PDA

View Full Version : Death ramblings by P4S

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Before I go any further, let me say that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! and I am rarely out of bed before 7:30 a.m. This morning I got TWO calls from my family telling me that my great-great aunt had passed away.

When my dad was living we spent some time with this aunt b/c she & her husband helped raise my dad so I know her, but I don't KNOW her. Am I sad she has died? Sure. Do I need to know about it at 6:45 am? No.

I mean really couldn't this wait until 8 am? I'm sure I sound like a heartless witch, but I just think it is pointless to call someone that early and tell them someone is dead.

What is someone you've just woken up gonna be able to do? Nothing. Anytime I have been jarred awake there isn't much I'm gonna be able to do, but cuss you out.

Now, I will say that if had been an immediate family member I would have been up & running getting showered and over to their house or wherever to do what I could to help my family, but when it is someone who lives out of town I just don't see the point.

In matters of death, is there ever an appropriate time to share the news? :thinking:

pirate44
04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
when someone dies close to us, we feel that everyone feels the same grief and importance we do (although that isnt true). when i heard a family member had died, i felt it important to tell everyone as soon as i could. the fact your family members called you early is probably more for them than it was for you.

im sorry for your family's loss.

Maroon87
04-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry for your loss Rita.:(

Now I know the perfect time of day to call you.:devil:

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Now I know the perfect time of day to call you.:devil: :twitch: :twitch:

44INAROW
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Now, I will say that if had been an immediate family member I would have been up & running getting showered and over to their house

does that include Downlow family:D

I know what you're trying to say Rita - Even in the situation when my grandmother passed away in Aug - we didn't call my mom until 8:00 am - just no need in upsetting her when there was nothing she could do at that time - I guess though, each situation is different ie, in the case of an "expected" passing or a tragic accident - of course you/people react differently - no right or wrong answer = just we all handle/react to situations differently ;)

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
does that include Downlow family:D

I know what you're trying to say Rita - Even in the situation when my grandmother passed away in Aug - we didn't call my mom until 8:00 am - just no need in upsetting her when there was nothing she could do at that time - I guess though, each situation is different ie, in the case of an "expected" passing or a tragic accident - of course you/people react differently - no right or wrong answer = just we all handle/react to situations differently ;)

Believe it or not I thought about that...would I be upset if one of "my girls" called and woke me up with this type of news? My gut tells me no I wouldn't be upset. Isn't that funny? I'm sure we all have friends we are closer to than family members.

BuffyMars
04-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I am sorry for your loss but I agree it could have waited. Unless, they just wanted to talk to someone about it because they were having a hard time dealing, then I would be there for THEM. Otherwise, I'd feel bad for about 5.2 seconds and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

CHS_CG
04-03-2007, 10:07 AM
When my best friend in high school died... I didnt find out about it till 7:30 am on my way to school from the RADIO.. her parents told me they didnt wanna wake me and have me upset and driving at night across our county but i was upset that they didnt call me.

AP Panther Fan
04-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Believe it or not I thought about that...would I be upset if one of "my girls" called and woke me up with this type of news? My gut tells me no I wouldn't be upset. Isn't that funny? I'm sure we all have friends we are closer to than family members.

If something happens to me in the middle of the night, I am going to give my daughter strict instructions not to call you before 8:00.;) :p

Just kidding, I will tell her to post it on the downlow instead of calling.:D

I am sorry about your loss. It seems like there has been a little black cloud following you around here lately. We need to think of a way to change your luck...:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your aunt. :(

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
If something happens to me in the middle of the night, I am going to give my daughter strict instructions not to call you before 8:00.;) :p

Just kidding, I will tell her to post it on the downlow instead of calling.:D

I am sorry about your loss. It seems like there has been a little black cloud following you around here lately. We need to think of a way to change your luck...:thinking: :D

OMG don't even joke about something happening to you!!! :eek: :(

These things happen in three's which means there is one more lurking :twitch: :mad: :hairpunk:

Ranger Mom
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM
OMG don't even joke about something happening to you!!! :eek: :(

These things happen in three's which means there is one more lurking :twitch: :mad: :hairpunk:

You can apply my dog dying to that third spot...so you are good to go now!!:D

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You can apply my dog dying to that third spot...so you are good to go now!!:D ROFL! Thanks