PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Question

Old Tiger
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I am looking to by a Sidekick III but I am not a T-Mobile user. I was going to make the purchase on Ebay but I do not know if I can put my SIM card from Cellular One into the Sidekick. Any info would be helpful.

Adidas410s
04-02-2007, 04:16 PM
you'll 1) need for it to be unlocked and 2) need to have the settings in it changed to match up with Cell One/Alltel's settings for text messaging to work. Even then...it still might not work depending on the phone's ability to read your sim cards. There are many different brands/size capacity SIMs and they aren't always interoperable with every device.

CHS_CG
04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
straight up i looked at buying a sidekick and the guy at the tmobile counter told me not to waste my money ( i have been goin to this same place for like 4 years lol) he said they are crap.

AP Panther Fan
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
straight up i looked at buying a sidekick and the guy at the tmobile counter told me not to waste my money ( i have been goin to this same place for like 4 years lol) he said they are crap.

I think all cell phones are made like crap...they just don't last. The companies are ripping us off. Exorbitant prices on phones that might, MIGHT, have a 2 year lifespan...:mad:

yes, I am having cell phone problems...:mad:

Old Tiger
04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I bought the Krzr and it was like $400 and the face is all cracked and stuff and there is a crack on top of the camera lense!:mad:

AP Panther Fan
04-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I bought the Krzr and it was like $400 and the face is all cracked and stuff and there is a crack on top of the camera lense!:mad:

you think that is bad....I am temporarily using my daughter's 1 year old motorola razor...the screens will not light at all, so you can forget using your phone book or seeing who is calling you. It is also starting to not hold a charge, NOT that I can see the battery levels since the screen won't work. grrrr....

I have continually used my upgrades to upgrade my kids phones so I will be stuck paying retail...I have thought about checking pawn shops.

Latest cell phone horror story from my family....approximately 4 wks ago, my son is over at a friends house, goes to the restroom, reaches over to flush and then zip up....well his phone is in the front pocket of his sweatshirt, it falls out, bounces off the seat and goes down the toilet just as it is flushing down....they called it for about 15 minutes and could hear it vibrating in the plumbing. We don't have much luck when it comes to phones.:(

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Latest cell phone horror story from my family....approximately 4 wks ago, my son is over at a friends house, goes to the restroom, reaches over to flush and then zip up....well his phone is in the front pocket of his sweatshirt, it falls out, bounces off the seat and goes down the toilet just as it is flushing down....they called it for about 15 minutes and could hear it vibrating in the plumbing. We don't have much luck when it comes to phones.:( OMG! My dad did the same thing, except he didn't flush it. Okay, that was the 2nd one he had. The first he left under the hood of his pickup, forgot about it being there...took off driving and ran over it. :doh: My brother dropped his in a glass of tea. :doh: :doh: Neither of them needs to have a cell phone.

smustangs
04-02-2007, 05:27 PM
This summer i was workin and busted my phone w/ a wrench then about 3 months before that i left it on the bumper of my truck and drove off and never saw it again so far so good on this one

AP Panther Fan
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
OMG! My dad did the same thing, except he didn't flush it. Okay, that was the 2nd one he had. The first he left under the hood of his pickup, forgot about it being there...took off driving and ran over it. :doh: My brother dropped his in a glass of tea. :doh: :doh: Neither of them needs to have a cell phone.

hahaha....glass of tea!

lol...yep, it was too bad my son flushed before zipping. ;)

The phone he flushed was an "older" phone because the brand new one he just got for Christmas has a broken screen already! He was driving back to San Marcos, forgot he had been using the phone on speaker in his lap. When he got out of the truck it went flying and messed up the screen. About a year ago...he lost a phone while floundering. My husband has also dropped one in the harbor over the dock where he works. I have washed one of mine before. I am not sure if we are careless or cursed. These things are sure expensive to just break randomly when you have your obvious "screw ups" flushing etc....that can't be undone.

I am starting to get some sort of phone phobia.

DU_stud04
04-02-2007, 05:44 PM
my phone is a champ. its been submerged in water, been ran over, stepped on, fell on, thrown against a wall, fallen and kicked and fell 3 floors, left in the freezer..... only thing that is wrong with it was this last time it was stepped on, the front screen is halfway out....so i can still see incoming calls, battery life and time. and the paints chipped of alittle bit, other than that its great, i charge it once every 3-4 days, ive enjoyed this phone, lots of stories. this phone was made for me, :D

nokia 6102 if your wondering

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
nokia 6102 if your wondering Ooooh, I need to look into one of those for my son. I can't remember how many phones he's been through.....and none of them have "stories". :doh:

DU_stud04
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ooooh, I need to look into one of those for my son. I can't remember how many phones he's been through.....and none of them have "stories". :doh: it also holds its own with dumbells on top of it in your pocket while working out:D

and if you were to get the nokia 6102 i, it even comes with blue tooth :)

AP Panther Fan
04-02-2007, 06:01 PM

nokia 6102 if your wondering

If it can sustain the torture you have put it through, it would probably fit in nicely at my house. ;)

I will definitely check that one out at the Cingular store.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
it also holds its own with dumbells on top of it in your pocket while working out:D

and if you were to get the nokia 6102 i, it even comes with blue tooth :)

I have 6102i, and the screen is acting up like a spoiled child on crack for no reason.

MHSvarsity2007
04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
i have a razor and i hate it.

lepfan
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
If anyone is interested...I am going to throw my phone as far as I can and then go hunt it down so I can drive over it a bazillion times. Alltel SUCKS in this hell hole. I think I am try the can and string method...I really think it will work better at this point.

luvhoops34
04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Since we have had cell phones, my husband has dropped his in the water trough and lost two phones. My daughter has dropped hers in a pitcher of beer, had one stolen at a club, had another one stolen out of her car and lost another three phones. Obviously, I have insurance on all our phones. We all have Sanyo's. They work good except for the batteries start losing a charge. As far as I'm concerned it's a big racket with the cell phone companies. They are all POS.