PDA

View Full Version : People gripe about the Direct TV Baseball package BUT.....

Txbroadcaster
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
The fault is not Direct but MLB themselves.

I live in Rusk..which means I get the Astros over the Rangers when both are playing..BUT I cant get the Rangers on Direct TV..OR even ESPN 2...That is because of the blackout rules set forth by MLB..and it SUCKS

coach
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
i feel ya im in nacogdoches and we aint gettin a thing and me and my roomate are mad

SintonFan_inAustin
04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Coprus is 6 hours away from Arlington and its blackout here:mad:

injuredinmelee
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
i got to see the first inning and then black out in Drabilene.

Emerson1
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Do they save money somehow by not letting people watch the game? It's not like people who like the rangers and can't watch them because of a blackout, will stay and watch whatever team they see on TV.

g$$
04-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The fault is not Direct but MLB themselves.

I live in Rusk..which means I get the Astros over the Rangers when both are playing..BUT I cant get the Rangers on Direct TV..OR even ESPN 2...That is because of the blackout rules set forth by MLB..and it SUCKS

Did you order the Extra Innings package? If so, you can get all the games right? Agreed though, does not make much sense on black-out rules.

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Did you order the Extra Innings package? If so, you can get all the games right? Agreed though, does not make much sense on black-out rules.

I can "get" the games, but I am considered in the "local" market for the Rangers so that means I cant see the Rangers on the Extra Innings package. I did not buy the package, but is free this week

crzyjournalist03
04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i got to see the first inning and then black out in Drabilene.

ESPN's telecast was blacked out because MLB only wants you to watch the local broadcast if they're on. Since ESPN and FSN had the game, you had to watch it on FSN. In Dallas anyway, the Astros game was on 643, and they had a special channel 667 to watch the Rangers game on.

I was watching it on ESPN for the first inning and then the people realized it was on and blacked it out, but I was able to turn it to the FSN channel and see it fine.

crzyjournalist03
04-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I can "get" the games, but I am considered in the "local" market for the Rangers so that means I cant see the Rangers on the Extra Innings package. I did not buy the package, but is free this week

is it free for everybody? I don't even know where the MLB channels are!

Txbroadcaster
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
is it free for everybody? I don't even know where the MLB channels are!
Yes for this week the package is free

Adidas410s
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
ESPN's telecast was blacked out because MLB only wants you to watch the local broadcast if they're on. Since ESPN and FSN had the game, you had to watch it on FSN. In Dallas anyway, the Astros game was on 643, and they had a special channel 667 to watch the Rangers game on.

I was watching it on ESPN for the first inning and then the people realized it was on and blacked it out, but I was able to turn it to the FSN channel and see it fine.
I get so frustrated with that idea. I got to watch the first 2 innings on ESPN 2 HD last night before having to move over to the local feed. Blacking out games is so moronic!!! :mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I get so frustrated with that idea. I got to watch the first 2 innings on ESPN 2 HD last night before having to move over to the local feed. Blacking out games is so moronic!!! :mad: If astros play on FSN, forget about seeing the Rangers as this is Astro market.:doh: I been able to get games on MLB.tv by entering the game thru other team website and putting that as my home team :D only time it doesnt work is when its nationally broadcast.

crzyjournalist03
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
If astros play on FSN, forget about seeing the Rangers as this is Astro market.:doh: I been able to get games on MLB.tv by entering the game thru other team website and putting that as my home team :D only time it doesnt work is when its nationally broadcast.

That's weird that in Dallas we get both Rangers and Astros games, but you guys only get the 'Stros on FSN.