PDA

View Full Version : 2 shot inside CNN headquarters complex

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2007, 01:30 PM
ATLANTA - A man and a woman were shot inside the building complex that houses CNN's headquarters in what police described as a "domestic situation."

ADVERTISEMENT

The two were arguing when the man pulled out a gun and shot the woman, Atlanta Police Officer James Polite said. He said the man was then shot by a CNN security guard. Their conditions were not immediately released.

CNN reported that the offices of its Internet operations, CNN.com, were immediately evacuated and that a suspect was in custody. Video footage showed police pointing guns at a man lying on the ground inside a building.

An announcement over the building's public-address system said there had been gunfire "with potential casualties by the escalators" near the main entrance of the building, facing Centennial Olympic Park.

"I heard four or five shots. I really didn't see it. I got out of there quick," said Jas Stanford, 27, who had been helping take down a stage in the park that was used for Final Four festivities.

The CNN complex also includes the Omni Hotel, a large atrium and a food court. It is connected to Philips Arena, the home of the NBA's Atlanta Hawks.

In the food court, Trina Johnson, 44, of Atlanta, was with her daughter on a family outing.

"All of a sudden we heard a big boom. We thought it was an explosion," Johnson said. "We didn't see the gun. Everybody just started running."

piratebg
04-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I've been watching this for about 30 minutes. They keep interviewing one of their secretaries who is freaking out a little on camera.

BuffyMars
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
We are busy talking about more important things. jk.

This is horrible news!