PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville is the real deal....

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Friday night I went up to Gainesville and watched G'ville totally dominate a pretty good Celina squad....If I was a Forney fan I'd be worried becuase if G'ville and Forney matched up right now I'd take Gainesville..they have a QB who reminds me a LOT of Everman's Benton from last year...except he is a little bit quicker...they have a good stable of recievers who are fast and can go get the ball..and Terrius Purvey is a STUD...that kid is special...Gainesville's D has a few holes though..Celina just didn't have the material to exploit them..but Gainesville made me a believer Friday night..

jason
10-27-2003, 08:16 AM
ugh...what do you know... :D

cunbed10
10-27-2003, 09:19 AM
R they good enough to beat Burnet, Forney, and Kennadale?

Keith7
10-27-2003, 09:43 AM
wow, you almost brought me to tears with this post :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Yes they are...they have all the necessry talent to win it all...of course one bad game and yes they'll be gone..but as of right now I'd have em in the Div I championship game..

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Matt,

I also agree that Gainesville is the Real Deal, and has what it takes to go all the way. However, let me tell you why they won't beat Forney.

Although Gainesville has the talent to win, their Stellar Defense is built on SPEED and SPEED alone.

Forney's QB is way to Big for Gainesvilles attack with the small fast guys. Hanie can probably knock down anyone on the Gainesville D by himself. And with Laurey's speed the play action pass will be the death of the mighty Leopards.

Yes Gainesville has a championship caliber team, but they do not match up well against the Jackrabbits.

jason
10-27-2003, 11:00 AM
PPHSfan:
Matt,

I also agree that Gainesville is the Real Deal, and has what it takes to go all the way. However, let me tell you why they won't beat Forney.

Although Gainesville has the talent to win, their Stellar Defense is built on SPEED and SPEED alone.

Forney's QB is way to Big for Gainesvilles attack with the small fast guys. Hanie can probably knock down anyone on the Gainesville D by himself. And with Laurey's speed the play action pass will be the death of the mighty Leopards.

Yes Gainesville has a championship caliber team, but they do not match up well against the Jackrabbits.hey keith7...this post put tears in my eyes.... :D

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:02 AM
PPHSfan:
Matt,

Yes Gainesville has a championship caliber team, but they do not match up well against the Jackrabbits.Very true...football is a game of matchups...and I don't think Gainesville's D would match up with Forney's offense real well...I also don't think their D matches up with Everman real well either...BUT I don't think Forney or Everman or many teams period are gonna be able to slow down the offense that Gainesville has either...plus that kicker Gainesville has is a WEAPON..those guys cross the 40 and they are in scoring range..

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 11:02 AM
PPHSfan:
Matt,

Yes Gainesville has a championship caliber team, but they do not match up well against the Jackrabbits.I'm so glad he's back :D :D :D

3afan
10-27-2003, 11:05 AM
i'm staying out of it except to say I sure hope that matchup happens ........... I think Forney gets by WP in round 1 (that matchup has already been determined) but round 2 worries me ...

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 11:06 AM
I figured from the start of the season they would be good. Some Celina fans stated that this was thier best team ever. I stiil had Gainsville picked to win district, and it looks as if they will not let me down. As far as PPHSfan estimation of how a likely Forney VS Gainsville match will go....seems he thought that Celina would beat Gainsville also. He just might be wrong again.

Key injuries certainly enters into the picture, just like with Canyon and aparently Greenwood, and even Decatur last year.

But who can field the best team at the time is all that counts in the final score. The game goes a long way in showing that tradition does not score points.

3afan
10-27-2003, 11:06 AM
3afan:
i'm staying out of it except to say I sure hope that matchup happens ........... I think Forney gets by WP in round 1 (that matchup has already been determined) but round 2 worries me ...actually round 2 should worry Gainesville too with Atlanta looming

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Gainesville goes to the second round with ease. They will DESTROY Paris North Lamar.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Atlanta looks like they'll be Div 2...so Gainesville likely in Rd 2 will get Lindale or Texarkana PG...and Gainesville will roll past either one of those 2

3afan
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Chief Woodman:
I figured from the start of the season they would be good. Some Celina fans stated that this was thier best team ever. I stiil had Gainsville picked to win district, and it looks as if they will not let me down. As far as PPHSfan estimation of how a likely Forney VS Gainsville match will go....seems he thought that Celina would beat Gainsville also. He just might be wrong again.

Key injuries certainly enters into the picture, just like with Canyon and aparently Greenwood, and even Decatur last year.

But who can field the best team at the time is all that counts in the final score. The game goes a long way in showing that tradition does not score points.also who is HOT come playoff time (Atlanta ...)

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Matthew328:
Atlanta looks like they'll be Div 2...so Gainesville likely in Rd 2 will get Lindale or Texarkana PG...and Gainesville will roll past either one of those 2how did Atlanta go DI last year?

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Chief,

I agree that I picked the wrong winner in the Celina Matchup. But the unbalanced score was due to circumstances that I was not in the know about until after my predictions. Had I known about Coach Ford's family tragedy, and the fact that the third string QB would be leading Celina, and had a crystal ball and known that their best offensive lineman would leave early in the game...my prediction may have changed.

Gainesville has a fantastic team....I knew that beforehand, but Celina is still much much better than the score showed, and if you don't believe me, just wait until the playoffs start.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Atlanta went D1 last year because both Texarkana schools missed the playoffs....Texarkana PG is almost a lock to make the playoffs this year..

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
wow...if Atlanta is anything like they were last year, DII had better watch out for them...they made it to the Region II final and had us in a nail-biter through most of the game.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Atlanta is real strong..don't let their 4-4 record fool you...to me the top 3 in Reg Div 2 are Atlanta, Daingerfield and Gilmer (in no order) looks like Gilmer and Daingerfield will meet in bi-district..

DarkWing
10-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Gainsville is the real deal for sure. This team was explosive and won the game in the first quarter against the Bobcats. Injuries do happen and what you field is what you play. I would have predicted a much closer game, but Gainsville showed greatness and earned the win.

Keith7
10-27-2003, 01:23 PM
PPHSfan:
Matt,

Yes Gainesville has a championship caliber team, but they do not match up well against the Jackrabbits.Your saying all this with out ever even seeing forney play, so you really have no idea how well they match up.. and i know Forney can say all they want about how scrimmages dont matter, but Gainesville did seem to match up just fine against the forney offense.. and Gainesville can handle size, i think we saw that last week with 220 lb. Jacob Martin running the ball,and a line w/ an average size of 260 lbs.

you keep dissing Gainesville because what they did to Pilot Point, but face it, you were totally wrong last week, you can be wrong again

Gilmer Buckeye
10-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Matthew328:
Atlanta is real strong..don't let their 4-4 record fool you...to me the top 3 in Reg Div 2 are Atlanta, Daingerfield and Gilmer (in no order) looks like Gilmer and Daingerfield will meet in bi-district..There is still a slight chance Gilmer will go Div I. If Lindale loses its last two games (this is quite possible as they are with Winnsboro and Gilmer) and Mount Vernon wins out versus Mineola and Winnsboro, there would be a 3-way tie for second in 11-3A and then you'd go to point spreads to figure out which two of the three made the playoffs.

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Keith,

If you were not such a child, you would see that I am not "dissing Gainesville" at all. At least I take the time to spell their name right on here, unlike 90 percent of the posters. And as a matter of fact, I have seen Forney play several times over the past several years, they are one of my favorite teams, and I have friends and family that live there. It is you that probably have never seen them play, so you just don't understand that their QB runs like a Fullback when he is flushed out, and can eaily run OVER most defensive players in this leauge, including everyone on that speedy defense that Gainesville fields. And unlike you, I am not childish enough to show disrespect just because a team beat "my team". You show more childish disrespect in winning, than I have ever displayed in a loss. Hopefully one day you will grow up and get some respect on this site. Until then, you can remain silent and be thought of as a fool, or keep talking and remove all doubt.

Keith7
10-27-2003, 01:59 PM
PPHSfan:
Keith,

If you were not such a child, you would see that I am not "dissing Gainesville" at all. At least I take the time to spell their name right on here, unlike 90 percent of the posters. And as a matter of fact, I have seen Forney play several times over the past several years, they are one of my favorite teams, and I have friends and family that live there. It is you that probably have never seen them play, so you just don't understand that their QB runs like a Fullback when he is flushed out, and can eaily run OVER most defensive players in this leauge, including everyone on that speedy defense that Gainesville fields. And unlike you, I am not childish enough to show disrespect just because a team beat "my team". You show more childish disrespect in winning, than I have ever displayed in a loss. Hopefully one day you will grow up and get some respect on this site. Until then, you can remain silent and be thought of as a fool, or keep talking and remove all doubt.Gainesville doesnt miss many tackles, they are a defensive minded team...
actually i have seen them play, at last years scrimmage, video, and this years scrimmage.. and any body that "runs like a full back" must not be fast enough to get around our speedy defense.. Speed kills...

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Gilmer Buckeye:
There is still a slight chance Gilmer will go Div I. If Lindale loses its last two games (this is quite possible as they are with Winnsboro and Gilmer) and Mount Vernon wins out versus Mineola and Winnsboro, there would be a 3-way tie for second in 11-3A and then you'd go to point spreads to figure out which two of the three made the playoffs..
You are so right, and if that were the case, Lindales narrow 2 point margin of victory over Mt. Vernon could come back to haunt both them and Gilmer in a BIG way.

WOW, There may be 10,000 fans at the MV-Winnsboro game on the 7th. It could turn out to be the deciding fate for four different schools in the district, not to mention the first round for others with the seeding possibilities. Ain't Texas Highschool Football great? :D

MonkeyJoe
10-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey Matt, i tried to find u at the game, but no luck....
keith7 was sittin like 5 rows back and i was gonna take you over and introduce yall but o well...

Keith7
10-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Tell these guys they cant take on a power runner
http://www.celinafootball.com/images/gains_martin_7.jpg http://www.celinafootball.com/images/gains_martin_4.jpg http://www.celinafootball.com/images/gains_lott_2.jpg http://www.celinafootball.com/images/1025celina-hsf1.jpg http://www.celinafootball.com/images/gains_martin_2.jpg

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a great football team- I'd love to see them in action.

BIG19
10-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Great pics Keith7!! Thanks

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Keith7:

PPHSfan:
Keith,

If you were not such a child, you would see that I am not "dissing Gainesville" at all. At least I take the time to spell their name right on here, unlike 90 percent of the posters. And as a matter of fact, I have seen Forney play several times over the past several years, they are one of my favorite teams, and I have friends and family that live there. It is you that probably have never seen them play, so you just don't understand that their QB runs like a Fullback when he is flushed out, and can eaily run OVER most defensive players in this leauge, including everyone on that speedy defense that Gainesville fields. And unlike you, I am not childish enough to show disrespect just because a team beat "my team". You show more childish disrespect in winning, than I have ever displayed in a loss. Hopefully one day you will grow up and get some respect on this site. Until then, you can remain silent and be thought of as a fool, or keep talking and remove all doubt.Gainesville doesnt miss many tackles, they are a defensive minded team...
actually i have seen them play, at last years scrimmage, video, and this years scrimmage.. and any body that "runs like a full back" must not be fast enough to get around our speedy defense.. Speed kills...Actually, Caleb Hanie is very fast for a QB, and PPHSfan is right about him running like a fullback. Last year against Atlanta, he literally ran over three defenders to score a TD to give us the victory.

Keith7
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
BIG19:
Great pics Keith7!! ThanksI actually got them off of the celina football website, they have more pictures, and video if you are interested...

Celina-Gainesville Link off of the Celina Football Website (http://www.celinafootball.com/pages/948354/index.htm)

Chris Hart
10-27-2003, 08:29 PM
Matthew, I too see Gainesville in the DivI Championship. I think they are more of a sure bet than any team in the state in either Div. of making the Championship.

Owen B
10-27-2003, 08:59 PM
According to THIS, (http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/forum2/showflat.pl?Cat=65440&Board=HSTXFootball&Number=566038&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5) Gainesville is #1 in Harris ratings this week.