PDA

View Full Version : To Admins or Anyone Else

BH_146
10-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Is there a terms of use policy or user agreement link posted on the forum site? Or anywhere on the 3A Downlow site? Though you may have to agee on terms of use when you register, it might be a good idea to have it in a very visible place on the message board. I know I have been a member longer than my member number indicates. Thus, I don't remember exactly the terms at that time or if there indeed was a terms of agreement then.

Personally, I think someone is getting very close to slanderous remarks and just wondered if the 3A has fully protected themselves.

TXMike
10-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I think if you check the case law a forum's owners don't bear much responsibility for what goes on there. That being said, if someone wanted to file a libel suit they could subpoena the forum's owners and demand production of identification info for the offender and that person could be sued.

There is a way to report problem posts to the administrators. You should do so and give them the chance to review and delete if they believe it is warranted.

BH_146
10-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks for your imput.