PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Tournament Picks

Matthew328
02-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Gainesville (22-13) vs Tatum (29-6)
Gainesville got an emotional win over a pretty good Mt Vernon team...now the defending state champs turn around and play a well rested and very good Tatum ball club...this isn't a good spot for the Leps..Matt's pick TATUM

Lindale (28-5) vs Pittsburg (27-7)
Both these teams won battles and now turn around and play the next day...I think Pitt's depth carries them to the regional finals..Matt's pick: PITTSBURG

Keith7
02-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Can't you pick an upset sometime.. Your good luck when u pick Gainesville to win

Showtime33
02-28-2003, 12:47 AM
I think Tatum will beat Gainesville by at least 15. Gainesville has had a good run, but now they finally have to play somebody.

I'm picking Lindale to upset Pittsburg. Pittsburg had a really tough game against Madison, and I think it will take its toll on them having to play a tough OT game like that and turning around and having to play another one within 24 hours. I know Lindale also had a game tonight but I dont think it was as tough as the one Pittsburg had.

PPHSfan
02-28-2003, 10:57 AM
First of all..I am truly happy that District 9 still has a horse in the race with four left in Region 2. However if Pittsburg is as good or better than Lindale then the Leopards might as well phone in this weeks game because there is no way they hang with Pitt or Lindale afterwards. Sorry Keith but Yall just don't have it this year. You split close games with VA and PP this season, and Lindale schooled Pilot Point and then turned around and spanked Van Alstyne. They are just too friggin BIG. :p Even for the mighty Leopards.