PDA

View Full Version : If you could add one player to your favorite NBA team

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Who would it be?

Houston Rockets- Dirk Nowitzki would give the Rockets that consistant scorer and rebounder to go along with T-Mac and Yao. Nash would help, but Houston doesn't have enough good pure shooters. Not enough basketballs for a Kobe and not enough room down low with Duncan. I also like point guard Chris Paul and Miami's D-Wade.

DU_stud04
03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
hmmm, nice thread.

san antonio spurs- with the spurs, i would want to bring back the "twin tower" effect with another dominant big guy, and who else than the big asian yao ming:)

or i could go crazy and get me a high flyer to make things exciting. but then again that would take away from the finesse game my spurs play :)

big daddy russ
03-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Spurs- I'd complement Tim Duncan with Dwight Howard. This would give Duncan the opportunity to slide back over to C and Howard to play his more natural PF position. Also, Howard's a great defensive player, but is still learning on offense and this would give him the chance to learn from one of the all-time greats. Eventually, he'd assume the mantle that Duncan took from Robinson.

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 04:22 PM
How about the Mavericks? Definately could use a center, but would need one that could run the court. Dwight Howard? A. Stoudemire?

DU_stud04
03-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Spurs- I'd complement Tim Duncan with Dwight Howard. This would give Duncan the opportunity to slide back over to C and Howard to play his more natural PF position. Also, Howard's a great defensive player, but is still learning on offense and this would give him the chance to learn from one of the all-time greats. Eventually, he'd assume the mantle that Duncan took from Robinson. :thinking: not bad

carter08
03-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Rockets- Chris Bosh to play PF and help out Yao

Maroon87
03-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Rockets- Chris Bosh to play PF and help out Yao

That's who I'd add to the Spurs.

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Lakers- Steve Nash could control the game and get more players involved.

Pmoney
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Mavs-Dwight Howard, a young great center to help the Mavs take complete dominance

BILLYFRED0000
03-31-2007, 05:49 PM
For the mavs I would take Stoudemire in the 5 spot. That is really the only guy I would absolutely find a clear cut spot for. Or maybe another Dirk and a 7 foot Josh howard for the 5 spot. While we are dreamin that is. Actually I would take Tim Duncan over Stoudemire I think in the 5 spot. Timmy just has a knack for winning a game that Amare has not learned yet.

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Rockets- Kevin Garnett is the top rebounder in he NBA and scores almost 23 ppg.

Funny, nobody has mentioned LJ, Kobe, Carmello or Arenas. I guess too many superstars don't mesh?

eagles_victory
03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
for Cleveland i think the answer would be a point guard who can handle and shoot. Gilbert Arenas would be a good fit also i wouldnt mind having a guy like Kevin Garnett those would be my top 2 choices for the Cavs

BILLYFRED0000
03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I want a team player. How many of these superstars can win a ring all by themselves?

Bull19
03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
I THINK VERNON MAXWELL COULD HELP OUT HOUSTON....HE'D BRING SOME ATTITUDE AND USE HIS INTIMIDATION EFFECT TO SCARE THE OTHER TEAM

Diocletian
03-31-2007, 08:49 PM
steve nash to dallas

how ironic eh

Gobbla2001
03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd take Nowitvksisolinskidrich...

JR2004
03-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd add KG and I think that dream is finally about to actually come true either this summer or next summer at the latest! Give the Lakers two Superstars (And one day hall of famers) and you can go ahead and put the Flagship franchise back on top where they belong!

bandera7
03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Well the spurs right now have three...and the mavs have a definite one with so many emerging...Lakers would have some serious problems even with KG to even make it to the finals. And that is not even talking about the Suns or Rockets. KG will definitely help Kobe but can they consistently beat the two most consistent teams in the NBA? Doubtful

bandera7
03-31-2007, 10:22 PM
but as for my additional player...I would have to go with Dwight Howard. He seems the best idea, and is so young that Spurs success would continue on for a long long time. Then again, another good choice would be the college star Greg Oden. He is just so powerful, and its easier to teach offense than his nasty defense.