A.J. BURNETT
RICH HARDEN

WHAT DO YALL THINK OF MY TEAM?

Bull19
04-01-2007, 12:04 PM
TTT

SintonFan_inAustin
04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
looks ok, from 1-10 scale it looks like a 6 but good to great year by some of those players can make ur team look good:) Ian Kinsler has a Michael Young type of year with 200+ hits

big daddy russ
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
It's alright. I like the chances you took on Hermida, Kinsler, and Baldelli, but you don't have a lot of speed. Unless Milton Bradley really breaks out and a couple of those guys with 20-steal potential come to play, you'll suffer there.

Your pitching staff should win a lot of games, but saves may be tough to come and your ERA will be kind of high. Soriano was a good pickup. He'll give you great averages and may wind up being the closer before it's all said and done, but you may want to look for another reliever trying to sit on the hot seat before it's all said and done.

Maybe take a peek at LAD's Jonathan Broxton or (though it's a longshot that they'll still be there) Detroit's Joel Zumaya and Pittsburgh's Salomon Torres.

For a few extra steals, BJ Upton, Joey Gathright, and Chris Duffy may still be around. As of right now, Duffy's the hottest player of the three, but Upton will probably assume that crown long before the All-Star break.

Why?

First off, Upton has more potential, more speed, as much power, and makes great contact. But, more importantly, he'll be eligible at 2B sometime throughout the year. He's already 3B-eligible and may get some time in the OF, but a guy that versatile is hard to pass up.

Still, Duffy isn't a bad player to pick up. He'll help your team out quite a bit. I'm expecting 40 steals and 100 runs. He won't give you the power that Upton can (I'm expecting Upton to knock 80 runners in and have close to 20 homers to go with 100 runs and 35 steals), but is expected to start from day one.

Gathright, on the other hand, has been optioned to AAA to start the year until they can make room for him. The Royals have had some problems unloading Reggie Sanders, but Gathright should get into the lineup from time to time. If they ever make room, he's the next Juan Pierre.

On that note, always remember that steals are nowhere near as important as power in fantasy baseball, so don't give up a guy with 30-homer power for anyone except maybe Upton. I've seen tons of experts raving about this offseason and the only response I have is that they're idiots. Steals is only one category. A guy who gets 40 steals may or may not be in line to get 100 runs. It all depends on where he hits (Ryan Freel bounces all over the Reds' lineup).

A guy who hits 30 home runs, on the other hand, is bound to be stuck somewhere between the two and five spots (unless his name is Alfonso Soriano). Those guys always get at least 500 at bats and typically make runs at both 100 RBIs and 100 runs, especially if they hit two, three, or four.

Your own Michael Cuddyer is a great example. 100 RBIs, 100 runs, and 24 homers last year.

Why did he reach those numbers? Was it because he has the talent of a ninth overall pick?

Nope. It's because he's an alright player (not a great one) with a little pop and little speed who got 550+ AB's last year. So keep that in mind when you're sifting through the waiver wire.

JR2004
04-01-2007, 03:55 PM

Bull's-eye
04-01-2007, 05:18 PM
No Astros? :mad:

Bull19
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
NOPE. I WAS HOPING TO GET BURKE BUT IT DIDNT WORK OUT. I FEEL PRETTY GOOD ABOUT IT,,,, IM STILL TRYING TO TRADE FOR ANOTHER CATCHER BUT HAVENT HAD ANY THING GOOD HAPPEN YET. I GUESS ONLY TIME WILL TELL

big daddy russ
04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
NOPE. I WAS HOPING TO GET BURKE BUT IT DIDNT WORK OUT. I FEEL PRETTY GOOD ABOUT IT,,,, IM STILL TRYING TO TRADE FOR ANOTHER CATCHER BUT HAVENT HAD ANY THING GOOD HAPPEN YET. I GUESS ONLY TIME WILL TELL
Man, I'll tell you right now, don't worry about the catcher, get another reliever. If your catcher goes down, just pick one off the waiver wire. You'll give up too much to get another one, and you can usually find one just as good who's a free agent.

Fal44
04-02-2007, 02:38 AM
C
Bengie Molina-
1B
Derrek Lee
(ChC - 1B)

2B
Dan Uggla
(Fla - 2B)

3B
David Wright
(NYM - 3B)
L

SP
John Smoltz
(Atl - SP)

SP
Bronson Arroyo
(Cin - SP)

Dan Haren
(Oak - SP)

RP
Chris Ray
(Bal - RP)
-
RP
Armando Benitez
(SF - RP)-
P
Tom Glavine
(NYM - SP)

P
Brett Myers
(Phi - SP)
^Atl 12:05 pm - -
BN
Ian Snell
(Pit - SP)

BN
Clay Hensley
(SD - SP,RP)

BN
Francisco Liriano

big daddy russ
04-02-2007, 10:19 AM
44, I do like your team. As a matter of fact, I have you penciled in as the favorite in our league. Great offense, solid pitching, the only concern in my mind is if Corey Patterson and Derrek Lee can stay healthy. If they do and they produce like they're expected to, then you'll be very close to the top of the pile.

Gobbla2001
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
the leagues area already closed.... eh?

big daddy russ
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the leagues area already closed.... eh?
You can still sign up. I know the Downlow league that Keith started (the one that Fal44 and I are in) is already closed.

Adidas410s
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
are you trying to see how many days you can have your pitchers on the DL???

OCTAVIO DOTEL...had Tommy John surgery...has made 29 appearances since
CHIEN-MING WANG...on DL currently...hopefully not for long
A.J. BURNETT...spent signifcant time on DL in 00, 03, 04, and 06
RICH HARDEN...the next Mark Prior??? :(

pirate4state
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
the leagues area already closed.... eh? you can take over my team - i'm gonna really suck at this! :doh:

Gobbla2001
04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I just made a team name etc... on yahoo... I've never done it before... I gotsa learn...

pirate4state
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I just made a team name etc... on yahoo... I've never done it before... I gotsa learn... it is just gonna take up too much time and i don't watch baseball enough to keep up with all the changes. i shouldn't have joined the league. sorry guys!

kaorder1999
04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
im in a fantasy baseball leage every year on yahoo and get last EVERy year!!!

Gobbla2001
04-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
it is just gonna take up too much time and i don't watch baseball enough to keep up with all the changes. i shouldn't have joined the league. sorry guys!

brings up a good question... is there any way to transfer your team to someone else's username?

Fal44
04-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
44, I do like your team. As a matter of fact, I have you penciled in as the favorite in our league. Great offense, solid pitching, the only concern in my mind is if Corey Patterson and Derrek Lee can stay healthy. If they do and they produce like they're expected to, then you'll be very close to the top of the pile.

thanks, considering I didnt even get to pick the team... :D

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
All my peeps were good to go last week when I looked. Yesterday? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Two on 15-day disabled list and one sent down. :doh:

Adidas410s
04-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
All my peeps were good to go last week when I looked. Yesterday? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Two on 15-day disabled list and one sent down. :doh:

Chone Figgins and Mark Prior maybe??? I had Figgins...but at least I was able to pick up his replacement who should provide similar speed numbers!