PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Willis to the Mavs?

kepdawg
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
He didn't play last season and he's 44.

If it happens he'll only be expected to play a few minutes as the third center.

Maybe his veteran status and his ring will help a little bit.

Either way I don't think it makes much difference.

TexasHSFootball
03-29-2007, 09:33 PM
this guy is still around? good grief! he was getting old when he play for the Heat!

:eek:

Diocletian
03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
he's there for 1 reason

to keep the others out of foul trouble

Darren
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I saw him on Pros vs Joes the other night. He still seemed to be in good shape.

Emerson1
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I wouldn\'t mind it. If he can go 5 or 6 minutes without having stupid turnovers and can pull down some rebounds, it\'s worth the 6 extra fouls and can risk some hard fouls in the paint.

g$$
03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
That tells you right there the lack of quality big men in the NBA & elsewhere. Willis was a fine player in his day, but he is older than dirt by athletic standards. Simply a stop-gap measure...

Adidas410s
03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wouldn\'t mind it. If he can go 5 or 6 minutes without having stupid turnovers and can pull down some rebounds, it\'s worth the 6 extra fouls and can risk some hard fouls in the paint.

Exactly. As Harris has emerged as a consistent scorer this season...the Mavs have stopped looking to Dampier for scoring and rely on him more for rebounding and blocks. Case in point...Damp had 5 double-doubles in Nov/Dec but only 2 since January 1st. His rebounding #'s have stayed consistent though and he hasn't had one of his period 2 for 9 nights at the FT line either...his biggest liability. If Willis can eat up the minutes better than Pops...then let's get him in there! :thumbsup: