PDA

View Full Version : Our priorities are out of line!

kepdawg
03-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Watching taped footage from Tuesday when the President of Major League Baseball is talking with Senator John Kerry about MLB's TV packages. It just seems to me like there are bigger and better things our senators could be talking about!

eagles_victory
03-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Watching taped footage from Tuesday when the President of Major League Baseball is talking with Senator John Kerry about MLB's TV packages. It just seems to me like there are bigger and better things our senators could be talking about! i disagree i mean they should be allowed to have a timeout for things they enjoy 2. There people too it cant be all work and no play. Whats next president shouldnt throw out the first pitch?

kepdawg
03-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i disagree i mean they should be allowed to have a timeout for things they enjoy 2. There people too it cant be all work and no play. Whats next president shouldnt throw out the first pitch?

The problem is it is work. It is not a timeout or a casual conversation.

eagles_victory
03-30-2007, 06:10 PM
The problem is it is work. It is not a timeout or a casual conversation. is this a case of a republican nitpicking?

kepdawg
03-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
is this a case of a republican nitpicking?

It's a case of:

It just seems to me like there are bigger and better things our senators could be talking about!

TexasHSFootball
03-30-2007, 06:19 PM
if baseball and DirecTV didn't design a deal that was matchable by the cable companies and EchoStar, we would not have this conversation in Congress. It was Democratic Senator John Kerry that raised the complaint first. While I disagree with him on many many things, I do agree with him raising a voice and calling baseball and DirecTV out on this squabble.

big daddy russ
03-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Watching taped footage from Tuesday when the President of Major League Baseball is talking with Senator John Kerry about MLB's TV packages. It just seems to me like there are bigger and better things our senators could be talking about!
You're absolutely right. There are. But then again, they have to address the small issues just the same as the big ones.

On the other hand, our Congress is extremely inefficient when it comes to passing bills. Most bills that are proposed wind up just dying out after a session of Congress. It's especially bad here in Texas. So the big ones that need to be passed but aren't can be blamed on them too.

injuredinmelee
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
arent you sick of the government telling organizations and companies how they can run there own lives? I am sick of it.

Keith7
03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
arent you sick of the government telling organizations and companies how they can run there own lives? I am sick of it.

I'm glad in most cases because it is often protecting the consumer