PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Players Arrested

RdaleBoi08
04-01-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/03312007___gilmer_players.html

Crazy News, Just Read On A Message Board!

Snyder_TigerFan
04-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Come on now fellas...wise up and realize the talent that you have. DON'T screw it up.

RdaleBoi08
04-01-2007, 01:25 AM
I Know I Was Shocked About It..Do You Think OU Will Pull Justi Johnson's Scholarship?

injuredinmelee
04-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
I Know I Was Shocked About It..Do You Think OU Will Pull Justi Johnson's Scholarship?

nope. if switzer was still there they would erect a statue commerating the arrest.

Gobbler Fan
04-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
nope. if switzer was still there they would erect a statue commerating the arrest. :evillol: :clap:

Hansum Stranger
04-01-2007, 07:06 AM
nope. if switzer was still there they would erect a statue commerating the arrest.

As much as I dislike OU, if you've ever met Switzer you'd see he is a person that cares about his players. To this day he gives his time and money for some of people that played for him.

Ingleside Fan
04-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Kids will be Stupid!:doh: Hope they give them a chance!

Phil C
04-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08

:(

I don't think so but hopefully Johnson will be given a second chance and realize his mistake and not repeat it. Hopefully, a good stern talking to by the Judge will straighten him out.

mwynn05
04-01-2007, 09:29 AM
No one is going to lose a scholarship over a misdeminor

District303aPastPlayer
04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
if this was a pro athlete, he would be crucified by now by everyone on this site...

DDBooger
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
No one is going to lose a scholarship over a misdeminor i believe you are right. scholarships as well as any financial aid is pulled for felonies I believe. they ask you that in any application for aid/scholarships. don't know if its case by case or immediate.

JR2004
04-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if this was a pro athlete, he would be crucified by now by everyone on this site...

It wouldn't even necessarily have to have been a pro athlete. If it had been last year's transfer to Gilmer or the current one, several people on here would be all over either of them for this.

Hansum Stranger
04-01-2007, 12:45 PM

I would like to think a pro, who is usually in his 20's or older, would have a little more maturity than a few 18 year olds.

IHStangFan
04-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Idiots.....I don't understand why everyone is so sympathetic. If this was some kid that didn't play sports he'd be labled as a thug/loser and you people would be calling for their heads to roll. I think these three deserve whatever they get, athelete or not.

Txbroadcaster
04-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Idiots.....I don't understand why everyone is so sympathetic. If this was some kid that didn't play sports he'd be labled as a thug/loser and you people would be calling for their heads to roll. I think these three deserve whatever they get, athelete or not.

I would not.Unless they have a history of doing this. Other than that I chalk it up to a stupid thing a bunch of teens did..Kind of like teens of all walks of life

IHStangFan
04-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would not.Unless they have a history of doing this. Other than that I chalk it up to a stupid thing a bunch of teens did..Kind of like teens of all walks of life PS Txb, I wasnt refering to YOU guys as idiots...I was calling the kids idiots :) Just so we're clear on that

Txbroadcaster
04-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
PS Txb, I wasnt refering to YOU guys as idiots...I was calling the kids idiots :) Just so we're clear on that
LOL I know

Phantom Stang
04-01-2007, 01:55 PM
These kids need to pay restitution to the owner of the automobile, as well as be punished by a court of law. I don't however, feel that any scholarships should be withdrawn over this one incident.

I state this opinion, without regard as to whether or not they play sports in HS, or what college they plan to attend.

JasperDog94
04-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
As much as I dislike OU, if you've ever met Switzer you'd see he is a person that cares about his players. To this day he gives his time and money for some of people that played for him. Goodness knows he got plenty of practice giving them money when they played for OU.:doh:

Hansum Stranger
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Goodness knows he got plenty of practice giving them money when they played for OU.:doh:

I don't think any coach has given the kids money. It's the boosters that are usually giving the hand-outs.

smustangs
04-01-2007, 08:28 PM

haha true

JasperDog94
04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't think any coach has given the kids money. It's the boosters that are usually giving the hand-outs. All I know is that he got OU into hot water with the NCAA because of paying players. Maybe he didn't write the check, but he made sure that the players got them.

Txbroadcaster
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
All I know is that he got OU into hot water with the NCAA because of paying players. Maybe he didn't write the check, but he made sure that the players got them.

While I am a huge Texas fan, I admire WHY Switzer gave money to players..One was to help the player bury his newborn child that died. Another he paid his way to go home for Thanksgiving.

Like him or not, his book Bootlegger boy is a great read

mustang04
04-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I would like to think a pro, who is usually in his 20's or older, would have a little more maturity than a few 18 year olds. sry to bust your bubble...i knew better than to do that when i was in 5th grade...........

lets change Gilmer's mascot to the Bengals!!!!

JasperDog94
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
While I am a huge Texas fan, I admire WHY Switzer gave money to players..One was to help the player bury his newborn child that died. Another he paid his way to go home for Thanksgiving.

Like him or not, his book Bootlegger boy is a great read LOL...I'm sure every player that received money really really needed it.

Sorry, but I'm just not buying it.

mustang59
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I doubt the colleges will drop them over this. We had a student a couple of years ago who had a full scholarship to play football with TCU and did something much worse than what these kids did. TCU took no action.

Phil C
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

kaorder1999
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
im telling you guys...all there is to do in East Texas is get in trouble!!!

Phil C
04-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Besides with his experience he will probably be able to get a good high paying part-time job as an auto painter at Red's Dealership up there.

:D

Phil C
04-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by mustang59
I doubt the colleges will drop them over this. We had a student a couple of years ago who had a full scholarship to play football with TCU and did something much worse than what these kids did. TCU took no action.

But mus TCU is a Christian School!! :eek:

mustang59
04-02-2007, 09:35 AM
But mus TCU is a Christian School!! :eek:
He's now sitting in jail on rape charges so, needless to say, he's no longer on the football team.

Phil C
04-02-2007, 09:40 AM
TCU is associated with the Christian (Disciples of Christ) Church.

mus I admire the Christian Church.

Fotbol
04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
if this was a pro athlete, he would be crucified by now by everyone on this site... Or if they were from Marlin M-Square Texas, I remember all the crap about Jeremy Sanders, who bye the way was found Innocent, and he is getting ready to have a break-out season at Navarro Jr. College in Corsicana, if you get a chance to see this kid play, you will be wowed once again.

mustang59
04-02-2007, 10:10 AM
TCU is associated with the Christian (Disciples of Christ) Church.

mus I admire the Christian Church.
So do I and I'm not suggesting they have done anything wrong. My point is that if they were willing to give this guy a chance those other kids don't deserve to lose their chances at college because they spray-painted a car.

Phil C
04-02-2007, 10:16 AM
So do I and I'm not suggesting they have done anything wrong. My point is that if they were willing to give this guy a chance those other kids don't deserve to lose their chances at college because they spray-painted a car.

I agree mus. Plus with that experience (as I wrote earlier) gives them a good resume at getting a good part time paying job at Red's Dealership up there.

:)

smustangs
04-02-2007, 10:17 AM
the bengals will sign them

kaorder1999
04-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by smustangs

yeah they will!

mustang59
04-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I agree mus. Plus with that experience (as I wrote earlier) gives them a good resume at getting a good part time paying job at Red's Dealership up there.

You're right, they could have a real talent for this kind of thing and would be doing something they obviously enjoy! Besides, based on what I paid the last time I had paint work done on my car they would making pretty good money.

Phil C
04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
You're right, they could have a real talent for this kind of thing and would be doing something they obviously enjoy! Besides, based on what I paid the last time I had paint work done on my car they would making pretty good money.

mustang04
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by smustangs

dude....way to steal my material...i said something bout the Bengals already....TOO LATE!!!!!:D