PDA

View Full Version : Our puppy won't stop biting!!! (cute pics included)

Adidas410s
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
So we got our new puppy on Saturday (it's not the one I posted pics of earlier) and she's been wonderful...except she likes to bite things...and people. It's probably because she is teething but she just won't quit biting our fingers and toes. Any suggestions on how to work through this with her?

Btw...her name is Ellie and here are a few pics of her:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/249/p1012688al7.jpg

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2967/p1012704he7.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7552/p1012747en2.jpg

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2007, 03:51 PM
She's cute, but what happened to the other one? the one with the empty bowl?:confused:

marlin fan
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
o0o0 she is cute lol i want her!!!! i say just see if she'll get over it or u can just like give her a lil tap and say NO! when she bites!!

mistanice
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
my familys puppies died from canine distemper, what a terrible virus. very heartbreaking. we caught it too late, to do anything to help em

CHS_CG
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I CANT GET SADIE TO STOP BITING EITHER SHE BIT THE CRAP OUTTA MY ARM THE OTHER DAY I THUMP HER ON THE NOSE BUT IT DONT WORK

injuredinmelee
04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
heres the pup i got for my kids 3 weeks ago her name is sammi

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/hsguru73/kidsPup1.jpg

Adidas410s
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
She's cute, but what happened to the other one? the one with the empty bowl?:confused:

When Ashley went to pick her up...the guy said, "You do have first choice since you were the first person to call...but the family next door really wants to get him for their 3 yr old son." She let him have it...obviously not thinking about her 23 yr old boyfriend's feelings too!!! :mad:

As RMAC said when he heard the news, "That kid needs to learn about disappointment early on in life."

Oh well...Ellie is even cuter than the other dog so we're very excited! :)

marlin fan
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I CANT GET SADIE TO STOP BITING EITHER SHE BIT THE CRAP OUTTA MY ARM THE OTHER DAY I THUMP HER ON THE NOSE BUT IT DONT WORK keep doing it for a couple of weeks! she will get the message

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
The nose thump worked with my dogs and a very strict "NO!" :D As far as furniture, well that didn't quite work out to well. I bought this stupid spray at Wal-Mart, but it didn't help. The best thing to do is buy her a kennel and keep her in there to keep her from destroying your furniture.

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

She is cute...congratulations dad! I know nothing about puppies though, we just have one crazy cat that I can't control. :)

injuredinmelee
04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
When Ashley went to pick her up...the guy said, "You do have first choice since you were the first person to call...but the family next door really wants to get him for their 3 yr old son." She let him have it...obviously not thinking about her 23 yr old boyfriend's feelings too!!! :mad:

As RMAC said when he heard the news, "That kid needs to learn about disappoint early on in life."

that dog has the coolest markings.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The nose thump worked with my dogs and a very strict "NO!" :D As far as furniture, well that didn't quite work out to well. I bought this stupid spray at Wal-Mart, but it didn't help. The best thing to do is buy her a kennel and keep her in there to keep her from destroying your furniture.

I had a dog that chewed up a purse of mine.....I tied that purse around its neck and made him drag it around for about 3 days....he never chewed another purse again.

I guess you would have a hard time doing that with certain things though...ie, hands, furniture, etc.:)

injuredinmelee
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had a dog that chewed up a purse of mine.....I tied that purse around its neck and made him drag it around for about 3 days....he never chewed another purse again.

I guess you would have a hard time doing that with certain things though...ie, hands, furniture, etc.:)
i just tied the couch to sammi. It is only the love seat so dont you dang aspca people start beating down my door.

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM

LOL...that cracks me up...remind me to never make you mad. :evillol: :wave:

Emerson1
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
We had a dog that chewed the leg of a metal swing set off.

What kind of toys do you have for it? Not sure if he is old enough, but our dog goes through a hard bone a week. Along with about 20 water bottles that he chews the caps off of.

thatsminty
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
awwww the puppies!!!!

i want one now

SintonFan
04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
WWCMD?
What would Cesar Milan do?
Watch The Dog Whisperer for a month and you'll know what to do.:D
That man is a genius.:cool:

mustang59
04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
When we got our dog as a puppy she would play bite. That's how they establish their dominance in a litter. When she bit I would get her by the scruff of the neck and push her down until she was lying on the floor and say "NO". It doesn't hurt them but they learn quickly that YOU are the boss. After about a week she quit biting.

lepfan
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM

I guess you would have a hard time doing that with certain things though...ie, hands, furniture, etc.:) We did that with a chicken killing dog...dog never killed another chicken!