PDA

View Full Version : Sign the contract Billy!

Funk-d-fied
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Going to get paid $1.75 million untill 2015. He is out of town and won't sign untill he gets back (scary)

Adidas410s
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
ESPN was saying at lunch that he would be paid $2 mil a year...

WHAT HAPPENED TO JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY??? :mad:

crzyjournalist03
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
ESPN was saying at lunch that he would be paid $2 mil a year...

WHAT HAPPENED TO JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY??? :mad:

there's probably a signing bonus or something involved...but I've always felt that once you're making seven figures, the numbers after the first one aren't that big of a deal anyway...

Old Tiger
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Well good for him. He is a good coach.

Funk-d-fied
03-30-2007, 02:05 PM
COLLEGE STATION - Texas A&M and men's basketball coach Billy Gillispie have agreed in principle to a contract extension that will pay him $1.75 million annually and run through 2015.

The Texas A&M Systems Board of Regents imet this morning and voted on the contract enhancements.

Under the new deal, Gillispie is in line for a $1 million retention clause if he stays through 2012. Another $750,000 will be added if Gillispie remains on through 2015.

Should Gillispie, who just completed his third year at A&M, stay through the duration of the contract, his annual intake will average nearly $2 million.

Athletic director Bill Byrne left this morning for the NCAA men's Final Four in Atlanta, presumably with contract in hand for Gillispie to sign.

The A&M Board of Regents is said to be cautiously optimistic Gillispie will indeed sign it.

Funk-d-fied
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Quote:

“I am thankful for the commitment Texas A&M continues to make to allow us to do the things we need to do, to achieve our ultimate goal—winning a national championship,” Gillispie said. “The commitment has been there since day one and continues to grow stronger still. While it’s embarrassing to me to be compensated so well to perform my passion for a school I love, I am sincerely appreciative of the efforts of Bill Byrne, our university administration, the board of regents and everyone associated with Texas A&M for their personal support they continue to show. We will continue to do our best to try and make the Texas A&M family proud.”

Adidas410s
03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
don't be too nervous now Funk...