View Full Version : Kobe lights up Houston for 53 points

Bull Butter
03-31-2007, 12:43 AM
But Lakers lose.

One Man team.

Yao gets 39 in a WINNING effort

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Kobe took 44 shots and missed 25. He ended up with only 2 boards and 2 assists. His 53 points will make the headlines, but he doesn't get my vote for MVP. There is more to the game of basketball than just scoring.

big daddy russ
03-31-2007, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't kick him off my team. He's only doing what his coach is asking him to. Not his fault that the rest of his team is horrible or that the rest of the world, particularly Texans, absolutely hate him. He'll deal with this for the rest of his life, even if he wins another championship.

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Kobe took 44 shots and missed 25. He ended up with only 2 boards and 2 assists. His 53 points will make the headlines, but he doesn't get my vote for MVP. There is more to the game of basketball than just scoring.
What's that, somewhere around 43 or 44%? Is it really that bad, especially considering the clip he's been hitting on lately?

maestro
03-31-2007, 09:18 AM
always have liked kobe....

but he dug his own grave with the shaq arguements....and egos...

kobe was set up to rival jordan.......

and threw it away for ego....i guess......

Old Tiger
03-31-2007, 09:20 AM
wow go Kobe...no championships without Shaq

JasperDog94
03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
At one point last night Ball Hog was 11 for 30. At that point I kept wanting Ball Hog to keep shooting. Unfortunately he starting making some shots. But seriously. Your team is losing and your shooting 11 for 30. Maybe use your shot making abilities to help your team a little. How about more than 2 assists.

BTW - McGrady had 10 assists. If you counted those points in his stats, McGrady was responsible for 50 points.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
At one point last night Ball Hog was 11 for 30. At that point I kept wanting Ball Hog to keep shooting. Unfortunately he starting making some shots. But seriously. Your team is losing and your shooting 11 for 30. Maybe use your shot making abilities to help your team a little. How about more than 2 assists.

BTW - McGrady had 10 assists. If you counted those points in his stats, McGrady was responsible for 50 points.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kobe was like 1-11 in the 3rd qtr, when he hit an unbelievable shot from the parking lot. I'm thinking he's been struggling and he's going to jack up that type of shot?

Great point on T-Mac and his 10 assists. Also, with some better hands, T-Mac would of had a few more.

JR2004
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Well for the completely ignorant, of which there are many it seems, Kobe has two options at this point...

Keep shooting, and by doing so, it gives the Lakers their best hope of winning.

Pass the ball to the likes of Smush Parker, Sasha Vujacic and hope for the best.

I'll take the first option until Lamar Odom decides he wants to be a force on the offensive end on a consistent basis. Kobe is ONLY taking more shots now because his coach asked him to be more assertive and more aggressive offensively. If you don't believe that then do a search on google and you'll pull up the quotes from his newly minted hall of fame coach.

kaorder1999
03-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Go Kobe!!! :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 02:15 PM
I watched the game twice. On 2 plays, Kobe drew the defense and hit a wide open team-mate for an easy basket. On all the other plays, he basically ignored the other players and did everything on his own. His last traveling call was because he did not want to pass the ball, he wanted to make that game tying shot.

I heard a good definition of what it takes to be a MVP. A player that makes everybody around him a better player. When Yao was out, T-Mac took players like Chuck Hayes and Mutombo and made them key components of a winning formula. Even the success of Yao depends greatly on the play of T-Mac. Sorry, I just don't see Kobe doing anything for his fellow players.

JR2004
03-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I watched the game twice. On 2 plays, Kobe drew the defense and hit a wide open team-mate for an easy basket. On all the other plays, he basically ignored the other players and did everything on his own. His last traveling call was because he did not want to pass the ball, he wanted to make that game tying shot.

I heard a good definition of what it takes to be a MVP. A player that makes everybody around him a better player. When Yao was out, T-Mac took players like Chuck Hayes and Mutombo and made them key components of a winning formula. Even the success of Yao depends greatly on the play of T-Mac. Sorry, I just don't see Kobe doing anything for his fellow players.

Mind-blowing.

kaorder1999
03-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Mind-blowing.

whats wrong with what he said?

Bull's-eye
03-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Kobe's style of play is why the Team USA can't dominate the World. See Magic and Bird for a winning brand of basketball.

Bull Butter
03-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Kobe's style of play is why the Team USA can't dominate the World. See Magic and Bird for a winning brand of basketball.

And for Kobe, see Shaq for a winning brand of basketball

DU_stud04
03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
wow go Kobe...no championships without Shaq kobe can do it without shaq, just not by himself.

g$$
04-01-2007, 02:20 AM

Thank you, both made their teammates better (even guys like Rambis, Sichting, Ainge, etc.). Kobe is a terrific talent & also an egomaniacal ball pig. His ego gets in his way, & to put the blame on Phil J. is a cop-out. Phil J. has also mentioned lately the "bad" shots Kobe takes too. Google that!