PDA

View Full Version : Is that Iowa Parks

injuredinmelee
03-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Chase Wright pitching against the Tigers on ESPN right now?

kepdawg
03-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes

injuredinmelee
03-30-2007, 01:13 PM
someone wake up GM!

VWG
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Kid had been lost in the minors, made a comeback year last year.
Hope he keeps improving.
Saw him a few times his senior year for the Hawks. Great pitcher, just dominated in high school as he threw about 92mph.

Speaking of... if you ever get a chance to see Brandon Workman for Bowie pitch this year you're in for a treat. UT recruit, but he could easily be a pick in MLB draft.

Macarthur
03-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Chase had a good showing today. He had some elbow trouble his first year or two in the minors, but has come on strong his last two years. I'm to understand he has made the Yankees 40 man roster and will be in AAA this year. He's got a shot at the bigs.

kepdawg
04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
He got the start and the win for the Yankees tonight.

5 IP 5 Hits 3 ER 3K 3BB

injuredinmelee
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
GO CHASE!!!

GreenMonster
04-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Way to go Chase. I have to be at work at 4 this AM so I went to bed and missed it. He's been in Double A. Had a great spring following last year's Florida State League (Class A) Player of the Year. The Yanks feel he is good enough to put on their 40 man but know he hasn't ever been above A ball so they decided to send him to AA to get him a little seasoning before bumping him higher. You can see how strongly they feel about him since they skipped right past all of their AAA guys to pull him up to cover for this injury. Prior to last night he was 2-0 with a 0 era in 13 innings pitched at Trenton,NJ. He will throw again this weekend against the Red Sox.

GreenMonster
04-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Way to go Chase. I have to be at work at 4 this AM so I went to bed and missed it. He's been in Double A. Had a great spring following last year's Florida State League (Class A) Player of the Year. The Yanks feel he is good enough to put on their 40 man but know he hasn't ever been above A ball so they decided to send him to AA to get him a little seasoning before bumping him higher. You can see how strongly they feel about him since they skipped right past all of their AAA guys to pull him up to cover for this injury. Prior to last night he was 2-0 with a 0 era in 13 innings pitched at Trenton,NJ. He will throw again this weekend against the Red Sox.