PDA

View Full Version : How good will celinas football team next year?

neo800
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Will they be as good as last year?

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 03:26 PM
2-8.
LMAO

JR2004
04-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Being that Division II in Region II is going to be even worse than it was last season, they'll probably win the region again. Then they'll get another free trip to the title game after blowing out the West Texas representative.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Being that Division II in Region II is going to be even worse than it was last season, they'll probably win the region again. Then they'll get another free trip to the title game after blowing out the West Texas representative.

No respect for West Texas?

Matthew328
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
No respect for West Texas?

West TX looks to be a bit weak this year in 3A..

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
will be much easier to tell when they start playing the games.

Matthew328
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
will be much easier to tell when they start playing the games.

Good point, but on paper at least Wylie, Sweetwater and Canyon all look to be in a bit of a rebuilding stage this year....not sure about Snyder but other than those 4 teams no one from West Texas would scare me if I was in DFW or Easr Texas

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
just west texas or all of Region I?

Wylie is rebuilding every year. And i get a feeling that the kid from Sweetwater that started on defense as a freshman will become a household name in 3A circles before long. McCants.

Matthew328
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I'd say all of Region 1...Graham and Wichita Falls Hirschi will be 2 to watch, Hirschi's numbers are improving and more players are staying in their neighborhood to go to school than leaving and going to Old High or Rider..

Decatur should be good again, but until they prove they can win a big game in the playoffs I won't put much stock in them...

Wylie, is always a tough team to read they are almost always rebuilding...

Sweetwater may need a year of seasoning before they are ready..they lost a real good senior class as did Canyon

KTA
04-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Graham is returning like 9 on offense and 6 or 7 on defense, I wouldnt count them out just yet

Matthew328
04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I mentioned Graham as someone to watch!! I was very impressed with them last year...

Snyder_TigerFan
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm interested to see how Snyder will do next year. They'll be returning their backfield along with the QB, although, they'll have a very good JV QB moving up. They lost a couple of impact players on D, but the Snyder D always does pretty well. The JV went undefeated last year, so they should have some pretty good kids moving up.

KTA
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I wasnt aiming that at you m328, just a comment in general

BILLYFRED0000
04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
How about asking someone from Celina that is a foot ball guy? Purely from a team perspective I believe we will be just as good as last year if the injury bug will leave D'anton alone. He will be the team leader on D at the safety position I think and that is a tough spot to fill following Dru Prosser. But he is gifted and can do it. We will be better at almost every position save Jamie Blatnick. Troy Franklin has finally quit shooting up and is filling out. I believe he will come in at 6 7 and 280 and a little quicker than last year. All muscle. I would guess his body fat at around 10 percent or less. All the skill positions will be better with each of the sophmores becoming jrs etc. And I think we gain a little team speed. All in all I believe we will be better in most aspects.
Ah I forgot Caleb. How many freshmen could play m backer at the state game and play well? He will be a sophmore and has a lot of exerience now. And we have a couple of Freshmen next year that have a chance to crack the varsity they are so good.

For the record the entire Celina program lost 2 games last year.
Freshmen and orange JV went undefeated.
White JV and Varsity lost 1 each.

GWOOD
04-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
How about asking someone from Celina that is a foot ball guy?

Do you have someone in particular in mind? ;)

pirate4state
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
For the record the entire Celina program lost 2 games last year.
Freshmen and orange JV went undefeated.
White JV and Varsity lost 1 each.

White & Orange JV teams??? Does every male enrolled at Celina HS play football??? How do you even have the #'s to field 2 JV teams and who do they play??

BILLYFRED0000
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah my brother. He fills me in on everything about football. he is certifiable and you can take that any way you want......... I am just good with region 1 and 2 but he can cover just about everything.

BILLYFRED0000
04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
White & Orange JV teams??? Does every male enrolled at Celina HS play football??? How do you even have the #'s to field 2 JV teams and who do they play??

Yes, last year I believe we had 210 boys in school and about 125 in the foot ball program. This year I think Coach Ford is expecting about 150 when two a days start. And Coach always finds someone to play. That has been one of the reasons we always play bigger schools. Trying to find someone to play all of our teams for.