PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones

Old Tiger
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't see how you can discipline a player who has not been charged with anything. How is he a poster child when charges have not been carried out in court. Chris Henry should be the poster child.

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I don't see how you can discipline a player who has not been charged with anything. How is he a poster child when charges have not been carried out in court. Chris Henry should be the poster child.

When your in as many bad situations as Jones is at some point it is not all just bad luck

g$$
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Pac-Man Jones had had 10, count them, 10 incidents with the law since he entered the NFL (had some before too). Chris Henry has a bunch too. Tank Johnson will also get suspended. It is in the Player's Association Agreement that the Commissioner has authority to protect the league's image.

All 3 will be suspended soon for part of next season.

Old Tiger
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
That brings up more.

How can you punish someone for occurences prior to this new agreement?

Also, once again if he isn't convicted of anything then how can you punish him.

Tank is serving time in jail though and I believe he should be punished.

g$$
04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
That brings up more.

Not all new agreement - Commissioner has had the authority. Only now is it going to be enforced by Goodell, not Tagliabue.

Old Tiger
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
g$$...

Are problems really increasing or are the problems just more talked about in the media?

g$$
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
g$$...

Are problems really increasing or are the problems just more talked about in the media?

Much more media coverage, but there is definitely a problem. This commissioner is talking a good game, now let's see what he does.

Old Tiger
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
We should know within the next 10 days from what I understand. Today he was interviewing Pacman Jones and Chris Henry to get to know them personally and see what is going on with them. Also he is getting more details on the allegations against them.

g$$
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
We should know within the next 10 days from what I understand. Today he was interviewing Pacman Jones and Chris Henry to get to know them personally and see what is going on with them. Also he is getting more details on the allegations against them.

Correct...expect suspensions soon after the meetings.

Adidas410s
04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
while the new rule that the is being put into place my not impact Jones...he IS in violation of not reporting an incident in Atlanta last year. Players are required to report all incidents to the league office and he didn't report one of them. That's their "loophole" in the matter.

injuredinmelee
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
That brings up more.

They are all punks and you have to pay for your actions. WHo cares when they happened. PacMan would be in jail if he wasnt a superstar and jail is where that hood rat belongs. You have to keep yourslef out of situations where you can get in trouble. Dont hang out with people who are going to get you in trouble. The NFL has every right to kick all these guys out for ever. Playing in the NFL is not a right. If he worked for Exxon, Haliburton, 7-11 or McDonalds he wouldnt still have his job they would have canned him.