PDA

View Full Version : $3.25 cupcakes in Dallas???

Adidas410s
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/

Sprinkles Cupcakes opens, at last

08:48 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/03-28-2007.nf_28cup.GMC2437H3.1.jpg

Expect lines when you visit Sprinkles Cupcakes, now open in The Plaza at Preston Center.

After months of waiting, Dallas finally has Sprinkles Cupcakes, the celebrated cupcake bakery that has taken Beverly Hills by storm. Twelve flavors of all-natural cupcakes are made daily, adorned with minimalist concentric sugar dots or a blanket of French sprinkles.

The cupcakes don't come cheap – $3.25 each, or $36 per dozen – but that didn't stop customers from lining up to place orders on Monday, opening day. (It seemed no one bought just one.)

The bakery prides itself on using top-quality ingredients such as Callebaut chocolate and Nielsen-Massey Pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla.

Five flavors are available each day, including top sellers such as the Black and White (Belgian dark chocolate cake with vanilla icing) and Red Velvet (Southern-style light chocolate with cream-cheese icing). The other 15 flavors rotate throughout the week; stop by to pick up a card detailing the flavor schedule.

On opening day, a moist banana cupcake and a rich, dense, coconut cupcake didn't disappoint. We'll be back Wednesday to try the Ginger Lemon.

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
That is ridiculous!!!

stangGirl2007
03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That is ridiculous!!!

Tell me about it! I would never pay that much just for a cupcake.

GreenMonster
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm just guessing here but, I think it's safe to assume Mrs. Baird's in not found anywhere near the label on these cupcakes. Her's usually run 2 for $1.19 or $1.29 somewhere in that range. I really like the buttercream ones.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/

Sprinkles Cupcakes opens, at last

08:48 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/03-28-2007.nf_28cup.GMC2437H3.1.jpg

Expect lines when you visit Sprinkles Cupcakes, now open in The Plaza at Preston Center.

After months of waiting, Dallas finally has Sprinkles Cupcakes, the celebrated cupcake bakery that has taken Beverly Hills by storm. Twelve flavors of all-natural cupcakes are made daily, adorned with minimalist concentric sugar dots or a blanket of French sprinkles.

The cupcakes don't come cheap – $3.25 each, or $36 per dozen – but that didn't stop customers from lining up to place orders on Monday, opening day. (It seemed no one bought just one.)

The bakery prides itself on using top-quality ingredients such as Callebaut chocolate and Nielsen-Massey Pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla.

Five flavors are available each day, including top sellers such as the Black and White (Belgian dark chocolate cake with vanilla icing) and Red Velvet (Southern-style light chocolate with cream-cheese icing). The other 15 flavors rotate throughout the week; stop by to pick up a card detailing the flavor schedule.

On opening day, a moist banana cupcake and a rich, dense, coconut cupcake didn't disappoint. We'll be back Wednesday to try the Ginger Lemon.

They aren't even decorated pretty!!:rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They aren't even decorated pretty!!:rolleyes: omg i just did a double take on the "topping/decoration" :eek: :eek: HAHAHAHA

I can see men enjoying these more than women. :devil: LMAO!

Rabbit'93
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
omg i just did a double take on the "topping/decoration" :eek: :eek: HAHAHAHA

I can see men enjoying these more than women. :devil: LMAO!
i don't get it???:confused: :confused:

;)

JR2004
03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
The location of the business is why they can sell them for 3.25 and people won't complain one bit. They could sell them for 10 dollars a cupcake in that area and people would still buy them there.

44INAROW
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
We some of these served at the SLC cheerleader party?:D

pirate44
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
i dont see any problem here. they are obviously pretty tasty and cost less than half of what you'd pay ordering a tiney dessert at a nice restaurant.