PDA

View Full Version : The Tobacco Monster!!

rangerjim
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Have gone 28 hours, 31 minutes and 37 seconds without a smoke. What've you folks got to keep me on the straight and narrow. Am cold turkey right now but have an appointment to get the new miracle stop-smoking drug at the Docs tomorrow.

Anyone taken that yet - don't know the name.........

How about a baseball fantasay league to get my mind off the nicotine? No one say Suduko puzzles - they stink........

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Good Luck!!! Chew some gum!!! :D

DU_stud04
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
sun flower seeds

shankbear
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Those receptors in your lungs are really pissed off that you aren't pumping what they crave. Hammer the little buggers down for a week and you can whip it.....whip it good.

RMAC
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I've never tried to quit until the other day when I decided to see how long I could make it without a dip. I made it about 25 hours, but then I finished a history test worth 25% of my grade and I just lost it. . . I never thought studying could be so hard. Try sunflower seeds though. I went through 3 bags in that 25 hours.

CHS_CG
03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Mom help fight the craving by takin welburt.. something or another and then went through sunflower seeds like they were goin outta style.. shes been smoke free for 7 years

EricDraven
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
If you find something that works, let me know. I've been chewing Beechnut like a cow on cud for years and can't shake it.

Ranger Mom
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Mom help fight the craving by takin welburt.. something or another and then went through sunflower seeds like they were goin outta style.. shes been smoke free for 7 years

Welbutrin?

My sister in law is taking some meds right now.....whatever it is, she doesn't quit cold turkey, but the pills are supposed to lessen her craving daily! It's not the welburtrin though...and even with her presciption card, they still cost $90!

44INAROW
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
good luck RangerJim - If you have a "weak moment" think how pretty and pink your lungs will be without all that nasty, black smoke filtering through them, how your breathe will be much better and how your clothes won't smell like wet ashtrays.......... hope you succeed.......... :cool:
I quit 17 years ago and I am thankful everyday that I did.. now if I could get Mr44 to quit:rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
...and how your clothes won't smell like wet ashtrays..........

omg that is the worst.....i hate when people walk in here and bring that nasty trail of smoke with them :hairpunk:

rangerjim
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Another two hours down. Appreciate the support and ideas. My wife thinks sunflower seed breath is almost as bad as smoke breath. Maybe grapes or carrots or some crap like that.......

I do have a bathroom I finished tiling last night that I have to grout now. That should keep me busy...........

44INAROW
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
Maybe grapes or carrots or some crap like that.......

I do have a bathroom I finished tiling last night that I have to grout now. That should keep me busy..........

Funny you mention GRAPES, CRAP and BATHROOM in the same post :D :D :D :D :D

seriously - good luck and if you cave in to a weak moment - don't give up - just start over again.

rangerjim
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
44inarow - you must have been a philosophy major or something - didn't notice that fruedien bathroom link in my post. either that or your increidibly bored...........

44INAROW
03-29-2007, 03:35 PM
44inarow - you must have been a philosophy major or something - didn't notice that fruedien bathroom link in my post. either that or your increidibly bored...........

naw - I just eat alot of grapes :p :p :p

GreenMonster
03-29-2007, 04:22 PM
I went cold turkey and ditched a 16 year snuff habit. Just put it down sometime around Valentine's Day. I didn't really ever have a craving problem. My biggest hump to get over was the habitual/ritual times. (i.e. after eating, first thing in the morning, etc.) Those were the only times that I ever caught myself thinking, "Man, I sure would like a dip of snuff right now." I am currently chewing sunflower seeds but that is more of an it's baseball season thing with me than a replacement for my snuff. All I can say is stay strong and be determined to beat it.

BuffyMars
03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Terry is going to have a hard time with his snuff. He's been dipping for a LONG time. :(

I would choose the nasty smell of smoke over looking at that spit and smelling that spit anyday! Its SOOOOO GROSS!

:hand:

rangerjim
04-19-2007, 04:29 PM
for anyone who cares - am at 538 hours+ now without a ciggy. may just be about over the hump...........

Ingleside Fan
04-19-2007, 06:34 PM
for anyone who cares - am at 538 hours+ now without a ciggy. may just be about over the hump...........

Remmember your never a non smoker. You have to quit everyday one day at a time. 6 years now for me and still have cravings every so often. Hang in there! Your doing Great!:clap: :clap:

loboes86
04-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Try gum,sunflower seeds and when those don't seem to work, think about sex . It really takes the mind off tobacco. I quit a 20+ snuff habit 9 years ago cold turkey.:devil: :devil:

smustangs
04-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sun flower seeds

thats what my dad and my roommate did to quit dippin so i was goin to suggest the same thing

Angeleyes
04-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sun flower seeds

sunflowers work great and get some dumb dumbs (suckers)
Good Luck, sounds like your doing good so far, keep it up;)

SintonFan
04-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I see you posted that you had quit 28+ hours before 03-29-2007 01:35 PM. Awesome job RJ. Keep it up. My wife quit two weeks before you did and she is doing great! She smells so unbelievably wonderful now... so frikkin great....
soooo nice.........
i'll be right back. :D
The greatest things about quitting smoking is getting your sense of taste back for one, and finding out just how powerful your libido is, too.:clap: :clap: :evilgrin:

Emerson1
04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Eat bananas. I read on my TAKS test today they can help with the cravings.

Pmoney
04-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
haha i read that too....stupid taks....o btw good luck jim keep up the good work

Emerson1
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
haha i read that too....stupid taks....o btw good luck jim keep up the good work
Did you think it was really hard?

Pmoney
04-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Did you think it was really hard?
math was easy but science sucked...i also didnt have a science class this year

SintonFan
04-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Bananas are like anti-roto rooter. Did you learn that too on the TAKS?:dispntd:
I say not.:p

smustangs
04-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney

that bill to drop taks and take end of course exams is nearly passed now so maybe i wont have to teach to that stupid test

big daddy russ
04-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Congrats, RJ. Keep it up.

DU_stud04
04-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
thats what my dad and my roommate did to quit dippin so i was goin to suggest the same thing i just like sunflower seeds. :)

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bananas are like anti-roto rooter. Did you learn that too on the TAKS?:dispntd:
I say not.:p

:thinking: So....how do coffee AND banana's together affect the old sewer system??

luvhoops34
04-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Keep up the good work RJ, my husband quit after many, many years of smoking. His asthma cleared up and he feels and smells sooooo much better. :D

rangerjim
04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
appreciate the support I'm getting -

bananas and seeds are my staple. wife taught me the banana deal. I do smell better - at least I think I do - not sure the libido thing is working out though - for me it is............. but the missus (sp) is about to lock me up......

rangerjim
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Another big positve is that I spend more time on the downlow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my big "100" anniversery coming up soon.

pirate4state
04-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Keep on keeping on dude! :thumbsup: