PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights last show

Bull's-eye
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Did anybody watch the last show? Because of a chemical leak, the Panthers end up playing a state semi-final game in a pasture. The other coach wanted to play at (RRISD?) a big stadium, but Coach Taylor didn't want to give up his home-field advantage.

44INAROW
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
I watched parts of it - freaking weather bulletins breaking in every 5 mins but I saw some of it. Can you believe the cow-pasture game? When did they have time to set it all up? oh well, I will be there watching next week - it's just a show........ plus, I gotta see who wins State :p

crzyjournalist03
03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
is this show supposed to just last one season, or is it going to be carried next year too?

44INAROW
03-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
is this show supposed to just last one season, or is it going to be carried next year too?

of course it's going to be continued - how else will we know how Coach does at TMU in Austin :D :D Seriously, I hope it's picked up for another season, but have no idea what's going to happen

crzyjournalist03
03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
of course it's going to be continued - how else will we know how Coach does at TMU in Austin :D :D Seriously, I hope it's picked up for another season, but have no idea what's going to happen

I'm just wondering how you could continue the show over multiple high school seasons...seems like they'd have to replace a lot of the cast every year as well as have some losing years to keep it realistic.

Adidas410s
03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I think they're writing that part in under the assumption that it's not picked up next year. If it is...then great. They still have Saracen and Smash in the backfield (they're both juniors)...Street will become the OC after they fire the old guy that the coach doesn't like...Riggins will hang around town and have the off/on thing with the cougar...and they have a chance to go for another state title! :)

crzyjournalist03
03-30-2007, 01:27 PM
wow...I've never actually watched an episode of it.

44INAROW
03-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think they're writing that part in under the assumption that it's not picked up next year. If it is...then great. They still have Saracen and Smash in the backfield (they're both juniors)...Street will become the OC after they fire the old guy that the coach doesn't like...Riggins will hang around town and have the off/on thing with the cougar...and they have a chance to go for another state title! :)

Did you hear the little boy ask Riggins if he was going to have "another sleep over" at his house :D :D

pirate4state
03-30-2007, 01:37 PM
ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I haven't watched this week yet!!!! :doh:

Adidas410s
03-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Did you hear the little boy ask Riggins if he was going to have "another sleep over" at his house :D :D
that was right before he looked at the cougar and said, "You liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeeeeey?" :D :D :D

Snyder_TigerFan
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I still enjoy the show.

I liked Riggins' bother's response about him going to the girls house again- "I may not have a PhD in Stupid like you do...". Never heard that...I'll have to use it sometime!:)

bhtrainer
03-30-2007, 02:14 PM
i really wish i could hurry up and get it on dvd! ive missed so much

Cat22
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
You can watch all the episodes online at nbc.com.

Bull's-eye
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
That "cougar" is the cheerleader from the "Replacements".

Also, I haven't noticed cell phones. When the coach's daughter fell asleep and came home very late, why didn't they just call her cell? Is this show in a time period before cell phones?

Antec
03-30-2007, 04:00 PM
It wasnt shown on Houston station NBC Channel 2

Had a special program on Shell Golf Tournament

Dont know if the will air it here later

44INAROW
03-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
That "cougar" is the cheerleader from the "Replacements".

yep- her name is Brooke Langton (sp) - I think she played on Melrose Place for a few episodes - maybe her character was Samantha? been so long ago, I can't remember. Years ago there was a series on TV called The Net - takeoff of the Sandra Bullock movie and she played on it too.

pirate4state
03-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Just watched it. Too funny. Except for the attempted rape of Tyra!!! :mad: :mad:

Bull's-eye
03-30-2007, 04:25 PM
yep- her name is Brooke Langton (sp) -

She was raised in Euless.

bobcat1
03-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just watched it. Too funny. Except for the attempted rape of Tyra!!! :mad: :mad: I wanted to kill that SOB!:mad: