PDA

View Full Version : Just qualified for

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
the Masters. See yall on TV.

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 03:25 PM
i suck at Aprils fools jokes. I guess i should ahe made it something believable. I couldnt shoot 130 at Augusta. Anyone ever seen the course in person? The front nine is the real bear.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i suck at Aprils fools jokes. I guess i should ahe made it something believable. I couldnt shoot 130 at Augusta. Anyone ever seen the course in person? The front nine is the real bear.

I haven't seen it in person but I will someday. One of my goals in life (once I'm financial free of course) is to play the top courses of the world. St Andrews is on the top of list. Can't wait. Has anyone every seen "The Wondering Golfer" on HGTV HD? It's awesome, I wish I could have that job.

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I haven't seen it in person but I will someday. One of my goals in life (once I'm financial free of course) is to play the top courses of the world. St Andrews is on the top of list. Can't wait. Has anyone every seen "The Wondering Golfer" on HGTV HD? It's awesome, I wish I could have that job.

good luck to you getting on Augusta to play a round. Trump couldnt get on one time. DId you know that ehy close the course at Augusta from May through October? Can you imagine paying that initiation fee and monthly dues and not getting to play for 5 almost 5 months.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
good luck to you getting on Augusta to play a round. Trump couldnt get on one time. DId you know that ehy close the course at Augusta from May through October? Can you imagine paying that initiation fee and monthly dues and not getting to play for 5 almost 5 months.

I'll piss on Trump one day. Yeah I had heard that.

rangerjim
04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
peeked through some bushes a few years back while in Augusta. At least I didn't get arrested. Played 18 on a course right next door to Augusta National. Most beautiful course I've ever played and Augusta is probabaly 100 times better. Oh yea - as a 12 handicap, the course kicked my a**. Think I shot a 95 but thoroughly enjoyed it. It is true the course is basically only open a couple of months a year

CenTexSports
04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Been to Augusta and it was awesome. The rough there is better than the fairways at most courses. The CEO of the company I work for is a member and he has told me at least twice he would take me there to play but I am not holding my breath.

I heard there were no monthly dues but that they send out a yearly bill divided equally among the members for the previous years costs.

injuredinmelee
04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Been to Augusta and it was awesome. The rough there is better than the fairways at most courses. The CEO of the company I work for is a member and he has told me at least twice he would take me there to play but I am not holding my breath.

I heard there were no monthly dues but that they send out a yearly bill divided equally among the members for the previous years costs.

i think you are right about the yearly dues. What blows me away is that they could make so much more money on the telecast of the Masters but they will only allow CBS to show so many hours. I want to say it is 30 total hours the whole week. WHen you think about the US Open and the PGA they recieve wall to wall coverage. Augusta also forces CBS to limit the amount of commercials during the broadcast. Another thing that they used to do and I am not sure if they still do is every player in the field is given a cadiallac to use during the week.

injuredinmelee
04-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I would really like to see the Champions Lockerroom one day there, but that would require winning the tourney.. lol

Phil C
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
I like to watch golf when I can. I am not a good player though.