PDA

View Full Version : 24-3A Softball and Baseball

Antec
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
I presume all 24-3A baseball and softball games scheduled today were rained out

Will have to make them up on Monday
And then play Tuesday and Thursday

All the other 3A and 2A district played on Friday

24-3A Supers wouldnt let them play because of UIL Academic Meet at WCJC in Wharton

Johnnypaycheck
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
that rule is a croc of poo. not letting teams play because of a few kids that compete during the school day.

i know our team had no kids in academic competition. now it hurts all the district softball and baseball teams.

18handicap
03-31-2007, 05:32 PM
I talked to the Sealy coach this morning and he was working hard to get their field ready to play Wharton tonight in softball. They have a tarp, so the infield was covered.

We must have missed a lot of the bad weather here in College Station, or I was really sleeping well. But we didn't put the tarp down on our field here, but it was in great shape when I checked it at lunch.

3aSoftball4Mom
03-31-2007, 09:54 PM
The tarp really helped. Our field was great. Not real sure about the outfield, but didn't hear any complaints about it.
They really worked hard to get it ready.

Billy
Don't think you could have slept through the stuff we got early this morning!!
It was definatly some serious rain & lightnin'! not too much noise though.

Sealy Lady Tigers win over Wharton Lady Tigers 6 - 2 !!!

18handicap
04-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm telling you -- I slept like a baby and didn't hear a thing!! LOL!! Seriously!!!

You have to understand though -- I live right next to the railroad tracks and the trains run 24/7 and I'm so used to them, I don't hear them anymore either.

We must have not had much here because I didn't have the field covered since we have 4 road games in a row and the infield was getting pretty hard. I went and checked it while I was talking to Casey and I was shocked at how dry mine still was. We were supposed to travel to Harker Heights Friday, but we were still postponed until Monday because of all of the rain they had up there.

Congrats on the big win!! That district is ultra competitive!!

tigerpride_08
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
we're still playing tonight as far as i know...

fireman1
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Wharton @ Sealy tonight good luck Wharton make it 6-0 after this game