PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny/Columbia SB game ????????

3aSoftball4Mom
04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Anyone have the score for the Sweeny/Columbia Softball game????
Should be over by now

awizzy
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
3-1 sweeny...dont know what happend how anyone scored just know sweeny won

softball_fan
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Sweeny 3 Columbia 1

carter08
04-02-2007, 09:53 PM
injurys have really taken a toll on the Lady Necks

3aSoftball4Mom
04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
3-1 sweeny...dont know what happend how anyone scored just know sweeny won

Thank you very much!
That's ok, didn't need any particulars, just the score to update my website and standings.

Also
Thanks softball_fan

3aSoftball4Mom
04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by carter08
injurys have really taken a toll on the Lady Necks

What injuries? whose hurt????? :confused:

carter08
04-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
What injuries? whose hurt????? :confused:

bonner is missing the entire season with injury

besides that nothing reall. just the minor everyday softball injuries

3aSoftball4Mom
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh, I thought that there were some new injuries since we played them.
Got a little worried....you hate to hear about any one of them having any type of injury.

flowerchick
04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Injuries... one broken thumb and one recovering with a shoulder injury. They should heal soon. Hang in there girls. Doing the best you can... Not the same team as last year. New year.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah........ Injuries... we know how that goes.

we have 3 with hurt shoulders, (2 are pitchers) 2 with ankle injuries, and one that's been sick for a while, with a hurt thumb.

we tape them up before and ice them down afterwards.
I guess we all are keeping those people in business!

I hate that these girls have to play that way. :(

Good luck to your girls FlowerChick. hang in there!

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by flowerchick
Injuries... one broken thumb and one recovering with a shoulder injury. They should heal soon. Hang in there girls. Doing the best you can... Not the same team as last year. New year.

What the Lady Necks were able to accomplish last year was nothing short of impressive, it is very hard to duplicate with everyone healthy, but almost impossible when the injury bug strikes. Keep your heads up!

3ABirdMan
04-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by flowerchick

How is Cammie Newsome (sp?) doing this year? I got to watch a little of both of their games in Austin last year, and I was REALLY impressed by her. I'm surprised that she has not been able to hold the opponents down, but I certainly understand it takes some Defense behind even the greatest pitcher to win.

g$$
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
How is Cammie Newsome (sp?) doing this year? I got to watch a little of both of their games in Austin last year, and I was REALLY impressed by her. I'm surprised that she has not been able to hold the opponents down, but I certainly understand it takes some Defense behind even the greatest pitcher to win.

She's a fine player. There are other issues at work here (injuries, transfers, quit, etc.). It takes a TEAM to win. Hang in there folks.

Let's remember they lost 6 kids off last year's championship team - only 2 graduated - so you do the math. I would NOT count them out.

softball_mom
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
So true!! Thanks g$$!!!

3ABirdMan
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Which is EXACTLY why I asked the question. As far as I'm concerned, the road to Austin goes through Columbia! I've just been surprised by their record, and wondered what was up.

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Which is EXACTLY why I asked the question. As far as I'm concerned, the road to Austin goes through Columbia! I've just been surprised by their record, and wondered what was up. I don't know how true that is now.

Records as of 4/2:
Sealy 6-2
Needville 6-2
Wharton 5-3
Sweeny 5-3
Columbus 4-4
Columbia 4-4

I think they have to win out, which doesn't mean they won't but that is a tall order. Does anyone have the remaining schedules?

Reds fan
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Which is EXACTLY why I asked the question. As far as I'm concerned, the road to Austin goes through Columbia! I've just been surprised by their record, and wondered what was up.

That route may have changed, the way Sealy is playing with six straight district wins, look out!:clap:

3aSoftball4Mom
04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know how true that is now.

I think they have to win out, which doesn't mean they won't but that is a tall order. Does anyone have the remaining schedules?

I have the schedule on our website also with all of the scores..
Here is the address

SHS Lady Tigers website/District Scores & Schedule (http://eteamz.active.com/SHS_LadyTigers/news/index.cfm?subsite=551449&cat=0#news3812431)

pirate4state
04-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
I have the schedule on our website also with all of the scores..
Here is the address

SHS Lady Tigers website/District Scores & Schedule (http://eteamz.active.com/SHS_LadyTigers/news/index.cfm?subsite=551449&cat=0#news3812431)

Thanks! :)

3aSoftball4Mom
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Your welcome :)