PDA

View Full Version : kennedale in playoffs

big balla152005
10-29-2002, 05:06 PM
how far do you think kennedale will go in the playoffs? think they will go all the way to state?

Texas99
10-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Kennendale has a very, very strong team. And, they did well in last years playoffs. But, playoff games are a different animal altogether. Every team you play will be up to beat you. And overall, the competition will be tougher than what you experienced this year in 8-3A. Good luck in the playoffs.

bleedgreen
10-29-2002, 06:26 PM
There is not a defense in the state that can stop Kennedale. It ain't bragging when it's true.
The only thing that will send Kennedale home is their defense....however, it appears to be stronger this year and more mature. I look for the Wildcats to make it to at least State Semifinals. We were 2 or 3 td's ahead of Bridgeport last year and then our secondary fell apart. That won't happen this year. One or two of the fast running backs will be in the secondary and they converge fast to the thrown ball. Ask Everman about their only interception this year.

Kennedale wins when the opponent turns the ball over or punts at least three times. All the playoff games last year were against tough bruising teams with all-State players. The offense can explode in a hurry and run the score up. It concerns me that we have played weak teams beyond Everman, so I'm hoping the Glen Rose game Friday will be a good tuneup.
It's hard to predict playoffs because the level of talent rises and so does the emotion. I'd say 85% of the players are back from last year and their goal is to go all the way. What are their chances? I say their excellent.

Jacket2000
10-29-2002, 06:51 PM
I expect Kennedale to go 3 rounds deep. Last season they snuck up on alot of teams. This year, they wont be able to suprise anyone.
J2K

KTownKrazy#1
10-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Kennedale is way better than just 3 rounds deep... i believe they can go to state and that's not just b/c im the number 1 fan...i mean no one can stop there offense... just imagine if last years quarterback was still running the offense instead of being moved 2 running back... they would never be stopped... they have the capability of posting 50 points a game... there defense on the other hand is suspect but no doubt is improving each week... they will be ready for the playoffs... plan on seeing them at state baby...

p.s.
give Ross the ball... i mean come on... tha kid should be touching it 15-20 times a game...

duckbutter
10-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Just remember: Offense wins games and defense wins championships.

Kennedale Wildcats
10-30-2002, 03:06 PM
[Kennedale is way better than just 3 rounds deep... i believe they can go to state and that's not just b/c im the number 1 fan...i mean no one can stop there offense... just imagine if last years quarterback was still running the offense instead of being moved 2 running back... they would never be stopped... they have the capability of posting 50 points a game... there defense on the other hand is suspect but no doubt is improving each week... they will be ready for the playoffs... plan on seeing them at state baby...

p.s.
give Ross the ball... i mean come on... tha kid should be touching it 15-20 times a game...

QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
KTownKrazy you haven't been watching the same Kennedale games that I have. I have been impressed with this QB and Ross is a stud, but 15-20 carries a game? That would take away from Harper. The Smith kid is also an excellent runner. Why would you want to change possibly the best offense in the state?

KTownKrazy#1
10-30-2002, 04:15 PM
come on now... barrett is doin good yes... but look what smith did last year at qb... he was a key component... he could throw the ball on the run and he didnt take stupid sacks... and if you watched games after he would pitch the ball to harper he would go throw a block... barrett is doing good but smith is a much better qb... and y shouldnt ross touch the ball 15-20 times??? let him bruise that d and make them tired... that would open it up for harper on the outside... ross could easily take over a game clock control and yardage wise... give him tha rock...