitcher of the week honor in 2007 and the third of his career.

Alaniz held No. 17 Oklahoma to three hits in a complete-game, 3-1 win over the Sooners. He struck out five on the afternoon and improved his record to 8-1 on the season. The Sinton, Texas native allowed singles in the third and sixth innings before yielding a sun-aided triple that led to OU's only run of the game in the eighth inning. The performance was the second time this season that Alaniz allowed three hits or less in a game joining a two-hit shutout against Miami (Ohio).

With the performance against Oklahoma, Alaniz lowered his ERA to 1.17 in conference games and 1.75 overall. Both marks rank second in the Big 12 Conference.

The Longhorns return to action on Tuesday, hosting UT San Antonio at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. First pitch is slated for 6:05 p.m.

:clap: :clap: Congrats Big A!! He is really tearing it up this year!! :thumbsup: :)
Yo Adrian!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sinton94
04-04-2007, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pirate4state

[b]Alaniz named Big 12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week

You the Man....................Congrats Adrian!:clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Rita...you think he'll go into the amateur draft in June?

piratebg
04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Cool Beans :)

footballgal
04-04-2007, 01:42 PM
way to go Adrian!:clap:

I can't believe he's a Junior already. Time sure flys

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Rita...you think he'll go into the amateur draft in June? Well he was drafted last year, but they could never reach an argeement. If he stays on pace I think this year will be his last year with the Horns. :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
way to go Rita's alleged cousin!

Hook 'Em

pirate4state
04-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
way to go Rita's alleged cousin!

Hook 'Em

you dork! Adrian & I are not related, but we can be if it gets me free tickets! ;)

Old Tiger
04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you dork! Adrian & I are not related, but we can be if it gets me free tickets! ;) I know yall aren't. I just remember how you were joking about it one day. ;)

GOFOR2
04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yo Adrian!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cut me Mick! Cut me!

GOFOR2
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Rita...you think he'll go into the amateur draft in June?

"Everybody's got a price." - Million Dollar Man Ted DeBiase

Phil C
04-04-2007, 02:36 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: