PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sportsmanship? 64-0 win!

kepdawg
03-29-2007, 06:57 PM
In Softball!!! :eek:

Woodinville (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003639381_ko28.html)

tigerpride_08
03-29-2007, 07:05 PM
i don't think its poor sportsmanship...just got lost in the game...he sounded like he regretted it...

JR2004
03-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Didn't score enough in my opinion.

neck_06
03-29-2007, 07:47 PM
poor sportsmanship.

bottom line...you know if you are up by 64, you don't just miss stuff like that.

Columbia was up on Brookshire Royal by 21 after 3 innings. they could have easily put up as many runs as they wanted too, but they didn't. (this goes for all the other 24-3A teams who have played Brookshire)

tigerpride_08
03-29-2007, 07:50 PM
i was gonna bring up Royal...they can't help what the outcome is...i heard Sweeny beat them 35-2 maybe?....now thats pretty bad in baseball...our coaches give us directions when we're up 7 not to run up the score...

neck_06
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i was gonna bring up Royal...they can't help what the outcome is...i heard Sweeny beat them 35-2 maybe?....now thats pretty bad in baseball...our coaches give us directions when we're up 7 not to run up the score...

seven isn't enough in high school baseball, 7-spots aren't that unusual.....keep scoring until you are up by 15 or so and then just play it out.

tigerpride_08
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
seven isn't enough in high school baseball, 7-spots aren't that unusual.....keep scoring until you are up by 15 or so and then just play it out.

ah our head coach is old school...i would hope we would be able to keep a 7 run lead...this really only occurs when we're playing teams we should be easily...usually if we're facing...lets say, Needville...the higher the better...:D

neck_06
03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
ah our head coach is old school...i would hope we would be able to keep a 7 run lead...this really only occurs when we're playing teams we should be easily...usually if we're facing...lets say, Needville...the higher the better...:D

yeah, ciruti is old school......he is a great coach though.

tigerpride_08
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
yeah, currudi (sp?) is old school......he is a great coach though.

wow...someone wasn't close on that one...:D its Ciruti...

neck_06
03-29-2007, 07:59 PM
there i fixed it. :D

Antec
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
They had similar scores when they were in 2A

I doubt these kids have a summer ball prorgram

This is their first year to play softball and also soccer

They will be 4A 5-10 years as fast as the school is growing

Old Tiger
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
wow they suck! They should just drop the softball program.

mwynn05
03-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
wow they suck! They should just drop the softball program. Rockdale should do the same with their football program:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
03-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Rockdale should do the same with their football program:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: LMAO!! this is the quote of the week!

back on topic....yes....poor sportsmanship. As stated above..lost in the game or not...you cant really miss being up by 64 points. Totally uncalled for.

DU_stud04
03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
go for the throat or go home.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
go for the throat or go home.

Haha yeah but 64 runs, I mean that is pretty amazing. 30-0 would have been going for the throat just as much. I can't believe they don't have a mercy rule in place anyways. If I would have been coaching the other team I may have had to stop the game and talk to the other coach about sportmanship halfway through.

DU_stud04
03-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Haha yeah but 64 runs, I mean that is pretty amazing. 30-0 would have been going for the throat just as much. I can't believe they don't have a mercy rule in place anyways. If I would have been coaching the other team I may have had to stop the game and talk to the other coach about sportmanship halfway through. are you going to tell your kids to strike out on purpose? if my kids are hitting the ball, then they are going to hit the ball, i wont be calling bunt plays or telling my kids to steal, hitnruns, but at the same time im going to let my kids play their ball, maybe without most of the regular starters and trying out a new pitcher.

i remember blowing out some teams 30+ growing up :) i miss baseball

Diocletian
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
nothing like getting some live action batting practice

lmao

DU_stud04
03-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

lmao :clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM
ouch...that is horrible!

pirate4state
03-30-2007, 08:49 AM
:eek: :eek: WOW - I'm glad we have mercy rules in place.

64 runs is a bit much

ROFL @ diocletian :clap:

Old Tiger
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Rockdale should do the same with their football program:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Has Fairfield ever won a state championship in football.:thinking:

Sinton94
03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

lmao

Dosen't sound too lively to me.............How many were walks?

I'm willing to bet hitting that lolly-pop batting practice will do more damage than good in the long run.

Poor sportsmenship in my opinion as well. I applaude the team for trying and not quitting.

mustang68
03-30-2007, 09:14 AM
The idea that a coach with this much experience would ever not know the score in a game is ridiculous.
There is absolutely no excuse for 64 runs.

I coached a fast pitch team in the 80"s made up of all 13/14 year olds.
We were matched against 16 year olds and lost every game by 20 runs. We were very young; they were very experienced. The coaches were smart enough to know not to completly embarrass the team, which they could have done easily.
Long story short the following year our team was seasoned, hardened, and ready for some pay back. Which over the next two years we gladly dished. But never to the detriment of the young inexperienced players we faced.

No excuse for this from an experienced coach. There are ways to balance the game and still have your atheletes compete and preform at a high level.

Reds fan
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
This "coach" was not thinking at all... there are many ways and reasons not to run up a score. Main reason not to, how stupid would you feel if one of your kids got injured during one of these pastings? Once the runs have been scored and innings played to reach the run rule why risk injury by playing any more innings than needed. Batters don't need to strike out on purpose! Have them bat left handed or opposite their natural way. Have runners leave early, that way a batter is not penalized in batting average.

neck_06
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
are you going to tell your kids to strike out on purpose? if my kids are hitting the ball, then they are going to hit the ball, i wont be calling bunt plays or telling my kids to steal, hitnruns, but at the same time im going to let my kids play their ball, maybe without most of the regular starters and trying out a new pitcher.

i remember blowing out some teams 30+ growing up :) i miss baseball

you don't have to tell them to strike out in softball.....let them hit it, and when they are on base, all they have to do is just walk off the base before the pitcher pitches the ball and they are automatically out.

thats how royal got all 6 of their outs against columbia.